My Sister's Keeper My Sister's Keeper discussion

my sister's keeper

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mom (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mom interesting reading, completely different ending than i expected

message 2: by Betty (new)

Betty George This book definately got a reaction from me. The ending was not what i had anticipated. Loved and hated it at the same time. Great book though.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

This was my first Jodi book and I fell in love with her style right away. I agree that the ending blew me away but not all endings are peaches and cream...made it more like real life to me

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (last edited Oct 02, 2008 12:14PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Brigid ✩ I would have liked it but I thought the ending was stupid; it really took away from my enjoyment of the whole story. Yeah, yeah I know. It was supposed to be IRONIC. But personally, I thought it was lame -- it was just trying too hard, in my opinion. And then everyone tells me, "You just don't like it cuz it was sad!" NO. I have no problems with sad endings, as long as they are pulled off well. This one wasn't.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

This book definately got a reaction from me. The ending was not what i had anticipated. Loved and hated it at the same time. Great book though.

Steffi I love this book.Yeah the ending wasn't what i expected either but i really liked it. I mean ok it was sad, but it makes you thinking just as the whole book.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't really hate. I loved it. I just really hated her mom! And afterwards I cried for about six hours! haha

Rachel I think that the end made the book all the more powerful and of course heartbreaking.

Damira I just finished the book a few hours ago. And thankfully I was on the bus, because I would have been bawling my eyes out! The whole book is so beautifully written but it doesn't just provoke sadness, it actually makes you think, question life, put yourself in a similar position... The whole time I was really torn not knowing what I would have done... The ending is a bit dramatic/hollywoodish for my liking, but it shouldn't be treated as the focal point of the book...