Thailand discussion

Any book suggestion? มีหนังสือแนะนำไหม

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fye (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:04PM) (new)

Fye haslonglastname | 4 comments Mod
Any suggestion will be accepted :D
ทุกคำแนะนำจะได้รับการยอมรับ :D

message 2: by GoodSiam (last edited Jul 16, 2008 03:33AM) (new)

GoodSiam  Publishing House (GoodSiam) | 1 comments สนุกมากค่ะ เรื่องนี้ จำไม่ได้ว่าของใคร อ่านนานมากแล้วค่ะ แต่ไม่เคยลืมเลย เพราะอ่านแล้ววางไม่ลงเลย เป็นเรื่องเกี่ยวกับตลาดหุ้น ถ้าเจอชื่อเรื่องแล้วจะกลับมาบอกค่ะ

message 3: by Ami (new)

Ami Blackwelder (amirblackwelder) Yes, Guardians of the Gate ...try it out for free at www.scribd.com and look under title name or author name ami blackwelder. I live here n Thailand and am a tacher and writer. The book will be available in Thai shortly.

message 4: by The_ClassiC (new)

The_ClassiC | 3 comments ถึงข้อความที่ 2 ฟังดูหน้าสนใจ ได้ชื่อเรื่องแล้วมาบอกต่อด้วยนะครับ

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott Robinson (scottbrobinson) | 1 comments I've just compiled a collection of short stories set in Bangkok in a recent ebook:

Divine City: Bangkok Fantasies

I think the collection will appeal to readers who savor a more richly textured narrative style. You can also listen to podcast excerpts for free at: ScottBRobinson.net.

And as a GoodReads author and member of this group, I always welcome feedback, questions, etc...this is the fun part of joining up, right?

Glad to be part of the group!

Scott B. Robinson

message 6: by Pailin (new)

Pailin | 1 comments I'm currently reading "Frontline: Reporting from the World's Deadliest Places" by David Loyn and I think this is very fascinating book about a group of cameramen (crazy enough to be) in the war zone from the late 80s to early 2000's. If you google any characters appear in the book, you'll see their profiles and they are either dead in the war or alive.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Bangkok-Ba...

An Amazon list I put together of Best Bangkok Based Crime Fiction ...

message 8: by Andrew (last edited Mar 25, 2013 02:58AM) (new)

Andrew Hicks | 2 comments I am flattered that my novel, THAI GIRL has been described as having insights into relationships between farang and Thais. Can I now recommend a great bookshop on Sukhumvit, Dasa Books, on whose website THAI GIRL makes the bestseller list for Thailand fiction, up against big-hitters like John Burdett and Stephen Leather. There's also a new review of THAI GIRL on an intruiging website called www.tripfiction.com that features novels that are set in places travellers visit. I like it! Andrew Hicks.

message 9: by James (new)

James Newman | 7 comments Kevin, why only six titles?
At least do a top ten, and include some more, um, recent titles....?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, I'm a jai roon, the impatient type ... I like your confidence that you won't come in at #11 ;o) I will think about that ... Impatiently.

message 11: by James (new)

James Newman | 7 comments #11 be my favorite number. The number I set my stereo volume at....

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

My next review of one of your books I'm going to work in the theme song from the TV show, COPS. You know the lyrics, "Bad boys bad boys, watchagunnado, watchagunnado when they come for you?" ...

message 13: by James (new)

James Newman | 7 comments I love that show.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

My review of Tim Hallinan's Poke Rafferty series as posted on my Blog Thailand Footprint. Cheers.

http://peoplethingsliterature.com/201...

message 15: by Godfree (new)

Godfree Roberts | 2 comments To the wonderful books listed above, let me add three practical mini-tomes about settling in the Land of Smiles:

How to Retire in Thailand
Making Money in Thailand
Medical Insurance in Thailand

I hope they're helpful!

message 16: by James (new)

James Newman | 7 comments If you like historical fiction then The Falcon of Siam The Falcon Of Siam is a fascinating book set in Thailand.

message 17: by Mike (new)

Mike Sullivan (mikelamluka1) | 4 comments Yes. I'd like to recommend my debut novel,DEAD GIRL BEACH Its set in stunningly beautiful Koh Phangan Island, and is available at www.damnationbooks.com

Also visit my website if you like at www.mjpsullivan.com My first and second novels are posted there. Thanks and good luck to all of you.

message 18: by Jack (new)

Jack Lourens | 6 comments Only just released "King Naresuan the Great; Warrior King of Thailand" by Robert Smith http://www.amazon.com/King-Naresuan-G...