♣ The Shadowed Hills RP ♣ discussion

RP > The Shadowed Hills (roleplay 1)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 215 (215 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie (Katie plays the water fairy Sharain, her best friend has no name yet. If you claim her then please write that on top of your story piece.)

INTRODUCTION:

Sharain fluttered her wings. The light blue color reflected across the clearing. Looking around she couldn't help but marvel at the beautiful forest clearing.

Her best friend stood beside her and they both marveled at the scene before them. Wild flowers bloomed behind them in the sun but the flowers before them, the ones in the shadows, were covered in frost.

Sharain, scared to make any sound turned to her companion, "The Dark Queen is moving."

message 2: by Mikaylie, The Dark Queen (new)

Mikaylie (beasunshine) | 71 comments Mod
(Mikaylie plays the weather fairy Rani.)(Please explain to me where you want this to go)

"How do you know?" Rani asked.

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie "Because only she has the will to do something this horrid to beautiful things. We need to stop her."

message 4: by Mikaylie, The Dark Queen (new)

Her majesty, the Dark Queen turned from her magical ice globe that acted as a crystal ball. "I can't wait until they discover the... the 'hidden surprise' in my frosted flowers." *Evil laugh*

(She needs an evil servant/sidekick. If you claim him or her please write that at the top of your section.)

message 5: by Mikaylie, The Dark Queen (new)

(i think we need to delete our posts with no story in them)

Rani hovered in the air. "Is there anything we can do to undo this, this spell or whatever it is. There must be something we can do to return this clearing to it's former beauty. Isn't there?"

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 02, 2008 04:06AM) (new)

Flora moped around the forest, looking at the frost covered plants. Animals hide in their homes in fear of the ice queen. Up ahead, stood two girls, with the same expression as she. Usually, Flora would fly to introduce herself, but doesn't find the joy to do so, so she kept walking, humming quietly to the scared creatures.

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Sharain sighed as she folded her wings behind her, "Why must our world come to this? Years ago peace was not just talked about, it was real. All of this was new and had just been born."

Sighing she sat on the ground. "It has been four years since the Great Eclipse when the Dark One began to call herself Queen. Yet it as if the world had been fighting this magic, her magic, for years."

Hearing a slight humming behind her she whirled. Nothing was there. she shook her head, muttering under her breath she berated herself for allowing her mind to make her hear things.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Flora fell to her knees, all the sadness overwhelming her. She sobbed, tears fell to the dirt below as she attempted to stop before one of the girls heard her. "Come on Flora, don't do this." She shook her head, hands going to wipe away the waterworks. A small chipmunk bravely stuck his head out, but after seeing the surroundings, cowarded back inside. "I wish I could do something... I just... need to find a way to stop her... I hate her." She broke into more tears.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Drivel sat in the tree above the two fairies barely containing a smile. His mistress had wanted him to take his time and prepare to meet them but they had come early. He was suppose to create a whole clearing of the frozen flowers and not allow any of the "nice little creatures" escape, but the two fairies had interrupted him. he was lucky to have hidden himself without being seen.

He was also lucky that the fairies of the forest hadn't chanced upon him. They were expert marksmen and he had no hope of ever escaping with his damaged leg if it had come to a skirmish.

Gripping the tree branch he grinned down at the fairies hoping that they would not see him.

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie ((WE are writing a roleplay and we are stuck. Make a character and join but dont forget to introduce them in the character disscussion))

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie Sharain bent down to touch one of the flowers nearly falling over when a rabbit sprang at her. Trying not to curse she backed up as the rabbit continued to jump at her making her move back. Getting angry she glared at it and started to go around it.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Flora's head rose, tears have finally stopped, 'a rabbit... with a faerie'. She stood, and went to see what was going on, legs shaking from crying so hard. Flora stepped to a tree, and watched as another faerie walked around a small rabbit.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

'Who is she?'

message 14: by Hylian Princess (last edited Oct 20, 2008 08:32PM) (new)

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) Avonell flew threw the trees carefully. She was trying not to set anything on fire. She was still learning how to control her newly found powers over fire and sometimes she lit things on fire. Not on purpose. It just happened sometimes.

message 15: by Mikaylie, The Dark Queen (new)

The Dark Queen was getting annoyed. When would those silly little fairies move?! She wanted them to either hurry unleash her 'surprise' or get out of the way so Drivel could finish with the flowers. She looked through her ice globe and noticed a few more fairies approaching the clearing. "When would they hurry up?"

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie Drivel wanted to clap for joy as the blue fairy moved forward but cursed as the rabbit hopped out of nowhere to interfere. digging his nails into the tree branch he wiped his nose.

message 17: by Mikaylie, The Dark Queen (new)

Rani reached down towards one of the frozen flowers, trying to get a closer look at it. She felt sorry for the frozen flower. "I hope we can figure out a way to fix it." She remarked half to herself. Then she reached out and

***switching characters***

The Dark Queen was starring intently at her globe. 'Touch it! Just a little farther!' She thought. She couldn't wait! She watched as

*** Switching back***
Rani touched the frozen petal. She suddenly fell to the ground, as if she had passed out.

***Switching again***
The Dark Queen laughed. "Perfect!"

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie Sharain stopped trying to get around the infuriating rabbit. Rani was on the ground and paling quickly. she dropped to her knees beside her friend just as a wicked chuckle sounded above. She looked up into the eyes of a mutated goblin who had his hands clapped over his mouth.

message 19: by Mikaylie, The Dark Queen (new)

"What is Drivel thinking laughing like that with all the fairies around! He may have just single-handedly foiled my plans." The Dark Queen was furious.

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie Drivel clapped his hands accross his mouth, shocked. His eyes grew wide as the blue fairy looked up. her eyes burned like acid. he scrambled in his pocket for his transport globe as she whipped her bow out. it was strung with the speed only a sky fairy could manage. the bow string snapped the arrow out just as he touched the globe in his pocket.

Seconds later he was sprawled on the ground in front of the Dark Queen. The globe had transported him safely back to the castle.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Flora looked around, 'what had that noise been?' She looks around more, and sees two fairies, one looked sick, laying down, the other held a bow. "Hey!" She ran over to see what was the matter.

message 22: by Ali (new)

Ali (harpangel) (Ali plays Kara who is a young witch and friends with Rani since childhood.)

"Rani!" Kara called tromping through the forest sounding like a heard of elephants. "Rani! Where are you?" she asked annoyed. Rani usually came before now. She usually met her near the edge of the forest. Now that Kara was nearing the middle of the forest, she could tell something was wrong.

"Rani? I got my homework done and mom let me come outside. . . . Are you ignoring me?" she doubted this but it was a reasonable idea. Kara then came to a clearing. She saw four fairys with frozen flowers all around them. One of the fairys were unconsious. "Rani!" she screamed. She ran over to her friend. "What happened?!" she asked the fairies, picking up her small friend and wrapping her in the sleeve of her jacket.

message 23: by Mikaylie, The Dark Queen (last edited Oct 13, 2008 08:27PM) (new)

The Dark Queen watched the scene unfold. "Now I can trap one of the witches in my evil web... I could gain power over ALL the magical kingdoms!"she said in awe. " Fairies, witches, wizards, enchanters, elves..." She numbered them off on her fingers. " I just hope my 'frozen beauties' are strong enough" the Queen said to herself.

"Drivel! What are you doing sprawled on the floor like that?! We've got work to do."

((Great entrance Ali))

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

"Is she okay?" Flora looked around, wondering what the hell is going on.

message 25: by Mikaylie, The Dark Queen (new)

(Hey Bells, you might want to read the rules carefully. )

message 26: by Katie (new)

Katie (( :D ))

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

((I know, I wanted to do something. Sorry))

message 28: by Katie (last edited Oct 16, 2008 04:22PM) (new)

Katie (Its fine)

Sharain knelt down by her fallen friend and touched her cheek which was ice cold. "Rani, RANI!" When she didn't move she placed her bow on the ground letting her gaze flicker to the tree where her arrow still quivered even as it was buried into the trunk a good half of it's length.

"We need to take her to Ember City. They have a healer there that should be able to determine what is wrong. Until then do not touch any of the flowers." she glanced at the other four fairies and the witch.

message 29: by Becca (new)

Becca Lott Elethera frowned at the unlabeled bottles on the shelves. Why couldn't her apprentice learn to do things right? Her last apprentice hadn't been so... NO, she thought, I will not think of that.

Elethera owned a small treetop apothecary near the heart of Ember City. Often she would leave it to the care of her apprentice, Telaina. She wandered the realm of Farstar to find the most potent and rare of the herbs and spells she used in healing.

She shook her head and went back to brewing a sweet smelling potion for a young wood sprite who had accidentally turned her leaves into porcupine quills.

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie ((the following i am assuming are in the clearing... Flora, Sharain, Rani, Kara, & Avonell.))

message 31: by Ali (new)

Ali (harpangel) Kara gently picked Rani up. "So your saying that someone might be able to help her in the Ember City?" she asked the other fairies.

She was sad that her dear friend was hurt, but excited to go on a mission to save her. She had never been on a mission like this. She had read fairy tales and fables with things like this.

She hoped she could help.

message 32: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 19, 2008 07:35AM) (new)

"Then let's get her there fast. I can't even begin to imagine what a simple flower has done..." She starts to go off on another of her 'save the animals' rant, "What if any of the animals have touched the flowers, I hope that they're all safe from this terrible curse your friend has been put under..."

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) ((Avonell has not quite arrived at the clearing. Until now...))

Avonell could hear voices just ahead of her. She paused, curious. She fluttered her wings one last time as she landed on the ground which was covered in foliage. She stepped forward slowly and parted the curtain of leaves and peaked out at the scene before her. She watched as the fairies in the clearing talked in serious tones. One fairy appeared to be hurt.

Avonell did not realize that one of the leaves she held was beginning to burn until she felt it singe her hand. She yelped and pulled her hand back. She rubbed the smarting burn and concentrated on putting out the fire that was beginning to grow. Once she had subdued the tiny flames she remembered the fairies in the clearing. They must have heard her cry out. How could they not?

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Flora looked over to a faerie that she thinks just arrived, and gasped, "Fire! My woods are on fire!" She calls them her woods only because she has dedicated her life into the woods. The other faeries look up also, the faerie was frantic to put it out.

message 35: by Katie (new)

Katie Sharain looked up, jumping up she stepped in front of Flora, "I'm sure she didn't mean to hurt your forest but right now we need to get Rani to Ember"

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) Avonell's face flushed bright red as she stepped into the clearing. She had put the fire out by now, but was still greatly embarrassed.
"Sorry," she said, sheepishly, "I just recently discovered my powers and I'm still learning to control them."

message 37: by Katie (new)

Katie ((make a character in the character discussion and then introduce yourself some how, if you want to be a healer's apprentice then you can read what my sister put up for her apprentice))

message 38: by Katie (new)

Katie "Okay enough blabber." Sharain bent down and picked Rani up. Leaping into the air she beat her wings furiously. "I am bringing Rani to Ember, you can come or leave but choose now."

Turning her back in the air she began to make her way towards Ember. With luck she could make it there on her own with only short stops for rests every few miles.

She looked down at Rani's pale face. Then she whispered fiercely, "Don't you dare even contemplate leaving me here,"

message 39: by Hylian Princess (last edited Oct 22, 2008 05:02PM) (new)

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) The other fairies began to fly away. Avonell wanted to know what was going on, but didn't want to get in the way. She hesitated and a small spark of fire lighted on her finger. She jumped. It did not hurt her, but the flow of magic through her still surprised her. She tried to ignore the looks she received from the other fairies. She guessed they had a right to be disgusted with her. After all, most fairies discovered their powers at about age six and she had just recently discovered her's the month before, and she was fifteen now.

message 40: by Katie (new)

Katie Sharain pitched her voice so that the fire fairy could hear. She had heard all the others take off but she didn't know if the fire fairy wanted to be with them,in any case she let her voice carry to her, "If you want the healer in Ember can help you control your magic."

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) "Really?!" Avonell was over joyed. It wasn't that she wasn't smart, or anything. She seamed to just have unstable magic within her. No one in her village could train her due to that fact. That was why she was in the woods in the first place. She had fled her village and embarrassment. Now, she was overwhelmed at the thought that someone could help her.
"I'd be glad to come," she said, barely controlling her excitement.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well now I feel like an idiot." Flora sat down, and picked up a stick, her back is turned to the forest, to get her mind to other things, "I should appologize for over-acting... it's just..." Her eyes became damp, "I love this forest... it's the only thing I have anymore." Memories to the deaths in her life came back into her mind, she shook them away though, and threw the stick.

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) "I'm sorry," Avonell said, "I really am. I can't help it. The magic that I have is just too unstable."
Avonell placed one hand on the other fairies' shoulder to comfort her.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

((I thought u were flying))

message 45: by Katie (new)

Katie ((i guess some were and some weren't))

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) ((or they are all just kinda hovering there...))

message 47: by Katie (new)

Katie ((Dont know)

message 48: by Katie (new)

Katie Drivel stared glumly into the cauldron, the Queen had put him to stirring this horrid mess. it smelled a bad as rotten toadstools. Her highness was over in another room attending to some business that she deemed inappropriate for him to know about. Why? He honestly had no clue what so ever.

message 49: by Mikaylie, The Dark Queen (last edited Oct 24, 2008 05:51PM) (new)

Rani felt... strange. It seemed like she was outside her body in a way. Her brain was clouded. Suddenly she heard or sensed a voice. "Drivel! Hurry up! I want to get this done before the news spreads. Drivel..." it was foggy. Rani felt half asleep. 'Who is Drivel?" Rani thought as she difted back into a sort of slumber.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

((so is Ran awake?!! I hope she is!... What are the flowers doing, or do we not know yet?))

« previous 1 3 4 5