The Next Best Book Club discussion

Celebrating Goodreads Authors > Heads Up BookLovers - Carbuncle is Smashing!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
I have to post this, I feel I owe it to you, the members.

Lance Carbuncle, author Smashed, Squashed, Splattered, Chewed, Chunked and Spewed, emailed me to thank me for my review of his novel, and also asked me to inform you all that he is selling signed copies of his book on his website, Lancecarbuncle.com, for $12.50 (includes S&H)... Its cheaper than most other booksites.

Please do not think I am talking this up because he is a goodreads author. I loved his book! It was funny in a crazy man on a roadtrip, getting into all sorts of trouble, meets all sorts of cool sick people (a christian terrorist, mutiple Pedros, a Clubfoot blues musician who cant stop playing his guitar, his uncles exgirlfriend who has a deep freezer full of famous peoples poo)kinda way.

I read it in two days, the words fly off the page. If you do read it, I would LOVE to hear what you think about it!!!!

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 278 comments Sounds good, Lori, but be honest - is this going to keep me from eating hashbrowns in the future? I do love them dearly and can't do anything that might injure my current relationship.

BTW, that is a great price. I am seriously considering the purchase.

message 3: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Great review, Lori! I just ordered my copy.

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Hold up Jen... where did you get the hash brown reference from? I didnt know anything about it till I started reading... is that a common description of them???

Nah.. he barely mentions them. I swear. Its a great book, trust me! Have I ever steered you wrong before? (grins a big anime grin and batts lashes)

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (goosers34) anyone from the south is familiar with Waffle House hashbrowns!! yum!! scattered, and covered is the only way to go. with salted ketchup heaping on the side!!

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1626 comments I just ordered my copy. I will let you know.

message 7: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Woo Hoo Donna!!
Did you order it throught Lance's website?

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1626 comments Yes I did.

message 9: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 314 comments Me, too. Through the website.

message 10: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Yeah. His book is really funny. If you dont mind reading about freezer baged poop from famous people... that is! No, seriously tho... a really great read that yanks you along...

message 11: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Just curious, has anyone else picked up a copy of this book yet? I was thinking, if we could get enough people to grab a copy and read it, I might be able to persuade Lance to visit us for a discussion.... You never know....

I think that would be awesome! Something I have never done before with a group!

message 12: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Has anyone loved themselves any Carbuncle yet?
I was curious, if we get enough readers, I might be able to twist his arm and get him to have an online discussion with us.....

Let me know!!!!
And run out and pick this up if you havent yet!!

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Hi Lori,

I haven't picked up any Carbuncle yet, but his book sounds interesting. I would love to talk to him after I read his book.

message 14: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 1128 comments My copy of this book arrived on Saturday and it's calling to me from atop Mt. TBR right now.

message 15: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Read it Logan.
You know you totally want to....

Do it.
Do it now!

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Hey Lori, did Carbuncle contact you regarding a discussion? He had sent me a note regarding his website offer because he had noticed I had his book on my TBR list. I mentioned the group and that he should contact you because you were a big fan of his and wanted to possibly have a discussion with him on the group's forum. =)

message 17: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Yes, he did, but I want to get a few more people with his book under his belt...

I think I posted that somewhere, that with the goodreads authors, If enough people pick up their books and show interest, I would try to get an online discussion together.....

Thanks for pointing us out to him :)

message 18: by Sherry (new)

Sherry My copy should be arriving soon...

message 19: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (loverofinformation) Lori,

One thing you have not discussed is books which we may not have really liked. It is important to me in discussions when I find someone who has a different opinion about a book. I have just read a GR author whose book I am very hesitant to review (although I know how to write a review that is less than stellar). But I may not have the right take on the book. What do you think?

message 20: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Do I think you should post a thread about Goodreads authors we dont like? Uhm..... I'm going to say no. This section is just about who we read that we would like other goodreaders to find out about. I'm not all for bashing.

Now, if it was written by an author someone is raving about, posting your feelings on THAT thread would be ok. It's always great to hear everyones take on things....

message 21: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

OK Carbuncle fans....
His newest book "Grundish and Askew" is about to hit, and I think Lance is willing to do a Q&A with us. Who is interested in setting up a chat with him to discuss his first novel SMASHED, and probe and prod him about the new release???

message 22: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 112 comments Lori wrote: "I have to post this, I feel I owe it to you, the members.

Lance Carbuncle, author Smashed, Squashed, Splattered, Chewed, Chunked and Spewed, emailed me to thank me for my review ..."

It's hilariously irreverant full of every cliche u can think of and made it work. the title itself attracted me. laffed til I cried

message 23: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

http://lancecarbuncle.com/

Lance now has signed copies of his newest release, Grundish and Askew, for sale on his website... CHeaper than any other website, too!!!

You know you want to.....

message 24: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 112 comments Lori wrote: "I have to post this, I feel I owe it to you, the members.

Lance Carbuncle, author Smashed, Squashed, Splattered, Chewed, Chunked and Spewed, emailed me to thank me for my review ..."

I read smashed squashed and splattered and I thought it was hilarious looking forward to reading Grundish and askew.

message 25: by Tracy S (new)

Tracy S | 9 comments I just got my copy of Smashed, Squashed, Splattered, Chewed, Chunked and Spewed in the mail a few days ago. I'm only a few chapters in, but it already has me laughing and the banter is easy to follow along with/easy to read.

message 26: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

It does read sooo smoothly doesnt it? I really enjoyed this one!

message 27: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Just received 'Grundish and Askew' in my mailbox!!!

message 28: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Awesome!!!
Make sure you ladies head over to Carbuncles group when you have the books and throw him some questions, ok?