The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Spoilers Imminent)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by aldenoneil (last edited Aug 08, 2011 02:13PM) (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Saw this over the weekend, then saw this article, about how James Franco supposedly has no work ethic on big movies, but that's beside the point.

I liked the film, but really wanted to see (and thought I was going to see) the film that would take place just after this one's final shot, where the apes begin throwing spears not just at the hoods of people's cars, but through people's chests. I think it was underserved by a PG-13 rating, but they made it work because of Caesar's reluctance to act like an animal. Even so, I was hoping for more impalement and tearing apart of limbs.

message 2: by Colin (new)

Colin | 278 comments (view spoiler)

message 3: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

message 4: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (cbb4autigers) | 96 comments This movie actually exceded my extremely low expectations. There are a lot of issues, but the CGI work was amazing.

message 5: by Pickle (new)

Pickle | 192 comments I thought it was very enjoyable but as the original posters says they should have made apes just that little bit more fierce.

8/10

message 6: by Colin (new)

Colin | 278 comments Probably wasn't as much poo throwing than one would expect from such a movie either. And in that, i was referring to the primate practices, rather than the back-and-forth banter between critics.

message 7: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments At the very least, it piqued my interest for potential sequels.