You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Discussion Topic > Book group/club?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, honorary mod - inactive (last edited Oct 10, 2008 10:38AM) (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments So I was thinking (Yes I know, painful!!) Meg has asked what book we are reading next and I thought it would be a good idea to perhaps set up some sort of book club? I'm not really sure how to go about doing this but seeing as we have over 40 members it could be a really good place to start? I know there are other book clubs on goodreads but thought it may be nice to start one with just a few of us?

What do you all think? Would any of you be up for it? Any suggestions?

message 2: by Jenny, honorary mod - inactive (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments Umm nothing I don't think.... someone may disagree? I don't know??

message 3: by Sunnie (new)

Sunnie | 3 comments I think clubs tend to have group discussions on books don't they?

message 4: by Sunnie (new)

Sunnie | 3 comments Didn't make myself clear. I have a friend who belongs to a book group. Each month they choose a book and read it and then discuss it at their next meeting.

message 5: by Jenny, honorary mod - inactive (last edited Oct 07, 2008 04:13AM) (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments Rite well I guess a book group is what I was thinking. I think a book club is when you get that catalogue through the door and buy books from them?

I was hoping to choose one or two books per month and then we discuss those books.

The Book Whisperer (aka Boof) Yep, I'm up for this although I am already a member of a few book groups so I may only be able to cope with one per month. How will we do this? Do we nominate and vote? :O)

message 7: by Jenny, honorary mod - inactive (last edited Oct 07, 2008 05:20AM) (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments That's what I was hoping to do. Yeh I'm thinking I can only manage one per month! But another group on here does 2 to give people more of an option. I think it's a good idea!

First of all I think we should choose a theme for November. The other book group I'm with is obviously doing halloween at the moment, but is there a good theme that we could do for November? Can be anything actually!

Actually I'm going to set up another discussion section on here for the book group! So answer that question there :)

message 8: by Jenny, honorary mod - inactive (last edited Oct 11, 2008 04:14AM) (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments Ah right! To start with 'you'll love this one' was just a group where you could recommend books to one another.

What I've started now is a book club where we read one book a month together and then discuss that book.

Hope this makes sense.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.