Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

help me !!!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ScottK (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:07PM) (new)

ScottK Ok so I think I might be a book buying addict(and I don't really want help).But lets see. If I have already bought all the books on my To Read list, and yet, I still find my lil feet carrying me to Borders at least twice a week does that make me an addict ?

message 2: by Dominique (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:07PM) (new)

Dominique | 1 comments I'd say that makes you a addict. However, I have two bookshelf. One with books I've read and one with books I've bought and need to read. Guess which one is currently overflowing...

message 3: by ScottK (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:07PM) (new)

ScottK Yeah OK uh...a whole seperate bookshelf of TBR books ?!!! I thought I had it bad. :)

message 4: by Doina (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:08PM) (new)

Doina | 58 comments i currently have 84 books on my to read list and i am planning a trip to the bookstore later today, because that's how i relax. as you can see, there are other book addicts that are worse than you are. i am trying to go through my books and gift whatever i don't plan to read again, and even though i downsized my library (i am down to 4 bookcases and 4 plastic storage bins), i still cannot help myself when it comes to buying books.

i love the fact that i got introduced to goodreads because it is easier to keep track of what i need to read and what is on my list to buy. :)

message 5: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:08PM) (new)

Tara | 22 comments I am a complete and total book addict! I think my TBR shelf has close to 100 books on it. I keep coming across books that yank at my curiosity so I have to add them to my shelf. I went to Borders recently to buy 1 book and walked out with 4 (1 of them was a cookbook so I don't know if I should count it). I have 6 books being shipped to me through Doubleday Bookclub. I just don't think I can stop myself from buying books. I wonder if I need to consider going to Books Addicts Anonymous meetings.

"Hi, my name is Tara and I'm a book addict."
"Hi Tara."
"I first became addicted when I was 7 years old. My parents played vocabulary games with me and helped me read through several books over the summer, and I just haven't been able to get enough of books. I even love the smell of the bookstores!"

Yeah, I'm going to find a BAA meeting and start attending.

I agree with Doina, Goodreads is a great way to keep track of books that I have already read and books I want to read. I also think Goodreads is a great place to hear about books that I'm considering reading. I like being able to read another person's review of a book. I have even put books on my to read shelf after reading a review here on Goodreads. I like being able to have that kind of information available.

message 6: by Llama (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:08PM) (new)

Llama Castillo | 34 comments Yeah, addict ... but hey we've all been there. I currently have 90 books (just finished two yesterday) on my 'to read' bookshelf in my room, and last week I bought five books online.
And the last time I went to Borders, I got sucked in on their sidewalk sale, grabbed one biography, two historical fictions and then went inside and grabbed two scifi's as well plus the one book I had planned on buying for a friend. So, yeah we all have our stories ...

message 7: by Ellis (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:09PM) (new)

Ellis | 49 comments Think about it this way--it's better than buying heroine. :)

message 8: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:09PM) (new)

Tess LOL...I agree with Ellis, there are worse thing to be addicted to!!

You guys are making me feel better about my "addiction", though. I "only have" about 30 books at home I haven't read...mwahahahaha!!!