Fantasy Fiction discussion

Hello there!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:08PM) (new)

Sarah | 2 comments Hi! I've been wanting to join a group of Fantasy and Magic and I finally found one. ^-^ I'm excited! xD

So, I'm new to Goodreads, but since it's not that hard to figure out, I can get around quite easily. Although, I don't know much about groups. Is this group just about magic and fantasy books? What do we do? I would love to chat with some of the members about their views on fantasy novels they have read recently or recommend future books to read.

I have a couple books I have read that I could add to out book shelf that fit the genre. Eragon, Eldest, The Merlin Saga by T.A. Barron, and the Great Tree of Avalon Trilogy are some. [And Harry Potter of Course.:]

Sort of off topic: If anyone is a literate roleplayer [and knows what I am talking about:] I would love to roleplay fantasy sometime.

I would also be interested in making new friends! So if you want to chat, lets chat!

message 2: by Megan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Megan | 2 comments Hi, Sarah.

I'm relatively new to the site, myself, and really ought to settle down and start adding in all my books.

I'm also pleased to meet other people who share my fondness for fantasy books. Have you ever read the Mercedes Lackey books? What about Pern?

I tend to be online late in the evenings ... around now, actually, lol, and I'd be delighted to discuss books with you. Who knows, maybe we'll draw more attention to the group?

Anyhow, welcome to the group, and let me know if you find any good books. :D

message 3: by leila (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

leila | 1 comments Mod
Hi every one ! welcome to fantasi fiction.
Plz ,Add your related books and your comments to this group's.
i would interested to share my opinion with others.
Be HaPPy!

message 4: by Dannii (lilbob1980) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Dannii (lilbob1980) | 1 comments Hi everyone

I'm new to Goodreads but love reading fantasy books. I would love to chat with people about the books i love and hopefully discover other books/authors i hadn't read before.

To see some of the books i have read see my profile http://www.goodreads.com/review/list?... It's up to date (ish)

message 5: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Sarah | 2 comments No, I haven't read any Pern or Lackey books. Are they good?

I'm currently reading the Merlin saga by T.A. Barron. Great story, great fiction :D. Another great series in The Great Tree of Avalon Trilogy also by T.A. Barron. The cool thing is that from the last page of the Merlin saga and the first page of the Tree of Avalon trilogy there is a 1000 yr. span and he's creating another trilogy to fill that gap. :D [both the saga and the trilogy are related.]

I'd suggest reading either series. xD

message 6: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1 comments Hi! New to the group myself.

(Hmm. Is this group really centered in Iran?? Cool!)

The Pern books are excellent, especially the first three Dragon books, and the Dragonsinger series. I also like her *Crystal Singer.*

Mercedes Lackey is very prolific. I suggest you start with *Arrows of the Queen, Arrow's Flight and Arrows Fall.* That would get you into the world of Valdemar.

I've got all of Barron's Merlin books, and the first volume of the Great Tree of Avalon. Sarah, thanks for the word on what he's doing next. Happy reading!