Spreading the Happiness discussion

Hello > Our group is dying....

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie I'm sad to say this group is dying. We have only 13 members and no one has anything to say! It's a little saddening....

Does anyone have any ideas on how to bring us back to life?

message 2: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) no. I feel like being pessimistic right now. sorry, I have to kill one of my favorite characters to drive one character away to new york city.

Anyway! on a happier note, I still do like the group picture!

message 3: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Oh wow ... kill? Well, as long as it works in the story.... XD

Isn't it awesome? I love the saying. I'd love to have a poster of it to put up in my room.

message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Hmm...

HMM...

You are giving me ideas!!!! (and not story ideas...:D)

message 5: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Okay. What ideas?

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hey!
Seth invited me to join--Thanks you Seth!! It might only be temporary, though, I think I am going to have to cut down on some of my groups I'm in when I go back to work on Jan. 19th. But, this does look like a neat group!!
Lots to be happy about!

message 7: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Hi, Leslie. Welcome to the group!

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) Seth invited me, too!

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (ssweaver) Hello! I applaud this group for spreading happiness. I hope I don't come across as too pushy having invited myself to join and all, but my new year's resolution was to lay off the dark and brooding crap and bring some happiness into my life.

message 10: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie No, that's fine. Welcome both of you!

message 11: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Ugh, my friend's going through that brooding crap. He used to be really funny and cool, but now whenever he does tell a joke it's really hurtful, and I don't know about any of his other friends, but I don't like hanging out with him now.

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie That's too bad. Do you think he is depressed? Or did something bad happen that you know about?

message 13: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) *sigh* I invited everyone on my list, because you guys seemed sad (ITS A GROUP ABOUT HAPPINESS!) that there were like no members.

message 14: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) yeah... ditto. I posted in a bunch of topics, noticed that there was no moderator and decided to take up the position (which I'm willing to give back to you, Kenzie, if you want it), and then invited everybody on my friend's list. :D

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) I like being a moderator! its fun!! but I want to create a group right now, but its not working!!

message 16: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie We can share this group, too, Roni, if you'd like. Sometimes I can't get on and would need someone else there.

message 17: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) No, he still converts to his old self whenever it's just he and I, but at school and stuff it's like he's too cool to hang out with me. He told me who his crush was, but I don't think she snuffed him or anything...Yeah, even though I have a crush on him, I can feel bad for him if he got snuffed by somebody else. I'm that nice. :D

message 18: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) That's because you want him to be happy, even though it may not necessarily be with you. Probably the reason you feel this way instead of just plain jelous (or would be happy if he were snuffed) is because you are friends with him.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I just joined so hi!!!!!

message 20: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Hi, Fiona! Welcome to the group!

message 21: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Hmmmm...good point Roni. But I like to think it's because I'm nice. :P

message 22: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Eh, it could be both.

message 23: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) ha ha

message 24: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller keep the happiness alive

*flies around spreading happiness similar to fairy dust!*

message 25: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I will!

And I will keep it flowing! Into the necessary! (should we let them into the joke, mckenzie?

message 26: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller eww.... like, the toiler? GROSS!

message 27: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Have you ever been to Mount Vernon, Paige?

message 28: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller no.... in 2 years my school goes!

message 29: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) oh. Well, there is an outhouse thing there and it is called the Necessary. I don't think that people actually use it though.

message 30: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Yeah, it's what they used to call bathrooms. LOL

Now it's this huge inside joke between Roni, me, Kassy, and Rainy.

'Cause first it was that whole happiness is like peeing, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

And then we learned about the necessary. So ... happiness flows into the necessary. LOL

message 31: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller lol. :D

message 32: by Emma (last edited Jan 17, 2009 02:58PM) (new)

Emma Audsley (emmaaudsley) Kenzie wrote: "I'm sad to say this group is dying. We have only 13 members and no one has anything to say! It's a little saddening....

Does anyone have any ideas on how to bring us back to life?"
Start a revolution! Start an 'Acts of Random Kindness!' list & act on it!

message 33: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Maybe.... hold events? Like, for a week, everyone tries to make one person's life better, and each day we update how we did? Or something... i don't know

message 34: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) We should go to a bunch of random groups, even if we're not in it, and fill it with spam to get them to join our group...

message 35: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller okay... I'll do that!

message 36: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) LOL that would be interesting...

I will let you do that Paige though, because you are in the groups that I'm in.

message 37: by Emma (last edited Jan 18, 2009 04:46AM) (new)

Emma Audsley (emmaaudsley) Try carrying out one act of kindness a day- anonymously! Also you can try leaving a book or two on a park bench or even get some ribbon & tie them to branches on trees, leave a little inscription asking them to enjoy the book & bring it back,perhaps leaving an inscription themselves, to leave for someone else to enjoy! But here's the clincher- ask them to carry out their own act of kindness!(My partner just threw that one in!) That way you could keep track of the impression you've left!!!! :-)

message 38: by Emma (new)

Emma Audsley (emmaaudsley) Paige aka Tink wrote: "Maybe.... hold events? Like, for a week, everyone tries to make one person's life better, and each day we update how we did? Or something... i don't know" That's a great idea!

message 39: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller veRONIca wrote: "LOL that would be interesting...

I will let you do that Paige though, because you are in the groups that I'm in. "

no, I'm not in writing passionates anymore!

message 40: by Emma (new)

Emma Audsley (emmaaudsley) Paige aka Tink wrote: "Maybe.... hold events? Like, for a week, everyone tries to make one person's life better, and each day we update how we did? Or something... i don't know" Another great idea!!!!

message 41: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Paige, why'd you leave Writing Passionates?! *is sad*

message 42: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Yeah, that sounds great! Let's think of something . . .

message 43: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Kenzie wrote: "Paige, why'd you leave Writing Passionates?! *is sad*"

I had too many groups and not enough time, and that one's the oldest so we talk about writing the least and mostly about random stuff.

It wasn't out of spite or anger, I promise! I had to cut back. :(

message 44: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Oh. :( I liked your input, though. *is sadder*

message 45: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Sorry! Maybe, if I feel like i have enough time, I'll come back. **tries to cheer Kenzie up**

message 46: by Kenzie (last edited Jan 18, 2009 04:30PM) (new)

Kenzie *feels a little better, but is still saddened at missing Paige in Writing Passionates* *is very happy that Paige didn't leave Write in 2009*

message 47: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller **reassures Kenzie that she won't leave that one**
**consideres coming back t writing passionates***

Well, maybe...

message 48: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie *smiles at happy thoughts of Paige returning and remaining*

message 49: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller I'm back in the group... planning on staying.

message 50: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) *claps* YAY!!!

« previous 1