Axis Mundi X discussion

Alas

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cyril (new)

Cyril Half my goodreads friends dropped me. Sheila Olson, who was one of my two friends let me go. I would not normally post this except that it appears she has disappeared off of GR altogether. Anyone know what happened to her? I will miss her.

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori Oh crap, yeah she's gone!

*worried*

And someone else dropped me too. Haven't figured out who yet.

message 3: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 1818 comments Mod
I think David is gone.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori What happened to David?

message 5: by Dave (last edited Sep 30, 2008 07:58PM) (new)

Dave Russell Well, at least I know who dropped me this time, and they didn't just drop me. They dropped everybody.

Alas, indeed.

message 6: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

I don't know, but I read somewhere that his profile was gone. And he's not in my Friends list anymore.

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori Huh. I'm hoping with both of them it's a GR snafu, and they'll come back.

Servius  Heiner  | 1980 comments Mod
I don't think it is some mass exodus, maybe a few just scooted off.

or perhaps they have been flagged for abuse.

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori Heh, that's possible with David!

But Sheila? No way. And she just came back from vacation.

message 11: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell A friend of mine had her profile accidentally deleted by GR, but she came back the next day.

message 12: by Noran (new)

Noran Miss Pumkin Gr can delete your profile--read the terms of policy. They blacked out David's picture several times. i so miss him. now i know why my friend number dropped by two now--sheila also. WOW. Has me thinking too. backed up my reviews and writing tonight.

message 13: by Lori (new)

Lori Donald, did David say why? Could it be the current situation in mini am?

god, I hope it was a mistake with Sheila. I was so looking forward to having her back after her vacation. If she is gone, and any of you know her contact info, I'd really love it.

message 14: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell That's weird. Another of my friends has left GR. Is the Rapture upon us?

message 15: by Lori (new)

Lori Someone we all know?

message 16: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell No. She posted maybe once or twice over in True North, but that was it. I don't think she was in AM or MA.

message 17: by Lori (new)

Lori So you've just lost 3, in your battle for 100, all in one day!

It’s time to fortify your flanks, Dave. Stop the bleeding and all that.

message 19: by Xysea (new)

Xysea  (xysea) Wow, it's surprising. And a bummer. I hate when that happens. :(

message 20: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony When you left Gr, Sherri, did you delete your profile?

There are times when I take a day or two off from GR and feel genuinely better. Last spring I was arriving at work and spending an hour in the office answering messages, etc...it was totally fucking me up. I've tried to pull back some since then.

message 21: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Yeah, I think you have a point, Sherri...as I have said in other situations I get bothered when people threaten to leave as if they're waiting for someone to say "Please, don't leave!" I don't have time for that crap and I don't respect people who play those games.

However, I don't think either David or Sheila fall into that category by a long shot. I don't think groups/profiles are supposed to be permanent and consistent...online presences evolve like anything else. There are some boards (e.g. esp. related to music) on which I used to be very active but I hardly post tbere anymore. Like Sherri says, they just didn't fulfill my needs anymore...that's not a criticism of the boards, it was just time for me to leave the party.

message 22: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Yeah, I hear you, Donald...

One thing that surprises me is how personally both others and myself can take things that emerge on GR. I'm working to get past that.

I also left miniam because I didn't feel as if the board was still collaborative and the "going private" mandate didn't fit why I signed up for the board in the first place. Leaving miniam feels right...like a load off my back. I hope miniam does well in the future, but it's no longer a party I'm attending, at least for now.

Time works strangely on GR. A day on GR feels like a long time...like what we talked about in the spring feels like months ago...I try to keep that in mind when conflict emerges...it'll all be fine in a couple days, and things would get boring around here if we never conflicted.

message 23: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
RA... what we talked about in the Spring *was* months ago. : )

message 24: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Years, then:)

message 25: by Xysea (new)

Xysea  (xysea) The whole thing can be intense.

message 26: by Cyril (new)

Cyril The most ironic thing about GR for me is that it is taking time away from reading books.

message 27: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell What's a book?

message 28: by Lori (new)

Lori Bunny!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

message 29: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

Very practical, Bunny. I can see you have your priorities straight. ;)

message 30: by Xysea (new)

Xysea  (xysea) I agree, Bunny. Eating is also a highly overrated act, I'm finding...

message 31: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

As is sleeping.

message 32: by Jackie "the Librarian", Cool Star Trek Nerd (new)

I'm eating RIGHT NOW!

message 33: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) I used to check Goodreads in my dreams.

message 34: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
Goodreads is merely a dream.

message 35: by Misty (new)

Misty i hate it when I'm checking GR in my dreams. I can't read in my dreams, so it ends up being a frustrating, never ending cycle of clicking and checking a different thread, clicking and checking a different group. yuck

It sounds like you all have obsessions that you need to seek help with.

Says the guy that lives on good reads.