New Moon (The Twilight Saga, #2) New Moon discussion

Help Me Say Sorry to Stephenie Meyers(Midnight Sun)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sabrina The rumor is that sm isn't going to write Midnight Sun anymore cause someone leaked the first 12 chapters. If you can help me I'm trying to say sorry to stephienie meyers but I need everyones help.

So please if you want Midnight Sun I don't know that It will help but pass this around to your freinds, post it on your myspace, post it on your fanfiction accounts, post it on your sites wherever.

If SM sees enough people doing it she might start writing again.

message 2: by ♥Jennabug♥ (new)

♥Jennabug♥ Stephanie!!! You have to write this book! It will be an amazing addition to the Twilight Series and it will give a totally new perpsective to everyones mind about Edward and Bella. PLEASE!!!! You are a gifted writer and must continue with this series!!! Please!!!

clarisse g. Stephanie!!!! please continue to write midnight sun We really want to know Edwards perception!!!! really!!! I know it's a draft but really it's soooo....... good that I keep reading it!!!!! it's sooooo..... way coool!!!!! please!!!!!

Sabrina Thank to anyone who was helping>

Dorothy Stefanie - please continue to write Midnight Sun. I love the characters of Edward and Bella and it would be such a shame to not complete this work.

Katie I agree 100%. I would love to read Midnight Sun. This horrible person that leaked the first 12 chapters should be ashammed of themselves.

Ruby y should ppl apolizie? the only person who should apologize is who allegedly leaked the first 12 chapters. i couldnt care less if she published midnight sun or not...personally.

Katie
I agree with not everyone should appoligize just the person that leaked the first 12 chapters but I would love if Stephanie published Midnight Sun.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

please publish Midnight sun!! my friend is talking about how cool she thinks its going to be!!! Please! Im reading new moon,and i want to read everybook youve ever started writng !! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEE?!?!?!

Michelle PLEASE! i read the chapters u posted on ur website and they are great! i really wish u would keep writing it. it is amazing! so please keep writing it!

message 11: by Eva-Marie (new)

Eva-Marie I don't read this author but have heard what's going on. Why don't you guys try to find her email contact info? Try Google or something like that? I'm sure you could find a fan club address or something. It might work better than this. :)

Teresa I'm not sure if this will help or not but I found an address. It is:

Stephanie Meyer
c/o Author Mail
Little,Brown and Company
New York, NY 10017

Isabella Tugman - Audiobook Narrator Stephenie,

I am terribly sorry that someone betrayed your trust and leaked out a draft. Please do not let that discourage you. You have created a legacy and touched millions of lives with your works, and you will continue to with your next book, Midnight Sun. Please grant us the gift of finishing your next book!

message 14: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie I doubt this thread will help. Try writing to her

message 15: by Jo (new) - rated it 1 star

Jo Never.

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ You have to continue this, Stephanie.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Um...yea I don't like the series but Stephanie should get over her pride and hurt and just write it. If she wants it, then she should write it. I heard she felt betrayed by fans?Labeled an entire group because of one persons' actions. Seriously?Write it if you want SM, but don't blame your fans.

message 18: by Angie Elle (last edited Aug 05, 2012 03:44PM) (new) - added it

Angie Elle I agree with Baylor...except I like the series.

Either you're inspired to write it, or you're not. It's time to get over the tantrum and finish the story or admit that you have no intention of writing it.

It's too bad to let one person ruin it for lots of fans who have enjoyed the series. JMO

Autumn Higgins She felt betrayed by her fans because she didn't authorize this manuscript to be read. So people were downloading the stolen version and reading it instead of respecting her wished as the author and waiting until she had it ready. Its an incredible invasion to read something that isn't ready. She beats herself up while she is writing to make it be perfect. Who knows how many times she wanted to change something that was already leaked out. This was HER story. HER words. SHE should have given out when SHE was ready. So to her loyal fans she went ahead and put it on her website. She has chosen to share her beautiful gift and she was hurt terribly by it. Have you ever worked really hard on something and had it stolen? If you have had anything stolen you feel a violation. Imagine how you would feel. I hope she does finish it one day. Who knows maybe she did finish it and is waiting until after the last Breaking Dawn in the theater to be released. Never know. But people are constantly telling her to publish it and there is a petition on GR under Midnight Sun for her to keep writing its like 2 years old I think.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Angie wrote: "I agree with Baylor...except I like the series.

Either you're inspired to write it, or you're not. It's time to get over the tantrum and finish the story or admit that you have no intention of wr..."

message 21: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy At this point, I don't think it will happen ever. I saw a recent interview with SM about The Host movie, and they asked about midnight sun. She said she was really burned out with vampires, and she has several other stories she wants to write first. So, if we do ever see it, it will be years and years down the road.

Dakotah I don't understand why Mrs. Meyer is punishing her fans by not releasing this book because honestly the only ones that could have leaked the book was someone that she had intrusted with one of the copies.
I believe it's wrong of her to not publish the book, just because one of her friends broke her trust. So, Mrs. Meyer needs to be diplomatic about this and realize that she is hurting her fans by her choice of fully deciding if she is continuing the book or not

Courtney You know, I think she should write Midnight Sun.
I know she was angry about the leak of writings, but why punish her fans just because of one person? Why let one person ruin it for everyone who was excited about it?

If you ask me, she is being disrespectful to her fans for not releasing this, because so many are disappointed about it. She announced it, got her fans all excited and then just basically said, "Well one asshole wanted to leak it so I am just gonna not bother finishing it, and not gonna tell anyone for sure what the hell is going on and leave my fans hanging. NBD."
IF she really doesn't want to write it then why not tell us so instead of leaving us hanging? Just doesn't make sense to me why she'd do that to her fans.

Courtney Angie wrote: "I agree with Baylor...except I like the series.

Either you're inspired to write it, or you're not. It's time to get over the tantrum and finish the story or admit that you have no intention of wr..."

I SO agree with this!!
Its annoying how she won't say if it's going to happen or not.
And if she REALLY wants to write it and get it out there for people who like her writing, then she'd get over her pride and release it. Seems to me she just doesn't care about the series anymore.

message 25: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva King At first I thought it was a publicity stunt, and now it's more annoying than anything. Ok maybe she felt hurt by the betrayal but come on! She would make a ton of money if she did publish it. Besides she said in another interview that it doesnt matter what she writes the fans will still want Midnight sun.
I found he host to be a dissapointment, and I think that whatever thing she writes now has to be better than twilight or it will go downhill. Besides she spends most of her time producing and interviews than writing. In her website says that she will go back to writing in may, its july and she hasnt started on the host sequel, so i think she is going to make us wait.

Maddie Desfosses Please wright some more! We are sorry!

Stephanie Pangan Unless the book was going to be extremely short, or if the chapters are just really lengthy.. I don't see why she couldn't just pick up from where it leaked.

If anything, the leak was probably what got fans more interested in reading the book. (Which is a good thing since a lot of people began to hate the series once the films came out.)

But for her to just stop, regardless of being annoyed about the leak, shows she probably wasn't going anywhere with the book anyway..

message 28: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Stephanie wrote: "Unless the book was going to be extremely short, or if the chapters are just really lengthy.. I don't see why she couldn't just pick up from where it leaked.

If anything, the leak was probably wh..."

Good point. The leak provided a great cop-op reason so she doesn't have to finish it. She hasn't published anything in years - I wonder if anything new will come out. She seems more into being a producer now.

message 29: by Avani (last edited Aug 07, 2012 01:04PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Avani Guys, if you really want the small chance that she'll even see, let alone consider, this petition, you should probably spell her name correctly. She spells her name Stephenie Meyer, with an 'e', not an 'a', in Stephenie, and Meyer, without an 's'. Stephenie Meyer.

Annie Dear Stephenie Meyer,
Well, you will probably never see this, but on the off chance that you do, I just wanted to say that even though so many of your fans, including me, really hope you will finish this, I understand that you don't really want to and that it is your choice. Also, I think the Twilight Saga is amazing. You are such a talented author.

message 31: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Gideon You shouldn't have to apologize for what a small group of people did just to get your author to stop acting like a child. The fact that she is essentially punishing the majority of her fans for the actions of a few is rediculous.

If she truly cared about her fans she'd maybe do something for her fans and finish it. I mean she has some dedicated fans that love the world she created. She's had years to sulk about this. She needs to get over it and give back. Simple as that.

Missyb Courtney wrote: "Angie wrote: "I agree with Baylor...except I like the series.

Either you're inspired to write it, or you're not. It's time to get over the tantrum and finish the story or admit that you have no i..."

I'm with you two, she's acting more like a spoiled brat instead of trying to please the fans by putting out good books.

Missyb Amy wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Unless the book was going to be extremely short, or if the chapters are just really lengthy.. I don't see why she couldn't just pick up from where it leaked.

If anything, the le..."

Reminds me of a reality star & many young stars today, one hit and they think they are the world even if everything else they do flops. Some people stardom goes to their head, maybe hers.

message 34: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva King Amy wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Unless the book was going to be extremely short, or if the chapters are just really lengthy.. I don't see why she couldn't just pick up from where it leaked.

If anything, the le..."

im glad im not the only one that sees it this way.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved the Twilight Saga from the first page. Please finish Midnight Sun - I can't wait to see inside Edward's head.

Rachael There is a petition already on here to get Midnight Sun finished, Sign it.. I think it was a whie ago that it happened. Check out her website, it will have more on there about it. You can also download the first twelve chapters.

Tania NOOOOOOOOO, NO MIDNIGHT SUN ,I HAVE HEARD ENOUGH OF TWILIGHT , WHO IS WIT MEEEE

kpopfan Ruby wrote: "y should ppl apolizie? the only person who should apologize is who allegedly leaked the first 12 chapters. i couldnt care less if she published midnight sun or not...personally."

I agree with you.

Elizabeth Day I'm sorry this happened to you Stephenie thank you for being a great writer :)

Sarah PLEASE RELEASE MIDNIGHT SUN SM ITS A BRILLIANT STORY FROM EDWARDS POINT OF VIEW AND I LOVED TWILIGHT SO MUCH AND SO WANNA READ MIDNIGHT SUN PRETTY PLEASE DONT PUNISH ALL OF UR FANS BECAUSE OF SOME SELFISH PEOPLE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RELEASE MIDNIGHT SUN X

Jenna Amy wrote: "You shouldn't have to apologize for what a small group of people did just to get your author to stop acting like a child. The fact that she is essentially punishing the majority of her fans for the..."

i actually agree with u

Julia Tania wrote: "NOOOOOOOOO, NO MIDNIGHT SUN ,I HAVE HEARD ENOUGH OF TWILIGHT , WHO IS WIT MEEEE"

Sorry, I have to disagree. I read Twilight, then found Midnight Sun and could not believe the difference in seeing the same thing from Edward's POV. Bella isn't nearly as whiny or clingy in his mind. So, maybe she isn't really that bad. With Twilight from her POV it is how she sees herself.

Lusira2bisai2 Julia wrote: "Tania wrote: "NOOOOOOOOO, NO MIDNIGHT SUN ,I HAVE HEARD ENOUGH OF TWILIGHT , WHO IS WIT MEEEE"

Sorry, I have to disagree. I read Twilight, then found Midnight Sun and could not believe the differ..."

Yeah.....get d hell AWAY you hater!!!
And yes,twilight series all the wayyy!!!!continue midnight sun pls pls??:DDDD

Claire Hawkes Please, Please, Please SM we need to have midnight sun I have not read it as its not been formally released as much as I want to!!! I understand how you feel about people having read the leak but its only because we cant get enough of your work. We need midnight sun. SM I love your work!!!

Goshgirl The leak was a silly mistake made by some silly person. It was unfortunate that it happened and I think that all the real twilight fans can say that they are honestly sorry that it happened. We are all SOOOO INCREDIBLY SORRY!!!! We've all been crushed over the fact that you decided not to publish it. It broke our hearts. :(( I think we need to have midnight sun. I for one haven't even read the leak and I'm sure a lot of other fans didn't either. We really are sorry that the story leaked and sorry that we cant take it back again, but we hope that you will publish it for us anyway someday. We love your work

Christy What is Midnight Sun?

message 47: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Christy wrote: "What is Midnight Sun?"

Stephenie Meyer started writing Twilight from Edward's point of view/narration. She had the first close to half done and it was leaked on the internet. She then chose to put off completion indefinitely and posted on her Web site the pdf of what she had completed of Midnight Sun. You can go to www.stepheniemeyer.com to find the link.

Christy oh ok.... It would be awesome to read it from his POV.. Man.. Hopefully she will finish writing sometime in the future..

krysta Didn't she already finish it?

Lindis Russell Please Mrs. Meyers see it in your heart that your fans would really love to read Midnight Sun. Please don't punish millions for the mistake of a few. I know that one bad apple spoils the bunch, (pun intended) but from what I heard, Midnight Sun could even out do the previous six. (including Bree and Guide) : ) We love your vampire world!!!!!!

« previous 1