Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Double Helix
This topic is about Double Helix
Double Helix Discussion > Book Status (no spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
Where is everyone in the book and what are you thinking so far?

message 2: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I have finished the book and enjoyed it. I thought the beginning was a little slow but then the book sped up! While reading it though I totally new it was a YA book from the start, while a lot of the books that are supposed to be YA that I have been reading lately have had an adult feel to them. So I was pleased with that.

message 3: by HeyT (new)

HeyT I've finished and agree with you on the pacing issue. It was steady throughout most of the book and then that last fourth or so really just hits the on switch.

I enjoyed it although the epilogue laid it on a bit thick in my opinion.

message 4: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anyone else reading along?

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) I'm a total flake this month. I did put this book on my to-read list but I'm not going to have the time to read it this month. I hope that you all enjoy the book & the discussion in this group.

message 6: by HeyT (new)

HeyT That's a shame. I found it to be a quick read. I read it in two sittings.

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) HeyT, Thanks for the info. I'm a rather slow reader, but I'll put it on hold at the library and might be able to fit it in in mid October.

message 8: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

It is actually a really fast read.

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Thanks Angie, I'll try. :-) It should be ready at the library by Thursday I think. Maybe I can read it the next week.

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 13 comments I'm just joined this group and am looking forward to finally reading Double Helix. I've already have, just haven't read it yet. I have to finish Dracula first for another group.

message 11: by mari (new) - rated it 3 stars

mari (maribs) I need to go by the library and pick it up, but I will be reading it.

Stefanie (steffaknits) | 3 comments I just finished it last night. I agree that the farther along I got, the more into it I was. I started it on Friday night. It had nice easy chapters so I kept finding myself saying "oh, just one more chapter". :)

message 13: by mari (new) - rated it 3 stars

mari (maribs) Started it last night. I am now on page 65. It has me hooked.

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) HeyT and Angie,

Thanks for encouraging me to read this. I just read the first 4 chapters/up to page 30 during lunch time, and I'm enjoying it.

message 15: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

It is such a fast read that I figured there is no need to miss the book. And I have so many books to get to this month I didn't think I had time, but I am the discussion leader so I had to squeeze it in. Then I read it and couldn't believe how fast a read it is.

message 16: by Gwen (new)

Gwen (socdownload) I'm still working my way through this book. So far it is a book I could take or leave.

Renee (lalalachey) | 1 comments I read The Double Helix 4 times...I really enjoyed it:)

Heidi (yabibliophile) (hmz1505) | 27 comments I just finished it...I enjoyed it. Obviously a YA read but still good.