Chicks On Lit discussion

2 free review copies of my new novel

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate | 96 comments Hi CoLs,

I have 2 free review copies of my new novel, FOR THE MAY QUEEN, that I'd like to offer to members of my favorite goodreads group (that means you).

The only thing I ask is that you write a review for Goodreads by the end of the year--your honest opinion, no strings attached.

If you'd like to first see if the novel is your cup of tea (e.g., it has some explicit sex and drug use), you can check out a few reviews on the book's goodreads site.

You are also welcome to read the first chapter here:

www.forthemayqueen.blogspot.com.

For more about me, here's my blog:
http://www.beingandwriting.blogspot.com

I'm a California writer, and I teach at San Jose State University.

If you are interested, please message me. If I get more than 2 requests by Wednesday, I'll choose by raffle.

cheers,
Kate

message 2: by Holli (last edited Sep 28, 2008 05:39PM) (new)

Holli I'll read it Kate.....it honestly sounds good and like my kinda book. I love gritty raw stuff regarding the human psyche and how it deals with the crap thrown its way!!

By the way...I'm from Fresno so very familiar with San Jose. I truly miss California immensely!!

message 3: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments This sounds right up my alley....I would love to read it....

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate | 96 comments I had a big response so I'm sending 4 books to Chicks on Lit readers but having to cut off the offer now.

cheers,

Kate

message 5: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments The downside of checking this forum only twice a day....looking forward to the reviews...anyone want to send their copies on?

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli I will Cyn.... ;)

message 7: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments muwah........share the wealth..I love it

message 8: by Holli (new)

Holli No prob Cyn!! I may need you to remind that you want it though LOL

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Sounds interesting! If someone wants to pass theirs along to me, please message me so I can get you my address!

message 10: by Therese (new)

Therese | 60 comments Cyn-can I have it after you?

message 11: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments sure.....there are going to be many many reviews on here by the end of hte year!

message 12: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments I can send it out too!!!!

message 13: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneyh) I also will be recieving a copy, and would be happy to pass it on...

message 14: by Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (last edited Oct 01, 2008 01:21PM) (new)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Oh dear, I hope I didn't get caught up in the enthusiasm here & I really don't want to offend anyone, but, this isn't a case of an author joining purely to self promote & one who hasn't been actually active in our group, is it?! If this isn't the case, great! If it is, I encourage Kate to get to know us & interact with us!

(Remember, we just had this happen not long ago with the author who was promoting her halloween themed book & some of us were a bit put off by that!)

...Getting off the soap box now!

message 15: by Holli (new)

Holli No Jo.....Kate isn't one of those!! :)

message 16: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments Well...I don't even try to think I know all of our 435 members, or whatever the count is up to now, but a free book is a free book...

message 17: by Holli (new)

Holli Kate has posted some things in other discussions and that's why I responded to her offer. Plus her book sounds really good ;)

message 18: by Kate (new)

Kate | 96 comments Hi Jo & all,

I appreciate your concern, Jo, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I'm a huge Goodreads fan all around and have really been enjoying this group in particular.

I thought that my book was of special appeal to women, so I figured there would be some women here jazzed to get a free copy. Of course I want to spread the word, but I made it clear there are no strings attached. I'm certainly taking the risk that someone won't like the book and post a bad review. Or none, which is fine.

Thanks all. Books rock!

Kate

message 19: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneyh) I think Kate handled this the way we want authors to handle it. She's an active member of our group. She's not just trying to add us all as friends or suggest we add her book to our lists, etc. She came on here, offered up a few copies of her book, and she's still an active member of the group. So hooray for Kate! Can't wait to get the book, and I'll be happy to pass it along when I'm done reading it. :-)

message 20: by Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (last edited Oct 02, 2008 07:34AM) (new)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Kate you didn't come off that way at all! I hope I didn't offend you or anyone else! (And I apologize if I did!) I just wanted to be sure is all! (I thought perhaps I'd jumped the gun again like I did with the author who posted about her Halloween themed book that caused a strong reaction not too long ago!!!)

I sincerely wish you all the best with your books and hope that someone here passes it along to me!!! (Hint, hint! Sydney or Holli!!!)

message 21: by Holli (new)

Holli I've already promised mine to Cyn.....sorry!! :)

message 22: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments ..but Cyn can send it on to someone.... (see, you did remember!)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Ooo me! How 'bout me Cyn?!?! (Maybe I should try decaf!)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Kate, I just checked out your blog and will be adding it to my own blog roll next time I sign in!

message 25: by Kate (new)

Kate | 96 comments Thanks all for the love! Jo, I'm glad you spoke your feelings or concerns. No offense taken, truly. Not to belabor the point, but my publisher tried to get several of my books in the facebook giveaway but there was some glitch so it never happened. That's partly why I wanted to find another way to get books to some goodreads folks. Of course I'd love to make people aware of my book, but I'm not asking for anything in return except of course I'd love people spreading the word if they like the book. If they think it sucks, well...warn people! :)~