College Students! discussion

music, movies, tv, etc. > tv shows of my adolescence

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
What shows did you guys love as kids??

Some of my favorites:

-Clarissa Explains It All
-Hey Dude
- Blossom
- Salute your shorts
-Eureka's Castle
- Are you Afraid of the Dark
- The Adventures of Pete and Pete
-Legends of the Hidden Temple
- All That
-Doug
--Rugrats

message 2: by Katerina (new)

Katerina | 252 comments omg i used to love all of these shows!! especially All That! and the kenan and kel show. WHO LOVES ORANGE SODA? KEL LOVES ORANGE SODA. I DO, I DO, I DOO-OO.

good stuff.
tv back then was so much better for children/preteens.

message 3: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

hahahh omg my boyfriend and i just saw a rerun of the kenan and kel show the other day and he was doing that. it was the episode where he was trying to give up orange soda for a week.

i agree. tv was way better back then!

message 4: by Janet (new)

Janet OMG I miss Nickalodeon (sp?) so much! My favorite was Are You Afraid of the Dark? I used to live for that show. My boyfriend used to have Nick GAS (Games and Sports) and it had all of those sweet games, like Legends of the Hidden Temple and GUTS, with the Agrocrag (sp?). Man, I really miss old TV! :)
But I still love me some Full House! Greatest show ever!! Haha.

message 5: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

DO YOU HAVE IT?..GUTS! haha that's another good one.

oooh full house!! how could I forget??

other good ones..saved by the bell..family matters..growing pains...oh man..the list could go on.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 143 comments i wasn't allowed to watch much tv as a child..so i would always go over to my friends house to watch all of these shows. I thought Clarissa was SOO cool.

message 7: by Janet (new)

Janet Oh man I loved Saved by the Bell! Remember TGIF? With like Step-by-Step, Boy Meets World, Full House, etc! Man, good times.

message 8: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

ahh yes TGIF!! I also loved boy meets world and step by step! my friend has most the seasons of boy meets world so i still watch them!! :)

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 143 comments aww good times. now im getting all nostalgic.

message 10: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (kelseynicole) awl Boy meets World was awsome!! I still watch Fullhouse every now and then!! haha cant escape the child in me.

message 11: by Spencer (new)

Spencer (spencerafreeman) aww what a trip down memory lane... I LOVE all those shows! If they brought them back I would watch them! The original TGIF lineup was the best! I watched almost every episode of boy meets world.. and nickelodeon used to have SO many great shows... *sigh* what happened to them??

message 12: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (kelseynicole) haha technology happened. lmao

message 13: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments Okay, my idol growing up was Topanga from Boy Meets World and I literally would pretend like I was her when I was playing house. And the girl who played Topanga on Boy Meets World came into my store (Barnes and Noble) the other day, and I was way more excited than the average person should be! Haha. Anyway, Full House was awesome. Doug, Clarissa explains it all, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Kenan and Kel, also that one show that was kind of like a SNL for kids...I forget what it's called, but I liked that too...

message 14: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (kelseynicole) hmm wow..walk down memory lane

message 15: by Janet (new)

Janet All That was the SNL for kids, by the way! I would have freaked though if I saw Topanga!! Haha so don't worry, you're not the only one.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

looney tunes sometimes with my brother

message 17: by Spencer (new)

Spencer (spencerafreeman) Looney tunes, yes! anamaniacs and pinky and the brain... the whole WB lineup! Kelsey, I LOVED Topanga... like, obsessed. I was surprised that I never saw her on anything after Boy Meets World- or any of the characters for that reason. I would have flipped if I saw her in person... Did you talk to her?

message 18: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (kelseynicole) okay so not a tv show but a old movie! Drop Dead Fred!! anyone remember that one?! I was just reminded of it! lol i loved that movie. it is hilarious

message 19: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (silverware) | 436 comments Hmmm...Favourite shows? I used to watch Sailor Moon on an Italian channel when I lived in Romania.

Shows I loved when I came to Canada were:
- Are You Afreaid of the Dark?
- Goosebumps
- Hey Arnold (LMAO Footballhead!)
- Doug
- Recess

message 20: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

omg recess!!! that one was GREAT!

message 21: by Janet (new)

Janet OMG!!! Drop Dead Fred is amazing! It's funny because my boyfriend and I talked about it one time and we both watched it all the time when we were kids! I love it!!

message 22: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

i remember that movie!! :)
also..looney toons!! i loved it.

kelsey--im so very jealous that you met topanaga!! :)

message 23: by Ashley (last edited Oct 02, 2008 10:53PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Drop Dead Fread was my sister and I's favorite movie. I actually have the DVD :). It is funny how DDF causes so much trouble.

Doug
Rocko's Modern Life(something like that)
Rugrats
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
The Hidden Temple(game show with the big talking statue head)
Reading Rainbow
and pretty much all the shows Jamime mentioned.

message 24: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments Drop Dead Fred seems like such a random movie, but I completely loved it too! I always begged my mom to rent it!

message 25: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Omg I love all those old Nick shows! and TGIF too of course... In addition to all the great ones listed, I have to add Sabrina the Teenage Witch and 7th Heaven! haha. Sabrina was awesome until like her senior year of high school. That's when I quit watching it. But it used to be sooo good. Clarissa was awesome too though. (I thought I was going to BE Clarissa when I grew up. haha!) And I started watching 7th Heaven like waaaay back in the day and I watched it (off and on.. but mostly on) the whole time it was on! It really started sucking at the end though. The acting was hilariously horrible at times.

message 26: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

ohh man..7th Heaven!! anyone else grow up on Dawson's Creek??

message 27: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) Agreed that Sabrina the Teenage Witch was so good, I've seen like three movies with Melissa Joan Heart in them within the past serveral months and I just have to chuckle. I loved Doug, Scooby Doo, and Boy Meets World. Oh and I loved Dinosaurs which me and my boyfriend ended up renting that about a month ago and decided it wasn't very kid friendly.

My sister and her daughter are obsessed with 7th Heaven and own 7 seasons now.

message 28: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

DINOSAURS!! yes..LOVED that show!

message 29: by Lynn (new)

Lynn One of my good friends loves Dawson's Creek. She has a lot of the seasons so sometimes when I'm over at her house we watch it some. I didn't really get into until like the last season but I do enjoy it.

message 30: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilasbooks) | 31 comments I used to love animals XD

- Flipper
- Lassie

Then I also watched ER and I still do sometimes heh. It's one of the reasons that made me want to study medicine haha XD

message 31: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

oh my gosh..Lassie!! I used to watch that allll the time! haha. and Flipper too..just not as much as Lassie..my grandfather had like 4 collies that looked exactly like Lassie.

message 32: by Bree (new)

Bree (breezybaby) | 144 comments I LOVED Lassie!!
and i always got into Dawson's Creek because my older sister did. I loved Alex Mack as well.

message 33: by Lynn (new)

Lynn This isn't a tv show... but does anyone remember the Beethoven movies? I actually had a sleeping bag that had like a cartoon of Beethoven and all his puppies from Beethoven 2 I think. haha. Oh man, I wish I still had that thing. I haven't seen those movies in years and years but I think in they were my fav in the early-mid 90s

message 34: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilasbooks) | 31 comments I remember beethoven!!! I used to watch them as well when I was a kid and loved them :)

message 35: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

the first Beethoven was the best! the second was ok..but then they just kept coming out with them..and now they are coming out with a new one.it looks lame..which is so sad..because the first 2 were so good!

message 36: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments Dawson's Creek is still one of my favorite tv shows of all time. I have it on DVD and I still watch it! Haha.
But yeah, I loved Beethoven too. I remember watching those all the time when I was a kid.

message 37: by Lynn (new)

Lynn I didn't know there were any after the first two. I remembered it today b/c on facebook, one of the ads on the side was for the new Beethoven movie I guess. I hope it doesn't become like the Land Before Time movies... I remember watching the first one and then all the sudden there were like 16.

message 38: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

oh my! the land before time!! i loved the first one!! everytime i would go to my grandparents i would watch it because i never owned it :)

message 39: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) I loved Beethoven and Land Before Time! The first ones were truly the best!

message 40: by Heather (new)

Heather (andshewontsleep) | 278 comments aww I loved The Land Before Time! That was actually the first movie that I ever saw in a movie theater.

message 41: by Lynn (new)

Lynn I'm pretty sure Beauty and the Beast was my first theatre experience. Does anyone else remember their first in-theatre movie?

message 42: by Janet (new)

Janet I think mine was The Little Mermaid but I am not sure. I used to LOVE that movie, I still do but I don't watch it like everyday like I used to! I remember watching the Home Alone movies a lot and I still watch them whenever they're on! Those are great movies!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked Recess and Pepper Anne. ABC Saturday morning shows...

message 44: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

ooh I loved the Land Before Time.

message 45: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sezza) I have about 6 of the 7,000 Land Before Time videos they made. Ahhh man that's such a great cartoon

message 46: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments Silvia, I used to watch Sailor Moon too! I wanted to be her. lol. I loved the Land Before Time movies! The first one always used to scare me though, I didn't like Sharp Tooth. :-P lol.
Ok, how about these?
Duck Tails (whoo ooo)
Pound Puppies
Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego
Darkwing Duck
Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers
The Magic School Bus!
Bill Nye the Science Guy
Goof Troop
Wishbone
Check out this website, it has all that stuff we remember from our childhoods! http://www.retrojunk.com/

message 47: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments Charlene wrote: "Has anyone ever watched the Schoolhouse Rock videos?"

Yes! I still love those! In fact the other day in class we were discussing conjuctions and functions and at the same moment half the class started singing "Conjunction Junction, what's your function?". It made me laugh, even now as college students we remember those songs.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Chip N Dale rescue Rangers ( i used to watch it in Israel all the time when i was living there it was one of my favorite shows of all time.
Captain Planet
Tom and Jerry

message 49: by April (new)

April (booksandwine) I was obsessed with Sailor Moon, my friends and I created our own scouts and we did a promotional show for the library's manga collection and our friend's mom made us the costumes and everything.
I should be embarrassed by that, but I'm not.
I was really into Daria as well.

message 50: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

omg DARIA!! such a good show!!

« previous 1