Haven Lake discussion

Roleplay: Mount Eyrie > Lookout Point

Comments (showing 1-50 of 204) (204 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Whimsicality, Sunshine for breakfast, glitter for lunch, and souls for dinner. (new)

Whimsicality (onawhim) | 3522 comments Mod
Situated in a safer point than the jutting cliff, the lookout point has a nice view nevertheless, as well as a picnic table and bench. The view of Haven is framed by a multitude of leaves from trees that grow by the shaded area. The hiking trail leads here.

message 2: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (last edited Jul 30, 2011 01:00PM) (new)

Magdalena (Maggie) Nightingale (MagdalenaNightingale) | 836 comments Mod
Shannon dusted off her knees as she reached the top of Mount Eyrie. Smiling, she took in the breathtaking view of the valley. The trees were just starting to turn, giving the valley patches of stunning color, like yellows and reds. Shannon didn't usually get to see a vista like this one, so she drank it in.

The lake looks so small from up here, she thought to herself. As does the mansion. So vulnerable.

message 3: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (TheSignPainter) | 9078 comments Mod
Already seated under the little shaded area, Ariana looked up at the sound of footsteps. She set down her pencil and paper, frowning slightly. She'd never seen that grirl before, and said girl hadn't seemed to notice her quite yet. Deciding it was best to wait and see what would happen next, Ariana turned back down to her canvas.

message 4: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

Shannon slowly turned, noticing as she did a girl, sitting with pencil and paper and leaning against a rock. Smiling slowly, she walked over, trying not to startle her.

((Sorry we jsu got started-- I gotta leave to go to church.$)

message 5: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

((s'alright))
"Hello," murmured Ariana, eyes still set on the paper in front of her.

message 6: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

Shannon tucked a wayward strand of dark hair back behind her ear, sitting down a yard away from Ariana. "What're you drawing?" she asked, peering over at the sketchpad.

message 7: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

"Nothing," Ariana answered, turning over the page with a poorly drawn (in her opinion) fallen leaf.

message 8: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

Shannon nodded. "Sure, nothing." She had caught a glimpse of the beautiful leaf before Ariana had moved it away, however, and caught her breath (figuratively, of course). Was that this girl's power? She'd have to make note of it. Maybe in a bit she'd pull out her notebook and jot down some information on her.

message 9: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

"Honestly, it's nothing," Ariana insisted with a small smile. There was no doubt in her mind that the girl would want to know more about it. But, she'd wait until she asked. No need to bring it up before then.

"I'm Ari."

message 10: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

"Shannon," Shannon said, putting on a warming smile. "Charmed."

She looked again at the sketchbook. "So... mind telling me why you aren't in the National Gallery of Art right now, admiring your work?"

message 11: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

The smile faded. "Because of this."

Ariana opened the book again, to the very same black and white sketch of the leaf. It wouldn't look very nice off the page. She didn't suppose it mattered. Her fingers brushed the page, settling on the stem of the leaf. They seemed to sink into the page ever-so-slightly for a moment and then they slowly pulled the black and white leaf from the surface. It could have been real. . . aside from the fact that it seemed to have had the color drained from it.

message 12: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

Shannon gasped. "Oh my gosh... that's some talent, Ari," she said, her momentary lapse fading into her usual mask of innocence and smiles.

Definitely one to keep an eye on.

message 13: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

Ariana dropped leaf, which fluttered down to the page, settling back into its proper two dimensional form. "I guess."

message 14: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

Shannon smiled. "No, really, that was wonderful," she soothed, placing a cool, light hand on Ari's shoulder.

Give praise. Sympathize. Then give contrast to yourself and your skills, Shannon thought, memorized steps scrolling through her head.

"I could never draw that detailed, that beautifully."

message 15: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments ((Haloo!))

message 16: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

((Heyy.))

message 17: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

Magdalena (Maggie May!) wrote: "Shannon smiled. "No, really, that was wonderful," she soothed, placing a cool, light hand on Ari's shoulder.

Give praise. Sympathize. Then give contrast to yourself and your skills, Shannon th..."

"Thanks," Ariana said, a small smile slipping onto her face. "But… well, never mind. What can you do?"

message 18: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

"Hmm, well, my power isn't as pronounced as yours," Shannon hedged, unwiling to tell. But maybe it would gain Ari's trust. She decided to go for it.

"Well, I can't really make people do things, like others I've met," she started, "Bu I suppose you could say I have excessive charisma. Maybe you could decide not to do what I ask, but you'd really want to help me out. If I told you to weed my garden for me, for example, you could decide to walk away."Shannon didn't add that nearly everyone she'd ever met had done what she asked, stranger or not.

message 19: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

Ariana nodded slowly, furrowing her brow slightly. Interesting. Maybe she should focus a bit more around her. Save herself from any potential mishaps. "Oh. I see."

message 20: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

"So it's not really that big a deal," Shannon finished. Then she brightened. "You don't have to worry about it. But what else can you do with your drawings?"

message 21: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

"I can um... Go into them, I guess you could say," Ariana answered.

message 22: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

"Really? Do you go to the place you sketched, or just into the picture itself?" Shannon asked, curiosity taking over her despite herself.

message 23: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

"Into the picture itself," she said.

message 24: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (last edited Jul 31, 2011 12:18PM) (new)

"That's so neat!" Shannon exclaimed. A very useful power.

message 25: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

Ariana shrugged, cheeks growing warm. "It's nothing."

message 26: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

Shannon didn't reply. Instead, she looked out to the vista around her. It sparkled, unreal to her eyes.

message 27: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

Ariana looked down at her book, and flipped to another page. The picture of the large tree. "I could show you into one, if you'd like."

message 28: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

"You can…you can take me into one?"Shannon asked, awed. She had never expected this.

message 29: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

"Yup. But I should probably mention that you might feel a bit nauseated. I'm not exactly sure why, but it happens," Ariana cautioned.

message 30: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

Shannon nodded. "Okay. I think I can deal with that," she said, hoping she wouldn't throw up all over Ari. She never really had a strong stomach.

message 31: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

"All right. Take my hand," she said, extending her hand.

message 32: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

Shannon nodded, gulping a bit and taking Ariana's hand. "Okay. I'm ready."

message 33: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

Ariana smiled, attempting to reassure her. Her other hand brushed the page of the tree. If Shannon were to blink, she would missed the rush of color swarming around the pair. Very suddenly, they booth stood around a rather tall tree--or rather, several tall trees--whose top wasn't visible in the cloudy sky above.

message 34: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

Shannon craned her neck, swaying a bit as her stomach settled. Swallowing a bad taste, she shaded her eyes from the sunlight filtering through the tall trees.

message 35: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

"You can only go so far before the painting disappears," Ariana explained, looking around at the all-too-familiar scene.

message 36: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

Shannon nodded to say that she'd heard. "This is exquisitely detailed," she said, still looking around her in awe.

message 37: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

"Thanks. It took a while," she said, shrugging.

message 38: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

((I hafta go to dinner now.))

"I can imagine," Shannon said, fingering the realistic bark of a nearby tree.

message 39: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

((okie))

Ariana nodded slightly, unsure of what to do next.

message 40: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

((so what now?))

message 41: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

((I dunno))

message 42: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

((…))

message 43: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

((faaade~))

message 44: by Magdalena (Maggie), Ain't no party like a Dinwiddie party... (new)

((:D))

message 45: by Kat (new)

Kat (SugarAddict) | 2128 comments Bryan's warm fingers were entertwined in Gwyn's as his careful footing lead them up to the magnificent view. The sun was setting, the delicate tendrils of purples and reds streaking across the magestic sky. The egg yolk of the sun was just barely sitting on the horizon, the top peeking out. Night was well approaching, you could tell by the drone of cicadas and the occasional twinkle of a star.

Every now and then he'd look at the girl, wondering how this happened but not regretting anything. He hoped this would be impressive. The sunset was the most beautiful thing he knew at camp, besides the resident next to him.

message 46: by Kat (new)

Kat (SugarAddict) | 2128 comments A mouth opened to say something but no words came out, the corners of of his lips tugging upwards slightly. His hand slipped out of hers quickly, as he carefully removed the pack and set it on the ground. Quickly a blanket was spread on the ground, two glasses and a bottle of wine placed in the middle. Tossing the empty sack to the side, an encouraging glance towards the girl and then his eyes caught on her.

The thin strands of fly away hairs caught in the slight breeze took the color of the warm coal color, the brilliant color of her skin reflecting the dark night and the streaking gold of the dying sun. Goddess like, he was stuck in awe for a moment, staring dumbfoundedly at his luck and love. Sliding down onto his arse, he spread out on the blanket, hands behind his head.

He turned his head to her and beckoned with a temptatious smile.

message 47: by Kat (new)

Kat (SugarAddict) | 2128 comments "Something better." He murmered, eyes wandering from her to the sky, back to her. As if he couldn't make up his mind. Finally they settled on her, and as if he was woken from a dream he sat up slightly abruptly. Steady hands popped a cork, filling the depthy glasses with a dark crimson liquid half way. Offering one to her, Bryan tried to not get caught up in the appearence, his mantra was don't screw up.

But it was so hard not to. Since when was a girl interested in him? He was fine single, but this was something more than just dating.

message 48: by Kat (new)

Kat (SugarAddict) | 2128 comments Cautious eyes followed her every movement, the situation now growing a bit like being alone in sixth grade with your crush. Innocent, sweet yet a tiny bit awkward. Plus the alcholhol, which Bryan took a sip of at this moment. 'No problem' in response seemed to casual, and at that moment he realized he really didn't know this girl.

"If you don't mind," He started, filling the not silent-silent space. "I want to get to know you more."

message 49: by Kat (new)

Kat (SugarAddict) | 2128 comments "I doubt there's anything usual about you. I don't like usual, it's boring. You're not it." Bryan replied, trying to make this moment less awkward. A little part of his mind was curious what her power was, but he still refrained from asking. His eyes flickered to her drumming fingers. The sun was sinking, sight becoming more vague with each minute. The last glimmers of light on the residents made a eery glow of warm, rich colors as darkness set upon the east and the twinkle of stars occupied the absence of the sun.

A warm smile echoing the sun's descent poked up on the edges of his lips encouragingly. To answer her question he answered: "What's the most important thing I should know?"

message 50: by Kat (new)

Kat (SugarAddict) | 2128 comments A small nod of understanding came from Bryan as he processed the information thoughtfully. Glad that a conversation was now taking place, he allowed himself a sip of wine before replying. It took him a moment to think of something important. Or rather something important that would ruin the mood, or ruin the chances of a mood.

"I'm from England," He began, which was obvious with his charming accent. "And I'm allergic to strawberries." The only thing he was allergic to, actually. Carefully in his head he noted how many stupid things he had said so far, the count was two. Also recording the information, reminding himself never to buy roses for Ella.

« previous 1 3 4 5

unread topics | mark unread