Harry Potter discussion

Personal Preferences > marauder's map or invisibility cloak?`

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anj_bookster (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:06PM) (new)

Anj_bookster alcala | 22 comments invisibility cloak- it has been very very useful to harry since the beginning to the end of the story..

message 2: by Cindy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:06PM) (new)

Cindy (supercin721) | 26 comments How many times have you wanted to be a fly on the wall? The invisibility cloak all the way.

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:06PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I want both the invisibilty cloak and the maruader's map. They are both useful.

message 4: by Collin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:06PM) (new)

Collin | 2 comments The invisibility cloak would be the most useful. Since for the most part you wouldn't need to know if someone is approaching if you could just walk past them unnoticed anyway.

message 5: by Steph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:06PM) (new)

Steph (kitsune_chan) | 47 comments i'd rather have the marauder's map, hands down if you knew where everything was and everyone, you could easily hide or scare them. and all those secret passages!

message 6: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:08PM) (new)

Tara | 83 comments Both would come in very handy for me right now, but I think the invisibility cloak would be a little more useful within the next couple weeks.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 15, 2007 11:25AM) (new)

The invisiblility cloak-- I want to know how the people I work with really talk about me when I'm not around . . . at least I think I want to know that . . .

message 8: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:08PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I'd want the invisibility cloak because you could use it after going to Hogwarts. I mean, yes, Mrs. Weasley would probably use the map to keep an eye on her kids so she would know what they where doing, but I'd want the cloak. ;)

message 9: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Kenzie I agree with Meghan, at school I would choose the map but at home, the cloak.

message 10: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Ashley (samuraigurl91) | 106 comments yeah i agree with Meghan too.

message 11: by Lalita (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Lalita I'd go with the Invisibility Cloak.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with McKenzie, the map in school and in the home the invisibility cloak.

message 13: by Isabel Jazmín (new)

Isabel Jazmín | 3 comments Invisibility cloak it's ok, but I rather choose the marauder's map so I can know where is everbody

message 14: by Zoab (new)

Zoab Kapoor I agree with McKenzie too. Besides, I would rithar keep something that was mine by right (the cloak) than somebody else's stuff (the map). The map should belong to Lupin.

message 15: by Tess (new)

Tess | 134 comments Invisiblility cloak. You can just find the person. Plus you can use the invisibility cloak anywhere. The map can only be used at hogwarts so when you graduate, byebye.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

invisibility cloak...? I guess, but I would love to know where everyone was. But actually, if the cloak worked for me like it did for Harry, then no doubt about the cloak.

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel well, since i don't sneak around in overly crowded places.....i would definitely take the invisibility cloak.

message 18: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (ioanasaunt) | 63 comments Invisibility cloak - The Marauder's Map can only be used in Hogwarts. Invisibility Cloak is for everywhere. Besides, it's one of the gifts of Death in the Tale of the Three Brothers - and probably the most sought after item.

message 19: by Hannah (last edited Jun 25, 2009 05:26PM) (new)

Hannah Ashworth (hannahashworth) Invisibility Cloak

message 20: by Novin, whose favortie character is Sirius Black. (new)

Novin | 575 comments Mod
The Invisibility Cloak is for sure much more useful.

message 21: by Swati (new)

Swati  (readerforevergmailcom) | 333 comments Novin wrote: "The Invisibility Cloak is for sure much more useful.
"

Definitely. i.e, PRANKS!

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (ChintoTheExperiment) I'd have to say the Marauder's Map since knowing me I won't really like to sneak around...except making people trip would be fun...hmm...I'm stuck between.

message 23: by Swati (new)

Swati  (readerforevergmailcom) | 333 comments Oh..WEll..

message 24: by Novin, whose favortie character is Sirius Black. (new)

Novin | 575 comments Mod
Swati wrote: "Novin wrote: "The Invisibility Cloak is for sure much more useful.
"

Definitely. i.e, PRANKS!"

=D

message 25: by Lorna (new)

Lorna Hmmm...while I was at school the Merauders Map for sure - but it would be useless when I left unless I because a teacher (not likely, I hate children). So I guess the Cloak!

message 26: by Novin, whose favortie character is Sirius Black. (new)

Novin | 575 comments Mod
Awww!THAT'D BE REALLY MEAN FOR A TEACHER TO HAVE THE MAP! X(

message 27: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne (Dance4Life) | 84 comments Totally the invisibility coak!! It would be so cool to be invisable!!!

message 28: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 17 comments yeah the invisibility cloak

*blink 182 is the greatest band ever* Brady | 20 comments maurderers map, because if you had that you wouldn't need to be invisible

message 30: by Lorna (new)

Lorna Novin wrote: "Awww!THAT'D BE REALLY MEAN FOR A TEACHER TO HAVE THE MAP! X("

Not if it was a cool teacher! Or I could be Hagrid's assistant. Hehe.

message 31: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments cloak, you'd have it forever

specially since the map is useless outside of hogwarts

im not gonna lurk around herbology my whole life

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments Cloak
cause wat if the map riped or hogwarts got reconstucted??
cloak rox
:DDD

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments Lorna wrote: "Hmmm...while I was at school the Merauders Map for sure - but it would be useless when I left unless I because a teacher (not likely, I hate children). So I guess the Cloak!"

Thats so mean! U were a kid once!

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments oh and after you and all ur friends leave hogwarts, theres no one left to watch that u would no!

*blink 182 is the greatest band ever* Brady | 20 comments Novin wrote: "Swati wrote: "Novin wrote: "The Invisibility Cloak is for sure much more useful.
"

Definitely. i.e, PRANKS!"

=D"

i am a child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 36: by Lorna (new)

Lorna Kirit wrote: "Lorna wrote: "Hmmm...while I was at school the Merauders Map for sure - but it would be useless when I left unless I because a teacher (not likely, I hate children). So I guess the Cloak!"

Thats s..."

Lol sorry...I suppose what I mean is that I'm not good with children.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Invisibility Cloak, all the way! How cool would that be? You could sneak around all you want and not get caught. Hehe. :)

message 39: by Tulah807 (new)

Tulah807 marauders map bcuz i could see where my friends were, where my mother was if i was sneaking something like eating in the living room w/o a tray, and like i could see where anyone is and be like i know where you were at blank. but don't think i'm a stalker cuz i'm not, i just think it would be cool :)

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments Tulah wrote: "marauders map bcuz i could see where my friends were, where my mother was if i was sneaking something like eating in the living room w/o a tray, and like i could see where anyone is and be like i k..."

heyy tulah!!!!

but isnt the map only for hogwarts?

message 41: by Tulah807 (new)

Tulah807 ohhh, i hope not!

message 43: by Shirin (new)

Shirin (shirin2009) | 245 comments the invisibility cloack ofcours.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

i would definetly want both of them cause if u had both of them u could see where people are and u could sneak up on them but if u just had the cloak u wouldnt know where people would be and if u just had the map u only know where people are and u cant like sneak up on people or follow them around or something

message 45: by London (new)

London | 273 comments both

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) If you lived out your entire life in Hogwarts, then I'd want the Maurader's Map. But since the invisibilty cloak works anywhere in the world, that is the most useful of the two objects.

message 47: by London (new)

London | 273 comments true

message 48: by Carly (new)

Carly | 258 comments yea

message 49: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 686 comments That's basically what I said.

It's a shame we can't pick both. Look at the mischief James Potter Sr. made with the just the cloak! It made it possible to create the map! Then look at all the stuff Fred and George did with just the map. Harry had both, so just think of everything he could have done if his greatest ambition in life was to create as must havoc as possible while at Hogwarts.