The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Wharehouse 13

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kris (new)

Kris (kvolk) Just watched the season two premire and I like what they are doing. I have to admit I am a fan of the series and was glad to see it back on. any other fans?

message 2: by Anne (last edited Jul 17, 2011 10:21PM) (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 839 comments Isn't that the season three premiere or are you one season behind?

But yeah, here's a fan. I'm a sucker for the kind of steampunky feeling of the show. It's a bit procedural at times, but it really grew on me, so I was really glad to see it was back. Great first episode, the ending (view spoiler) nearly brought tears to my eyes.

Plus, I love me some geek girls on TV, so go, Claudia!

message 3: by Peter (new)

Peter | 142 comments must go watch!!!

been a fan from the start, didn't really care for the direction that season 2 went at first, but have to see where season 3 goes

message 4: by Nick (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Syfy's product placement is so in your face as to be shameful. I'd much prefer taking 10 seconds for a Prius commercial than have Claudia stop the story, pet the car, and then spout off specs with fake admiration for it. Besides that I like the characters which is good since the episode stories are not always very strong.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne Schüßler (anneschuessler) | 839 comments Yeah, I must admit that although the show is sometimes only mediocre I absolutely adore the characters and the whole steampunk gadgets and feeling, so I'm willing to let a lot of not-brilliant things slide by.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris (kvolk) I like the new character they added to I hope he stays around for a while....season three premire is right Anne...

message 7: by Michael (last edited Jul 18, 2011 10:04AM) (new)

Michael (the_smoking_gnu) | 178 comments I gave up on Warehouse 13 after the first season thoroughly annoyed at every aspect of the show. I have to admit to still watching the pseudo Sci-Fi show Eureka mainly because I have started to cherish the mostly clichéd characters.
With Treme (I am catching up on season 2), Curb your Enthusiasm, Futurama, Ugly Americans, Breaking Bad, Torchwood, Top Gear and the guilty pleasure, grotesque comedy, True Blood, there are more than enough worthwhile shows airing at the moment.

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary (valentinew) | 118 comments The integrated car ads are a touch grating, I have to agree, although nothing else has really bothered me. I have to admit, I like the new guy (& not just 'cause I loved him as Iceman in X-Men ). I was a little disappointed in how trite the return of Myka seemed. I kinda wish they had stretched that a little farther, although I'm now intrigued as to how they're going work the team. Does Claudia actually get field work now?

I'm stuck with hulu for the moment, but luckily, both WH13 & Eureka! are carried there. I'm intrigued by where Eureka seems to be going...

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris (kvolk) Mary wrote: "The integrated car ads are a touch grating, I have to agree, although nothing else has really bothered me. I have to admit, I like the new guy (& not just 'cause I loved him as Iceman in X-Men ). ..."

I think they decided to reboot the Myka character for what ever reason...

message 10: by Peter (new)

Peter | 142 comments Kris wrote:
I think they decided to reboot the Myka character for what ever reason...

I hope not, she's one of the best characters on the show

message 11: by Neil (new)

Neil (rucknrun) My wife and I watch the show. We like it, light hearted and mindless is good every now and again.

message 12: by Leah (new)

Leah | 20 comments I've been happy with the first two episodes of season 3 though I don't care for Myka's new style :( She worked the curly hair.

message 13: by Kris (new)

Kris (kvolk) Episode 3 tis week was a good example of why I still watch this series and it also had very little of the lameness like last weeks episode.

message 14: by Kev (new)

Kev (sporadicreviews) | 648 comments I love this show even though it has it's flaws. I absolutely adore Allison Scagliotti and Saul Rubinek.