Haven Lake discussion

Roleplay: Haven Home > The Music Room

Comments (showing 1-50 of 237) (237 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Whimsicality, Sunshine for breakfast, glitter for lunch, and souls for dinner. (last edited Aug 01, 2011 07:41PM) (new)

Whimsicality (onawhim) | 3522 comments Mod
A lovely room with walls of pale blue trimmed with gold, the music room is filled with many different instruments and sheet music. Unfortunately, the instruments can not be taken out of the room unless a form hanging by the door is filled out. A harp and other stringed instruments, grand piano, and various brass, woodwind, and percussion instruments are in this room of large proportions. It is also soundproof.

message 2: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (TheSignPainter) | 9078 comments Mod
Whimsicality wrote: "A lovely room with walls of pale blue trimmed with gold, the music room is filled with many different instruments and sheet music. Unfortunately, the instruments can not be taken out of the room un..."

((No strings? lolz.))

message 3: by Jo, Unwilling Concertmaster (new)

Jo (Penname8) | 3172 comments Mod
Martina was the only one in the vast heaven of instruments: the Music Room.
She instantly ran in, placed her viola down and took it out. Oh, the sheets! She quickly ran over to see the choices. She was loving them, except for the irritating fact there were ten times more sheets for violin. She scoffed at hose and took a Bunin piece and placed it beside her instrument.

Now for the music stand. She usually hated metal music stand because they were very pliable and rusted ((you should see mine--it's so beaten up and rusted and old)) but she chose the newest one. Now she set the sheets (these were various), pcked her viola and bow, placed her bow on the chords and started to play the melody.

message 4: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (last edited Jul 31, 2011 12:24PM) (new)

((... most good metal music stands are actually really good, so yeah. And the majority of all music stands are metal. . .))

The door of the music room had been open a crack, allowing a rich melody to float out of the room and melting into the ears of those passing by. One of said people just so happened to be Nathanial, who had been wandering yet again, and he paused right outside the room, peeking into the cracks of the doorway.

message 5: by Jo, Unwilling Concertmaster (new)

((No strings? Darn!))

The piece had begun to be tricky. Martina had to pause and pratice some scales and positions first ((I hate to do this, but it's necessary,)) when she noticed and echo far away...of her own music! The door must've been somewhat open, therefore letting her music spill outside and letting it echo.

She hurried towards the door when she wide-eyed, peered outside. A blond boy was right outside.

message 6: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

((Assume that here are, since there's pretty much every other instrument int the room. xD))

"Well hello."

Nathanial smiled slightly, giving her a reassuring look. "You play beautifully," he continued, placing his hands into his pockets.

message 7: by Jo, Unwilling Concertmaster (new)

Martina felt inmediately flattered by the compliment. She had placed a lot of effort into practicing even when she didn't feel like it, but she simply said, "Thank you."

Oh, crap. She could feel her face blush unawares.

message 8: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

"Of course. How long have you been playing?" He asked casually.

message 9: by Jo, Unwilling Concertmaster (new)

"Ever since I was around...four." ((I know someone who has played instruments since she was two.)) "But they canceled my lessons when I was thirteen. I've taught myself ever since," she said honestly.

message 10: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

((same. . .))

"Interesting," Nathanial continued. "May I come in?"

message 11: by Jo, Unwilling Concertmaster (new)

Martina realized she has been blocking him. "Oh, right. Sure," she said, then let him in quite quickly. "You play anything?"

message 12: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

Nathanial stepped in, and closed the door behind him. "Violin and piano."

message 13: by Whimsicality, Sunshine for breakfast, glitter for lunch, and souls for dinner. (last edited Jul 31, 2011 02:25PM) (new)

Iviana (The Sign Painter!) wrote: "No strings? loz.

[Scuse me, I was tired and brain dead and strings kind of suck. :) No offense meant. 'Tis the truth.]

message 14: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

((tis fine. :) ))

message 15: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments The door opened softly and Moses came in, holding what looked like a deerskin recorder sleeve.

message 16: by Jo, Unwilling Concertmaster (new)

Violin and piano.
She nearly frowned in anger. When she was at her horrible boarding schools, some violinist girls had stuff her old viola with tooth paste and stuck a note that said: GET A VIOLIN.
Since then Martina had a slight prejudice against violinist.

But she quickly recovered by smiling and saying, "You play two? I only play piano as a complementary instrument; I've honestly never focused on it."

Martina quickly turned and acknowledged Moses. "Hey."

message 17: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments "Hi. Um, would it be bothering anyone if I practiced? 'Cause I guess I could play in my room."

message 18: by Jo, Unwilling Concertmaster (new)

"Sure," she assured, as she motioned to the instruments. "Pick what you like."

message 19: by Thera (last edited Aug 07, 2011 12:34PM) (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments "I got my own." Moses pulled a shiny gold-colored penny whistle from the deerskin sleeve. One of the last things he'd brought from home. A piece of his old life's jigsaw puzzle.

message 20: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments *Thera* I've got a brand new haircut... wrote: ""I got my own." Moses pulled a shiny gold-colored penny whistle from the deerskin sleeve. One of the last things he'd brought from home. A piece of his old life's jigsaw puzzle."

message 21: by Whimsicality, Sunshine for breakfast, glitter for lunch, and souls for dinner. (new)

Thera, she would answer if she was on. e_e We can all see your post, you don't need to repeat yourself.

message 22: by Jo, Unwilling Concertmaster (new)

"Wow," Martina admired. "It looks...interesting." She turned to Nathaniel. "If you wanted me to play..."

message 23: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments Moses nodded. "Thanks."

message 24: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), little miss world of goo (new)

Jo wrote: ""Wow," Martina admired. "It looks...interesting." She turned to Nathaniel. "If you wanted me to play...""

"I don't mind," he answered with a shrug.

message 25: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments Moses trilled a few notes. "Still in good order," he muttered.

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Celia walked into the room and looked around.

message 27: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments Alayna and Ethan followed, and their eyes instantly landed on Moses.

message 28: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Celia glanced from Alayna and Ethan, to Moses. "Is that one of your friends?" She asked quietly.

message 29: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments Alayna grinned widely, and nodded. "Death whistle!"

Moses turned around, pocketed his flute, and grinned. "What in the world are you two here for?"

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Celia blushed when she saw how cute Moses was. Just leave, and let them be, she said to herself, about to turn and leave.

message 31: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments Alayna turned back to Celia as Ethan and Moses bear-hugged. "Celia, This is Moses. He's the youngest member of our little group."

message 32: by Lauren (new)

Lauren ((How old are Alayna and Ethan?))

Celia nodded and smiled at Moses. "Hi, I'm Celia," she said to Moses. A few music notebooks began to rise, her power was getting out of control again. Why now? She complained her head.

message 33: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments ((17 and 15. Alayna's onlder.))

Moses nodded. "I've seen you around a couple times, I think." He smiled.

message 34: by Lauren (new)

Lauren ((Oh, okay.))

"Really? I haven't seen you...At least I don't think so," she flicked her finger and the books slowly set down except for one which started flying towards Moses. Oh no!

message 35: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments Moses' eyes widened, and he held out his hand suddenly, which began to glow with raw power. The minute the textbook hit, it burst into flames and fell in ashes to the floor.

Alayna raised her eyebrows. "Woa."

message 36: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Celia put her hands behind her back and glanced away. "Sorry...I should probably go."

message 37: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments "No, it's cool," Moses went a little red. "It was a reflex."

Alayna shook her head. "Think you can show Ethan and I around a little more, Celia? It seems Moses was in the middle of something."

message 38: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Celia looked back at Moses and blushed red. "Alright, we can, um...go to the the games room, or the library."

message 39: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments "Either sounds good," Alayna replied. "See you at dinner, Mo."

Moses nodded.

message 40: by Lauren (last edited Aug 13, 2011 02:56PM) (new)

Lauren Celia walked out of the music room and sighed with relieve. Glad that's over....

((So which one?))

message 41: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments ((library))

message 42: by Lauren (new)

Lauren ((Okay. Can you post first?))

message 43: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments ((kk))

Alayna and Ethan followed Celia out as Moses started playing again.

message 44: by Jo, Unwilling Concertmaster (new)

Iviana (The Sign Painter!) wrote: "Jo wrote: ""Wow," Martina admired. "It looks...interesting." She turned to Nathaniel. "If you wanted me to play...""

"I don't mind," he answered with a shrug."

Martina quickly grabbed her viola carefully and played a few notes of the piece she had been playing before she ran away. Her vibrato was a little rusty and stiff, but not that much. The melody was slow and grave, but still solemnly quiet.

message 45: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments Moses stopped playing for a moment to listen.

message 46: by Jo, Unwilling Concertmaster (new)

[Thera...please use a little more description.]

Martina was quickly aware of Moses' prescence but her hand accidentally slipped an octave lower than she expected. She regained her ground by playing three long notes (her stupidest trick if she ever messed up) then going up the right octave. Finally, she reached the end of it quite gracefully and readilty apologized for the mistake.

message 47: by Thera (last edited Aug 14, 2011 05:37PM) (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments Moses nodded. "In my opinion, you were actually pretty good." He paused. "You're about as good on the violin as- no, forget I said that." Moses reddened and trilled another quick stanaza on the penny whistle.

message 48: by Jo, Unwilling Concertmaster (new)

Violin.

Martina had learned to control her fiery temper but she could not help a slight wince at it.
"Thanks," she said, forcing herself to blush.

message 49: by Thera (new)

Thera (therjolras) | 5311 comments ((Viola? SO my bad.))

message 50: by Jo, Unwilling Concertmaster (new)

((No matter.))

« previous 1 3 4 5

unread topics | mark unread