TV We've Just Watched discussion

Reality TV > Amazing Race

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie I searched the topics twice and can't believe a thread hasn't been started on this show yet! Anyone else watch?

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Yeah. I like this show. It's too early to comment yet on the teams. I was surprized that they had that climb down the side of the building on the first episode. And no surprize that the hippies came in last.

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 35 comments I love this show. It's the only "reality" show I watch. But I hate never knowing what time it will be on since it depends on how the football games are going.

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I love this show too. More people should tune in. Very fun to watch people deal with real life travel scenarios and fend for themselves in many countries. I also like learning about the different places, and seeing the challenges that are tied into the culture. Great show!

message 5: by Becca (new)

Becca (becca2) | 50 comments Love this show! I, too, was surprised that they had to climb down the side of the building on the first episode even though I had read an article in TV Guide where the director had said that this season was going to be the most intense one. He said that if the competitors thought they had it all figured out because they had been long-term viewers, they were wrong.

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie I did not want those two guys to go home this last week. I really like them and was so bummed when they messed up the task!

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Me too. They made a careless mistake. I do not like Terrence and Sarah. My husband and I are currently rooting for the mom/son team.

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Are the challenges getting boring or is it just me? Painting cars, pumping gas...yawn!

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments What was up with the colored dust being thrown around. I had an asthma attack just watching. Ugh!!

message 10: by Angie (new)

Angie That was terrible what was happening to that girl who couldn't find the right card. I thought that was kinda a mean task.

message 11: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 35 comments Did anyone watch last night's episode? Watching Dan & Andrew with the Russian soldiers was hysterically funny! And wow, those 50 pound bags of flour. Even the big strong men were having a tough time. I was wondering if a weaker team member would have to do that detour (or road block??? I can't keep those straight) due to each team member having to do a certain # of tasks.

message 12: by Angie (new)

Angie Dan and Andrew weren't even trying. I want them to go! I thought that 50 pound bag was an awful task. There is NO WAY I couldn't done that.

message 13: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Dan and Andrew are comic relief. It will get much more intense when they are gone. I like to laugh and they are so goofy.

message 14: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 35 comments I have to compliment Dan & Andrew, though, when they finally gave up on the marching & went to serve the soldiers their soup. Even though they knew they were last, they took the time to joke with the soldiers and didn't just slop the soup all over. Dan & Andrew actually seemed to be enjoying the work & each other, which we haven't seen much before.

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I can't believe that Dan and Andrew made it to the final three.

message 16: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 35 comments I'm so bummed to see the mother and son go. And sad that the season is almost over. Is there going to be a new Amazing Race in the spring?

message 17: by Angie (new)

Angie Usually there is a new Race in the Spring. I am also sad to see the mom and son go... everything just seemed against them!

message 18: by Angie (new)

Angie I read that the show will be returning on February 15th!

message 19: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 35 comments Thanks, Angie. I'm glad there is a definite date!

message 20: by Angie (new)

Angie This comes back this Sunday!

message 21: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Is it this Sunday? I'll have to program that in to the TV. Thanks for the info Angie.

message 22: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) Yup! So excited...comes back sunday!

message 23: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Anyone watching??? Germany is sure pretty country. Bungie jumping, hang gliding..much better challenges!! The cheese carrying was soooo funny to watch. I don't have any favorite teams yet.

message 24: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) I loved the cheese challenge. It was great especially to watch the two sisters fall. The athletes, it was hilarious. I have a favorite team, Margie and Luke. I love them. But that is probably becasue every week I volenteer two days at a home for the deaf. But I love them. I was sad to see the team this week go home. It ws obvious that they loved each other, and that they loved the race, I thought it was cool. I don't have any teams I can't stand yet. But the Blond flight attendants are getting there.

message 25: by Angie (new)

Angie I love this season! I guess I wasn't too sad about the team that went home this week.... The lady was kinda annoying. But my favorite team is Margie and Luke also. I think it is because I also want Luke to show that deaf people can do the same things as anyone else.

message 26: by ReneeB (new)

ReneeB I love this show. I laughed so hard at the cheese flying down the hill! The views of Germany made me want to board a plane and head there. Just gorgeous. I'm looking forward to an exciting season.

message 27: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) I was waiting for someone to say, "Oh well!" and just roll the cheese down the hill. Maybe that was against the rules? Seems like it would be the quickest and easiest way to me!

message 28: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) Luann...me too. But, I think that if they did that it could have gone to far nad wayyyy of course, so I can understnad why they didn't.

message 29: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 35 comments I read somewhere that they were not allowed to purposely roll the cheese down the hill, but when the carriers all started breaking, the producers allowed those cheeses that "accidentally" rolled down the hill to not be penalized. Andrew, I think you are right--some of the cheese looked like they landed far away from the right place.

message 30: by Angie (new)

Angie The carriers barley stayed together. I don't think one carrier did. That would've annoyed me.

message 31: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) I think the older couple stayed togehter. They didn't fall once.

message 32: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) They didn't show them much because they weren't as humorous to watch as the others. :)

message 33: by Angie (new)

Angie What is going on with the brother sister team? She is like scared to stand up for herself to him. He is constantly making decisions like that is what the man does... and then he is crying like a baby. And he didn't once apologize. Slap him!

message 34: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I'm with you Angie! The brother is a bully and he has a problem in thinking that he is always right. I hope that the sister begins to stand up for herself..I wonder how brother will deal with that.

message 35: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) Me too! I hope she figures out a way to be all up in his face and tell him to listen to her because shes right.

message 36: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments So what did people think of the U Turn?? Where you surprised? I think differently about the Mom and son team now. There was no reason for them to UTurn anyone.

message 37: by Angie (new)

Angie Yea that UTurn was weird. I mean out of nowhere. Were they confused like they had to use the UTurn?

message 38: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I think that they did know because they said that it's just part of the game. I think there is going to be some fallout next week about it as other teams try and figure out who did the UTurn.

message 39: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) The U-Turn was an interesting twist since it was anonymous. If I were them, I would keep very quiet about being the ones who had used the U-Turn. But from the previews it looks like they tell some of the others.

message 40: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Well there was no fallout for the UTurn. I'm surprised that everyone took that so well. Teams are beginning to trust each other less and less. I guess they have accepted that dirty deeds are done and you just move on.

message 41: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments When Margie and Luke UTurned the other team, they said they did it to give their buddies the cheerleaders an advantage.

I couldn't believe they made those people run in their underwear in -4C temperatures in Siberia!!! I kept thinking, "What if someone comes down with pneumonia?!!!"

message 42: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I didn't like that challenge!! I felt that it was exploitive and just done for TV ratings..what was the point otherwise? It wasn't a Russian thing..the Russians weren't running in their underwear.

message 43: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 35 comments I agree it was just done for ratings, but it was worth it to see Phil in his underwear! lol

message 44: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) Creepres....lol. They used the Uturn to help the cheerleader. And I totally give them props for using it.

message 45: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments India was a really depressing place..so much poverty.
I love that the dad and son team did so well feeding and watering the camels.

message 46: by Angie (new)

Angie I also loved the dad and son team on the camels. I thought for sure they were going to lose that! This season there isn't a team I clearly hate!

message 47: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments I feel the same way. So far there isn't a team I would really hate to see win. Of course as the field narrows, I suspect the meanness will emerge somewhere and I'll end up with a favorite and at least one team I don't want to see arrive at the finish line first!

message 48: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments The dad and son went home. I liked them. They always made the best of everything. And they became closer for doing the race. That's what I really like about the amazing race..how people come together and really connect with one another. I'm always touched.

message 49: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments The road block was very strange!! Giving people false teeth??? And what was up with singing in the van? What was the point?
Oh well, the stunt men are really messing up. If there is something wrong to do they are all about it. Too funny. It will be tough for them to make up 4 hours and do an extra task.

message 50: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 35 comments I don't understand why the rules allow asking for a free taxi ride, but partially paying/bartering for the taxis resulted in a 4 hour penalty. Ethically, is it better to totally stiff the driver or pay some cash & give the driver a personal item? I'm not a fan of the brothers, but these rules make no sense to me! I really hate seeing Americans begging for anything in these poor countries!

« previous 1 3