I Love Jesus Christ and am proud to say so... discussion

What's your favorite book of the Bible?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily (4everem) | 12 comments Mod
I find the book I constantly enjoy in the Bible is the Psalms. They are so poetic and beautiful. I love them! I'm really liking 1 Corinthians too. It's hard to choose a favorite, but those are two I'm enjoying especially right now. Phillipians is great too! What do you guys think?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm...I'm currently reading through Isaiah in my devotions. It's a little confusing, but very thought-provoking as well!

message 3: by BookDigger (new)

BookDigger | 10 comments Lately I've been reading Romans and Phillipians. Not that those are necessarily my favorites, I just believe God is calling me to read and understand certain ideas and scriptures from those books.

message 4: by Clara (new)

Clara | 4 comments I like the book of Isaiah. It clearly talks about Jesus' coming in from the old to the new testament.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily (4everem) | 12 comments Mod
I haven't really experienced an in-depth study of Isaiah, but hearing all of your comments about it makes me curious. It sounds interesting and intriguing! I'm reading a devotional by Max Lucado right now that is incredibly uplifting. It has a shorter verse for each devotional, but for such simplistic verses, they keep me going each day. I think my favorite part of 1 Corinthians is chapter 13. :) Is there a specific chapter in the Bible that constantly grabs your attention or teaches you something new each time you read it?

message 6: by Delphanie (new)

Delphanie (delphaniew) Proverbs is definitely it... it's just sooo filled with wisdom, that just makes me love it so much! I love having a Proverb of the day each day:-)

message 7: by BookDigger (new)

BookDigger | 10 comments One day I felt inspired to read Revelations. I'd never read anything more than a few verses for Sunday services, etc. As I was reading, it was truly inspiring. I don't know how to explain the peace and comfort that washed over me. We have the end written out for us, yet the end is so undetermined. What I mean by that is, we can't fully grasp the ending until it is the end. I am just so excited. I have heard so many Christians talk about how joyous Heaven must be and how they can't wait and I didn't fully understand that joy until I read Revelations a couple times.

message 8: by Whitney :) (new)

Whitney :) (wvn1998) I don't really know. They all are good!

message 9: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 4 comments I personally love Genesis and the Gospel of Judas

message 10: by Whitney :) (new)

Whitney :) (wvn1998) yep those are good! right now in church our paster is telling us about the book of acts. its actually really interesting. that may be my favorite. but when he preaches about a different one, that one will be my favorite. so my favorite is whatever my pastor is preaching about! :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Pslams. And I love the four Gospels. They tell you more about Jesus' life.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd have to say Genesis and Revelations are my fave. But, whenever I need guidance, I usually end up in Mark or Psalms.

message 13: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly McRae | 3 comments Picking a favorite book of the Bible is difficult to do. In the New Testament: I love to read the four gospels. In the Old Testament: I would pick the book of Isaiah.

message 14: by Jipson Lawrance (new)

Jipson Lawrance | 3 comments My Favorite Book on the Bible is Ecclesiastic and Proverb because its give the many morel valuable messages for human being, so i want to say that "without read these books, Bible reading is incomplete in the life of a christian"

message 15: by Jipson Lawrance (new)

Jipson Lawrance | 3 comments And all the 66 books are important for a man, 39 Old Testament books and 27 New Testament Books. "Bible only the one book which man cannot complete the study with in a life time" But still one who try to study the BIBLE, they are become very closer to the God and they are become very Good morel valuable person

message 16: by Jipson Lawrance (new)

Jipson Lawrance | 3 comments I like to study all things in the Bible. Like Theology (
NT, OT, Pauline etc), Bibliology,Eschatology,Hamartiology, Pnuemetology, like all other branches of studies in Theology. its a vast and Most interesting subject in this world.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Deuteronomy. But really, I love the bible. Each time I read a book, I get a different thought out of it; a different meaning, a different something out of it...it's just wonderful that way!! God bless you all!