Valar Morghulis--Valar Dohaeris discussion

The Mystery Knight (The Tales of Dunk and Egg, #3)
This topic is about The Mystery Knight
The Hedge Knight > "The Mystery Knight" - Dunk & Egg #3 - *Marked* Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris , The Kingslayer (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 903 comments And for the newest one.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 212 comments I just finished this trilogy last night. What a fun ride into Westeros history and with sooo many Targaryens. I love the power play, the Blackfyre rebellion backstory and Egg is so adorable.

Are there any stories like this? I feel like reading LOTR'Silmarilion but with so much actions.

message 3: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 8 comments When will #4 be out and in what book?

Evilynn | 36 comments I think GRRM is working on The She-Wolves of Winterfell for the anthology Dangeous Women which he's also co-editing IIRC.

message 5: by Chris , The Kingslayer (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 903 comments Yes, that's what I've read, Evilynn. They haven't announced a release date on that one yet.

message 6: by Chris , The Kingslayer (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 903 comments Update: http://grrm.livejournal.com/310198.ht...

The Bad News: "The She-Wolves of Winterfell" has been delayed.

The Good News: Dangerous Women will still include a GRRM story: "The Princess and the Queen". This will be about the historical Dance of Dragons. Should be interesting.

Other awesome authors have made contributions. Check out the list. Release date TBA, but the book is turned in to Tor.

Prin (prncss1121) | 1 comments Awesome.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 212 comments Just finished rereading this for the ... fourth time.

Did anyone manage to guess these two important incognito characters here? (view spoiler)

message 9: by Chris , The Kingslayer (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 903 comments I believe I did, Silvana. But I haven't read it since it came out.

I saw recently that GRRM said they will be releasing a graphic novel for this one soon.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 212 comments yes I am looking forward to that. I think the graphic novels are a better deal than the Knight of the Seven Kingdom since the story has not finished yet. and the artwork is excellent as well.

As for the two disguised men, I noticed Dunk's first impression of them to be equally correct. If he thinks something is off then it is likely to be true. and boy there are so many Targs dreaming about him!

Also loved his and Egg's brotherly affection towards each other, including those (empty) threats of ear clouting.

message 11: by Chris , The Kingslayer (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 903 comments Oh yes, I need to read this again.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 212 comments Here's the link to the graphic novel:
The Mystery Knight: A Graphic Novel The Mystery Knight A Graphic Novel by Ben Avery

I love the illustrator's work I want to see everyone so bad.

message 13: by Chris , The Kingslayer (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 903 comments Beautiful. Thanks for the link!