What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Three raccoons and a fox holding a frying pan

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book (new)

Book (bookworm_1999) | 1 comments In the early 1970s I remember reading a story about three raccoons and a fox [called Renard?] It was a smallish book and had coloured illustrations. From memory I can visualise the fox holding a frying pan and there was something about a boat trip. I've been trying unsuccessfully to find further information so thanks for any help anyone can give.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
Russle?

The Big White Thing?
"Three little raccoons find an abandoned bathtub and try to guess what it was designed for."

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Macaroon? Okay that doesn't really sound like your book, but now I want to read it.

"A raccoon decides to spend the winter in a child's warm home--a disagreeable child, so that his departure in the spring will not be regretted--but he selects such a nasty, spoiled little girl he can't help trying to reform her."

message 4: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments The other day I saw a title I think, Reynard. Might've been about a fox (disclaimer: haven't time to look up now). That's just off the top of my head, no idea if raccoons in it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Macaroon? Okay that doesn't really sound like your book, but now I want to read it.

"A raccoon decides to spend the winter in a child's warm home--a disagreeable child, so that his departure in t..."

Lobstergirl how many books have you added to you "to read" list based on these hunts? ;)

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
lol Corinne. I KNOW I've added a good 300 to MY TBR mountain range, so I'm sure that Lobstergirl has added a few too.

Oh, and an fyi--Reynard is French for "fox". That's why you see it used a lot for fox-type creatures.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Corinne wrote: "Lobstergirl how many books have you added to you "to read" list based on these hunts? ;) "

Honestly not that many. I'm pretty disciplined. But I can't resist anything illustrated by Evaline Ness, who used to be married to crimefighter Eliot Ness!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: ...
Honestly not that many. I'm pretty disciplined. But I can't resist anything illustrated by Evaline Ness..."

They do look like lovely illustrations. I have a great fondness for Trina Schart-Hyman. I've uploaded alot of the covers here on Goodreads for her. I still have a few to hunt down.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Book, are you still looking for this book?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response. Moving to Abandoned.