Team Edward discussion

Edaward book v. movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M. (new)

M. | 1 comments Edward isn't as cute in the mvie as the book agreed??

message 2: by kristen (new)

kristen yes finally someone agrees with me

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 72 comments lol. He really isn't. So when I picture him in the books I think of this hotty and then when i get on to the computer to disagree and say rob is hot I see his pic. and i go EWWW!!

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelumana33) | 15 comments I KNOW!!!!!!!!
Rob is so UGLY
Trent Ford can play Edward

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelumana33) | 15 comments But the person that plays Rosalie in the movie is perfect. When I was reading the books that is exactly how i imagined her

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 72 comments holy crow yeah she is. so how long did it take you to read the books?

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1 comments I knew who was playing edward before i read the book so i pictured him through out the whole series but i still think he's a perfect edward!
just my opinion! :)

message 8: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 104 comments Rob is nawt ugly. Trent Ford would admittedly be good tho. I had already seen trailers when I started the books, so I picture Edward just like Robert.
But hey, you can have your oppinions too!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Robert is what i thought Edward looked like, but not what i thought he sounded like
i thought he was more energetic
but in all ive seen
Rob is all cool and collected and quiet

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelumana33) | 15 comments i read all of them in a day
i reread all of them in another day

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 72 comments if you don't count all the days where i had to go and buy the other books then it was only half a day

message 12: by Mayra (new)

Mayra Villavicencio (gizel) No one is going to be cute and handsome Edward from the book because we all have our own picture of how he looks that's the beauty of our imagination. But i do think that Rob makes a good Edward for the movie, i think he is cute and handsome. but that just me and plus Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson looked good together. also long as the movie is good that's all the matter to me anyways. The cast is set so we all must live with it even if we think that Rob is not handsome. but i think he is very handsome and cute!!!!

message 13: by Desirae (new)

Desirae (desiraelovesrob) | 37 comments I think that Rob is great.
Yeah but everyone has there own idea of what he looks like. lol.

message 14: by Desirae (new)

Desirae (desiraelovesrob) | 37 comments Like the Entertainment Weekly cover he and Kristen look horrible. Then the one where it is all of the Cullens and Bella, he looks bad in that one too. :(( I thought that he looked okayy in Harry Potter. Not horrible but not great. lol.

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Allen (kittiecatgirl) I think that Rob is perfect for the part :) A lot of ladies may disagree with me but no one is going to find a person that will fit everyone's idea of what Edward looks like. Rob is as good as anyone.

message 16: by Kaiya (new)

Kaiya | 4 comments i don't think rob is all that hot normally but i think he is a good edward. when i read the books i picture rob (though enhanced to look vampirish and thus ten times hotter!)

message 17: by Desirae (new)

Desirae (desiraelovesrob) | 37 comments I liked Rob when he played in Harry Potter, I thought that he was still the most beautiful creature on the face of the earth. :))

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments um yeah he's pretty good looking in the movie, but he is waaaay too tan! lol

message 19: by Karishma (new)

Karishma i totally agree with u.

message 20: by Anna (new)

Anna (akr287) There is no possible way you could ever find a real life human to act as Edward onscreen, but considering there are no inhumanly beautiful vampires around, I think they did a pretty damn good job casting for Edward. I mean have you seen his facial expressions in the trailers? He prepared well for his role and I expect he will be pretty decent.

message 21: by Anna (new)

Anna (akr287) I heard that too! And if anyone doesn't really fit the role it's Kristen Stewart as Bella. I just can't see how they are the same. Maybe physically, but the way she acts isn't how I think of Bella.

message 22: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments exactly,they ARE supposed to be pale,thats why i said "too tan" lol
oh and i agree that Kristen Stewart isint a very good choice for Bella...they need someone alot more klutzy(kind of like me!) lol

message 23: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments oh and Rob proves u can be smart and good looking at the same time, heck isint that what the character of Edward is like?! yup, good actor/character match up! =)

message 24: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 104 comments hm... i'll tell u wut i think of her once i c the movie. XD

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna (akr287) Yea Kristen Stewart doesn't really get into her roles. She seems kind of dead behind the eyes. She's always the same person, just different movie- like Keanu Reeves... it's awkward. But hopefully when I see the movie I'll be pleasantly surprised.

message 26: by Christina (new)

Christina Anna:

Hahaha, oh that made my day. I said the exact same thing about Kristen Stewart when I found out she was going to be Bella. And I never really thought about Keanu Reeves like that. I always figured I didn't like him because he sounded Australian in Dracula, haha. But you may be on to something...

message 27: by Desirae (new)

Desirae (desiraelovesrob) | 37 comments Yeah I think Rob is great. The only reason that people don't think that he is that good to play Edward is because they do have their own image of him. When I found out Rob was playing him I was so exited because I though he looked like the perfect Edward. :) Kristen does seem like she has no life to her. She is dull but when it comes down to it she is a good Bella. :)

message 28: by Anna (new)

Anna (akr287) I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't impressed by Kristen's acting range or lack thereof. For a while there, all my friends were determined to have me see the light (that she was the perfect Bella). But I actually think I persuaded them instead, that she's no Bella.

message 29: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments i agree with the whole Kristen/Bella thing, but like Desirae was saying, each reader will have their own image of what Bella is supposed to look like/be like/act like...and i dont know about anyone else on here, but im not an actress so i cant really dish on Kristen about being a good/bad one...also i think Stephenie Meyer is a good judge of character; if she didnt think that Kristen was right for the part of Bella she never would have let her be cast in the role...thats all im saying. im not trying to ge anyone riled up, im just tryin to see both sides of the subject(kind of like the curent election!) lol =)

message 30: by Christina (new)

Christina Oh, I think Kristen looks like my vision of Bella. Just like Robert looks like my vision of Edward. And though I'm a little nervous, I'm not saying it's impossible for her to pull it off. I actually did enjoy her in what I saw of In The Land of Women. I think she can do it... as long as we don't get too many blank looking stares...

message 31: by Karishma (new)

Karishma At first, I didn't think that Robert was right to play Edward, but I've kinda warmed up to him but Kristen, she's just so lifeless and serious all the time. Maybe in the movie she'll be better in those scenes that are in the movie that haven't been showed.

message 32: by Katie (new)

Katie | 7 comments ha! thats going to be funny/not so funny at the same time...bc i know how much it hurts! lol

message 33: by Megan (new)

Megan (MegRichii) | 4 comments i think she is a great actress and that she is perfect for the role of bella:)

message 34: by Anna (new)

Anna (akr287) Yea they can't show a certain amount of blood or violence if they are trying to keep the rating below R. And I too hated the fact they are awkwardly 'flying' through the air. They didn't get it quite right. They can jump far and high but the harnesses they used for the stunts made it look like they could soar or something.

message 35: by Bakeshow (new)

Bakeshow (bakeshow77) You have to look at the book and the movie as two seperate entities. They have to change some things. We would all love it if they made it an 8 hour movie staying word-for-word true to the book, but they just can't. Just go to the movie knowing that there will be differences. They have to shake some things up to make them translate better on screen. Not everyone has your imagination.

Oh, and I've said it before, I'll say it again: When I found out Rob was playing Edward... my first thought was "HELL YEAH!"

None of the cast look how I imagined when I read the book, but I think the whole cast is going to be amazing! Just sit back and relax- enjoy the movie. No amount of criticism is going to change it now so just be glad they made the movie and embrace it.

message 36: by Yomara (new)

Yomara (ymalcal) Rob is okay.. no hes not perfect 4 the role.. but really who is.. but i do agree, theres just sumthing missing 4rm Rob. But book Edward is AMAZING!!!

message 37: by Janice (new)

Janice (elevenmonths) | 3 comments Bakeshow, you summed it up nicely! I know the movie will not be the exactly the same as the book I am looking forward to see the differences between the two. I will be seeing it saturday morning (I don't think I want to face the crowds on friday night).

Qoute by Bakeshow:
" You have to look at the book and the movie as two seperate entities. They have to change some things. We would all love it if they made it an 8 hour movie staying word-for-word true to the book, but they just can't. Just go to the movie knowing that there will be differences. They have to shake some things up to make them translate better on screen. Not everyone has your imagination.

Oh, and I've said it before, I'll say it again: When I found out Rob was playing Edward... my first thought was "HELL YEAH!"

None of the cast look how I imagined when I read the book, but I think the whole cast is going to be amazing! Just sit back and relax- enjoy the movie. No amount of criticism is going to change it now so just be glad they made the movie and embrace it. "

message 38: by Tazreader (new)

Tazreader (MsTiffyCullen) | 3 comments ROBERT IS SOOOOOOO HOT OME I LOVE HIS HAIR!

message 39: by Bakeshow (new)

Bakeshow (bakeshow77) IT WAS AMAZING! AWESOME!!! And it other words, totally fabulous!!!!

and now it's 2:30 and I work in the morning... Sooooooooooo worth it! Sigh...

message 40: by Janice (new)

Janice (elevenmonths) | 3 comments I loved it!!! Obviously they couldn't put everything that was in the book but the movie was pretty good (despite a few cheesy parts - just my opinion). But I definitely recommend the movie!

message 41: by Allie (last edited Nov 23, 2008 08:10PM) (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 104 comments omgomgomg i LOVED the movie. i think it was as good as the book. now i'm even more obsessed. rob was great. so was taylor as jacob, even tho i hate jacob.

♥☻☺Divya☻☺♥ (divs31) | 3 comments I want to be Alice

♥☻☺Divya☻☺♥ (divs31) | 3 comments I like the movie a lot but i like the book more

message 44: by Desirae (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:39AM) (new)

Desirae (desiraelovesrob) | 37 comments I thought that the movie was amazing too. There were a lot of things that they didn't do right, like a lot of little things but I think that it was the best movie that I have ever seen in my life and I can't wait till New Moon comes out.

message 45: by Celines (new)

Celines (celinesd21) | 1 comments HELL NO!!!!
Rob is FINEEEEE, it's just that
Bella in Twilight pictures him as a GOD
and I'm sorry ladies but no guy
I can think of is my perfect picture for
Edward....'so Rob is just fine,
and in the movie he did a great job
GO ROB!!

message 46: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 104 comments mike? um no. he was good as mike, but def. not edward. i think.

message 47: by Desirae (new)

Desirae (desiraelovesrob) | 37 comments in the book she hit her head on the glass not on the post thing.

message 48: by Desirae (new)

Desirae (desiraelovesrob) | 37 comments Rob is Amazing. he is the best for Edward i think. That dude played a good mike. :)

message 49: by Desirae (new)

Desirae (desiraelovesrob) | 37 comments Like Christina said Rob and Kristen were my Edward and Bella.
i thought that they did an amazing job in the movie.
there was a lot of things that were different though.
i thought that when Bella walked in to the class room for the first time, Rob did an amazing job when he got all scrunched up. It was cute.
:))

message 50: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 104 comments I totally agree!!!!