Christian Goodreaders discussion

Christian Fellowship > Hi! Greetings to all

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanda Dien (new)

Vanda Dien | 4 comments Just want to say hello to you guys. I've been here for almost a month but just take this chance to say hello.

i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia...nice to meet you all!

btw, anyone cares to give a headshot for this group? errr it looks head-less hehehe

thanks

message 2: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments I wish everyone in the group a blessed Christmas, with a focus on the gift of Jesus, not the gifts we can buy in the stores! And may 2010 be a wonderful and productive new year for everybody! --Werner

message 3: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 111 comments But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

-- Luke 2:10-11

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?...

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Jon

message 4: by Mary JL (new)

Mary JL (maryjl) | 14 comments Merry Christmas to Everyone!

message 5: by Jon (last edited Dec 25, 2009 04:09AM) (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 111 comments And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?...

message 6: by Chai (new)

Chai (timid) One of my favorites!

message 7: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments Starting at roughly 2:00 p.m. tomorrow, I'll be mostly offline for about three weeks (and don't expect to read much, or at all, during that time, either). Our oldest daughter and her husband will be visiting us from Australia, and bringing our newest grandchild (who'll be a year old on March 29) with them; so we want to spend all the time we possibly can with them. But though I don't expect to be posting, I do hope to at least check my Goodreads updates periodically (so they don't pile up too formidably), and I'll be thinking of you all!

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Belknap | 11 comments Werner wrote: "Starting at roughly 2:00 p.m. tomorrow, I'll be mostly offline for about three weeks (and don't expect to read much, or at all, during that time, either). Our oldest daughter and her husband will b..."

Enjoy family time!

message 9: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments Thank you, Lisa!

message 10: by Manh (new)

Manh Dang (manhdang) | 15 comments Werner wrote: "Starting at roughly 2:00 p.m. tomorrow, I'll be mostly offline for about three weeks (and don't expect to read much, or at all, during that time, either). Our oldest daughter and her husband will b..."
Awesome! Enjoy quality time with your family!

message 11: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments Thanks, Manh!

message 12: by Barton (new)

Barton Jahn Have a great time, Werner.

My older brother was a hippie/surfer for 3 years in Byron Bay, Australia 1971-74. He loves that country. Two of his good friends stayed and live in Lennox and in Byron Bay.

Australia has some of the best surf breaks in the world.

Great place to live.

message 13: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments Thanks, Barton! (Rebekah and her family are here; but still asleep since little Ayla kept them up until about 4:00 in the morning --her sense of time is messed up by the dislocations of the trip. So I was able to get online a few minutes ago; but I'm not sure for how long. :-) )

Not being a surfer, I'll have to take your word for it about the surf breaks. :-) But I can say that it's a beautiful, fascinating country, and Rebekah loves it as a place to live.

message 14: by A.T (new)

A.T | 12 comments Hi, joined yesterday.
Have a blessed day.

-Aud

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello--hope you have a Merry Christmas!

message 16: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments Aud, glad you've joined us! You might want to introduce yourself on this thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... . That's where most group members expect to meet newcomers.

message 17: by A.T (new)

A.T | 12 comments Werner ,Sarah how are you this day?

message 18: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments A.T wrote: "Werner ,Sarah how are you this day?"

I'm doing pretty well, and hope you're the same!

message 19: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments Early tomorrow morning, Barb and I will be leaving for a visit to her side of the family (due to the pandemic, we haven't seen any of these folks since the summer of 2019, so it's a long overdue visit!) in the Shenandoah Valley area of Virginia. (We were going to leave today, but changed our plans --long story.) We expect to return by late Friday afternoon; but I'll be mostly offline in the interim, due to limited Internet access. But I'll look forward to being back this weekend!

message 20: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (janelle5) | 579 comments Have a great trip!

message 21: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments Janelle wrote: "Have a great trip!"

Thanks, Janelle, we did! We were able to visit with a number of family members we don't often see; and we plan a return trip in early August.

message 22: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments My Internet access will be spotty for awhile. The Firefox browser capability on my home computer has been disabled, apparently by a Trojan-horse virus disguised as a normal Firefox update, and I can't get functional browsing screens on the other browsers. The computer will probably have to go into the shop for repairs, and there's no telling how long that may take. So I only have Internet access on my office computer, before work or during lunch breaks. :-(

message 23: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments Sorry I forgot to update my previous message here! Soon after the Firefox app was disabled, I was able to regain Internet access through Microsoft Edge, and so far that's been working perfectly well. PTL!

Just by way of heads-up, on Monday I'll be leaving for another several days of vacation, visiting family, which will keep me offline from Aug. 2 into the afternoon of Friday, Aug. 6. (At least, that's the plan at this point!) I thought I had better explain that now, in case I didn't get a chance to post it later, since this will be a busy weekend for me.

message 24: by Louise (new)

Louise Bélanger | 20 comments Werner wrote: "Sorry I forgot to update my previous message here! Soon after the Firefox app was disabled, I was able to regain Internet access through Microsoft Edge, and so far that's been working perfectly wel..."

Have a good time on vacation and with family.

message 25: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments Thank you, Louise!

message 26: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1896 comments The Goodreads management recently announced that, as of Sept. 1, they're discontinuing a number of features on this site. Most of these are relatively minor, such as our personal Favorite Authors list. But one feature being discontinued is unique to the Goodreads Author profiles, and one which a number of authors use: the Writings page, where we could post samples of our writing (stories, excerpts, etc.) for other Goodreaders to read for free. After Sept. 1, no new writings can be posted, and my understanding is that the existing Writings pages will all be deleted.

There are good reasons why authors, in an online community centered around reading such as this one, might wish to share free content, and why others might enjoy reading it. To provide an alternative venue for this sort of sharing, your moderators invite any of you, who want to, to create a thread in the Authors' folder (here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group... ) for your own writing. You're welcome to copy-and-paste content from your Writings page (while it still exists!), or to add new work. Please just create one thread per person for this purpose! (You may have to split longer writings into more than one comment, because of "character" limits for each comment box.) Also, for those of you who have blogs, you can post creative writing there and link to it in the same folder.