Immortals After Dark discussion

Talking about the series > Other Potential Pairings?

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 13 comments Just curious who among the many characters we've meet will have their own books or if not, are possible romantic pairings.

Will Regin and her "repeatedly-reincarnated" suitor be a story? Will the younger McRieve and the Valkyrie archer end up together?

How about potential hero or heroines? Will Nix ever have a partner? Furie and Kristoff? How about Rok the smoke demon?...

Do you have a suggestion? Is there a character you want paired off and with who?...

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Oooh this is a great topic. Everyone you mentioned will make for a very interesting book. I can't really think of any other characters though.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 36 comments From what I've read on Cole's website, Fury and Kristoff will be a pairing, and I think Reign and her Berserker. I think they were the only ones mentioned so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lucia and Lachlain's brother (is it Garreth?) show up maybe as a short story in an anthology ala Myst and Nikolai. This is just my take.

message 4: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 13 comments Furie and Kristoff? That will be a pairing I would like to see.

As for the other characters, I would definitely want to read their stories. After having finished Cade's book recently, I can hardly wait for Rydstrom's book. That last scene where he has the sorceress tied up in his bedroom just whetted my appetite for his story...LOL..

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 36 comments She has the synopsis for Kiss of a Demon King up on her website. I am anxiously awaiting both the cover, and the release of this one. It's supposed to be published in February, but that seems really far away right now!

message 6: by Nichole (DirrtyH) (last edited Feb 26, 2009 06:39PM) (new)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments I just went to Cole's web site, and as of today she has made the following announcements:
Murdoch Wroth will have a story in an upcoming "duology" with Gena Showalter due out in November. Then Garreth and Lucia's book will be out in January, 2010. Wahoo! I've been waiting to hear about them. Too bad we have to wait so long...

Also, she answers questions in the forums on her web site, and has said that she definitely plans future books for Rok, Lothaire, the Lykae twins, Regin and Nix (among others, I couldn't remember all of them and then couldn't find the thread again when I went back.)
She said Nix's book would probably be in early 2011, and that she really "ties her hero up in knots."

So excited! Sounds like she plans to write this series forever and ever amen, and I'm really glad for the confirmation that we will get books for Nix and Regin.

message 7: by Mickey (new)

Mickey | 14 comments Yeah! I am really excited about those pairings!

message 8: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra How very cool. It amazes me how Kresley can have a character appear so briefly in a book and yet make them so intriguing.

message 9: by Mickey (new)

Mickey | 14 comments I agree! Who knew that having a character mentioned in one paragraph could make you want to learn so much more about them! She is good.

message 10: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) There needs to be an mm book!

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Christy wrote: "There needs to be an mm book!"

Oh yea...that's for sure :)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments Something tells me that's not going to happen any time soon. Maybe we should work on some fan fic... what two guys would you put together?

message 13: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Now that's a good idea....

It's been too long since I've read one, who is still single?

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments Uh... well...

There's Cade's demon buddy whose name I can't remember. And... ???
Dunno. We might have to invent characters.

message 15: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) We'll just have to do cross overs...

Cade's buddy and Carson Kressley.

Hot.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments LOL - isn't Carson Kressley kinda old? If we're gonna go with Queer Eye dudes, Jai Rodriguez!

message 17: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) The little one? No...He's too.......

too..........

young!

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments He's 30!

message 19: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) I don't mean age young I mean...

Like, you look at him and you're all 'He's young'

Okay, I donno. He just comes off as kind of a teen for me (granted, I only know him from the Queer Eye shows and he was being totally upstaged and only ever really talked about CDs)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments Hmmm... I just look at him and think "Yum!" lol.

message 21: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Hmmm...Not my type.

How about Rob Zombie....OR ONE OF THE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!

message 22: by Ilse (new)

Ilse Snell | 121 comments Nichole wrote: "I just went to Cole's web site, and as of today she has made the following announcements:
Murdoch Wroth will have a story in an upcoming "duology" with Gena Showalter due out in November. Then Gar..."

that is Uber exciting news!!! i was wondering whether Cole will take regin and the beserker further... and i am burning to know more about Lothaire! and i kinda dont want Nix to have a HEA, she's like the crazy awesome aunt to all Valkyries... she should be there forever! and not occupied with her mate. Oh well...
Coles books get released so sloooowly... i'm sitting on edge already!

message 23: by Missy (new)

Missy (missyharjo) | 2 comments just finished rereading case and hollys book and caught something. cara the fair is heading to Columbia. does anyone else think she'll be paired with the half human drug lord? he's popped up in a few of the books and I'm dying to find out more.

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
I hadn't considered that, Missy. Will be interested to see if that is the way Cole is leading.

message 25: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 51 comments Good catch, Missy. Maybe.

message 26: by AlisonClaire (new)

AlisonClaire | 2 comments I just reread Lothaire, which just reconfirmed my love for Hag/Balery. My fingers are crossed so hard that she gets a book of her own. I would love to learn more about the Fey and about her potion making/oracle skills. She is living in Dacia as Lothaire's court oracle; maybe she will be paired with one of the other Dacian royals? I haven't read KC's Dacia book yet so I don't have any strong feelings about any of them.

Other characters I would love to read about include Brandr (Aidan the Fierce's loyal beserker friend) and Natalya the dark fey from Regin's book. Also -- maybe Thad/Ruby if KC decides to move the series forward about 15 years? Just a thought!

message 27: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 164 comments Missy wrote: "just finished rereading case and hollys book and caught something. cara the fair is heading to Columbia. does anyone else think she'll be paired with the half human drug lord? he's popped up in a f..."

Cara and Gamboa? Well, why not? But I can't remember what the other half side of him. Is it demon?

message 28: by Missy (new)

Missy (missyharjo) | 2 comments yeah his mother was a demon.I'm getting really curious about each time he's mentioned.

message 29: by Lucy (last edited Nov 05, 2014 07:46PM) (new)

Lucy (tigerlilywarior) | 35 comments Alisonclaire wrote: "I just reread Lothaire, which just reconfirmed my love for Hag/Balery. My fingers are crossed so hard that she gets a book of her own. I would love to learn more about the Fey and about her potio..."

I know this is an old post but I had to comment because I really liked Balery too.

I have a feeling that Salem is the same demon that stood up Balery all those centuries ago (and maybe the reason he never showed up was because he was, well, dead).

The last time we "see" Salem, he went to Dacia with Bettina. Who else is in Dacia? Balery.

I wouldn't be surprised when the next Dacian book comes out that this is a side story, IMHO.

Here's my theory (view spoiler)

Maybe some daydreaming on my part. I just really liked Balery.

☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness | 42 comments Oooh good thinking Jennifer!! I'd love Balery have a book too. I'd also like Rok/Rök (what was his name again) get a book.

message 31: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (tigerlilywarior) | 35 comments Jennifer wrote: "Alisonclaire wrote: "I just reread Lothaire, which just reconfirmed my love for Hag/Balery. My fingers are crossed so hard that she gets a book of her own. I would love to learn more about the Fe..."

Okay, so as much as I love my Balery/Salem couple theory, I reread both Lothaire and Shadow's Claim and now I'm not so sure.

Here's my new theory. (view spoiler)