Debates > Disney Vs. Nick

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

which is better?

message 2: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) Nick is so much better, but Dinsey has Phineas of Ferb, lolz :D

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily (fieryxoxofeisty) | 13 comments Disney. It feels like nick is always trying to copy disney in some way and kind of fails at it

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

in a way disney copied nick.

Nick had TeenNick then Disney came up with Disney XD

message 5: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS -.- Ummm...They both are like...dead.

Nick was always dead and a fail.

Disney is dying.

message 6: by Mal (last edited Jul 17, 2011 01:16PM) (new)

Mal (malxox) Disney is dieing, tisk tisk tisk

Although I liked Nick but then Avatar the last airebenber had it's last episode and I never watch it anymore.

message 7: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS ..I never liked that show.

message 8: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) I was like in love with one of the characters in 5th grade, ah gud times

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Nick's only good shows are icarly and victorious. Then there is always spongebob.

message 10: by Whitlea (last edited Jul 17, 2011 01:35PM) (new)

Whitlea | 53 comments I never watched Nick as a kid, so I don't really know. I've seen a couple of their shows, but I've never actually continued watching them. I'm sure it has good enough programming, I've just never stuck around to see it.
That being said, I love Disney Channel. xD Phineas and Ferb is one of the best cartoons on TV and they have some decent shows.
Poor Cartoon Network... It never gets any love. xD

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily (fieryxoxofeisty) | 13 comments Kayla Lia Wayland Malfoy wrote: "in a way disney copied nick.

Nick had TeenNick then Disney came up with Disney XD"

you cannot even teen nick to disney xd. teen nick is teenagers in teenage situations and disney xd is teenagers in kid situations. i think that is the only point in which nick is better than disney

message 12: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments Nick.

message 13: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha both r okay, don't love either, but I can stand disney more than nick

message 14: by ♥Sky♥ (new)

♥Sky♥  | 182 comments Mod
I just like Nick because it has iCarly. I don't really watch anything on Disney. I watch ABC Family and MTV

message 15: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) My Mom HATES iCarly, I think it's funny.

message 16: by ♥Sky♥ (new)

♥Sky♥  | 182 comments Mod
Lol really? My mom loves it!

message 17: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) Yeah really, she absoulty loaths that show

message 18: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ I've never been a fan of Disney. It's always been rather obnoxious and shallow and not funny, in my opinion.

But I'm not a big fan of anything on (modern) Nickelodeon either. A lot of their shows nowadays are awful. iCarly ... don't even get me started. That show makes me want to rip off my ears. All they do is scream in the camera! O_o *twitches* Some of the old school Nick 'toons were great ... Like Hey Arnold, SpongeBob, Fairly OddParents, etc. The latter two have newer episodes, but they stopped being good years ago ...

The only (most recent) exception for me is Avatar: The Last Airbender (which was on Nickelodeon). That show was fan-freaking-tastic. I still rewatch it. Over and over. It's so good. Unfortunately there's only 54 episodes of it. *sobs*

message 19: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) I love that show to! Their makeing a new series based off of that show and it comes out like mid 2012

message 20: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Yeah, I know! Legend of Korra ... I can't wait. Apparently it's going to be kinda steampunk, and darker than the original series. *fangirls* I want to see it so badly. <3

message 21: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) Ditto! Only it makes me sad because my fav. character was Zuko and he is probably like dead and if not he's like really old and gross.

message 22: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Ohmigod, I love Zuko. HE IS SO SHMEXY. Such a fascinating character too. Yeah, I'm sad all the characters from the original are going to be either dead or really, really old ... like, 100. lol. But, oh well. Hopefully the new characters will also be cool. Seeing as how pretty much all the characters from The Last Airbender are amazing, I trust that the new characters will also rock.

message 23: by Emily (new)

Emily (fieryxoxofeisty) | 13 comments i LOVVVVVVE zuko! i don't want to see him as an old man so i'm hoping most of the old characters are, not to be negative, dead(from natural causes)

message 24: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Yeah, they'll probably all be dead, seeing as it takes place a century later, I believe...

message 25: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) I'm pretty sure they said he dies, but not positive. I do know that Aang is dead and he had a son though

message 26: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments i luv them both but i think that alot of nicks shows are sooo stupid

message 27: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments I LOVE Avatar and Zuko. I was always a fan of some sort of Katara-Zuko relationship.

Peeta Mellark Lover | 152 comments I like them both i liked disney for hannah montana and wizards when i was younger and i like nick for victorious and i carly. now i watch abc family and mtv which is more mature to me.

Peeta Mellark Lover | 152 comments Avatar was a really good show i always liked aang and katara

message 30: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Madelyn wrote: "I LOVE Avatar and Zuko. I was always a fan of some sort of Katara-Zuko relationship."

NOOOOOO.

I really don't understand the appeal to Zutara. It would just be ... so strange. I think the only reason most people are on that "team" is because Zuko is sexy while Aang is ... you know, an awkward little child. :P But really, Kataang makes a lot more sense.

This is coming from someone whose sisters are both rabid Zutara fans. I get into this debate an awful lot.

message 31: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ So like OMG. Nickelodeon is now going to have a 90's time slot, in which they'll rerun All That, The Amanda Show, Hey Arnold! ... a bunch of other things. GAAHH I'm so freaking psyched.

message 32: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Unfortunately, Legend of Korra will be a miniseries. *sobs*

WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE ABOUT KATAANG.
THIS PAIRING MAKES NO SENSE.
ZUTARA.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anyway, I vote Nickelodean. Between Nictoons Network, Teen Nick, Original Nick; it's SO much better than Disney Channel garbage.

Nick has Danny Phantom, Hey Arnold, Avatar, Three Delivery, EVERYTHING GOOD IN LIFE.
Disney Channel...has nothing.

message 33: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Thalia wrote: "Unfortunately, Legend of Korra will be a miniseries. *sobs*

WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE ABOUT KATAANG.
THIS PAIRING MAKES NO SENSE.
ZUTARA.

Anyway, I vote Nickelodean. Between Nictoons Network, Teen N..."

Gah, I know. MINISERIES MY BUTT. I want a whole series!!! D:<

NOOO. *ROARS* ZUTARA IS STUUUUPID. Like, I actually don't understand it at all. What is the argument supporting this pairing? Kataang makes perfect sense. Katara and Aang are friends throughout all three seasons and go through so much crap together, and they're just so freaking adorable! Katara and Zuko really only know each other in season 3, and even then she doesn't even accept him until like halfway through the season. So, I DON'T GET IT!

I agree ... Disney Channel is just terrible. I can't think of any Disney show I ever liked. :/

message 34: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) EXCEPT THAT ZUKO THREW HIMSELF IN FRONT OF A FRIGGIN LIGHTNING BOLT FOR HER.

Aang is like....thirteen years old. And he and Katara have moments where he tries to force his feelings on her. Like when they went to see the show about them? Katara says she's confused, Aang decides that's a good time to kiss her, Katars yells at him.

Katara sees Zuko try to change somewhere in season two, and they share a beautiful moment in Ba Sing Se at the end of season two, where Katara nearly uses her healing water to try and fix Zuko's face, even after everything he's done to them. And after his betrayal, she keeps careful watch when he tries to join them. And he does everything he can to prove himself to her, and goes with her when she wants to take revenge on the man who killed her mother. Aang tries to stop her, but Zuko knows revenge, and knows it's something Katara needs to do.

I'M RANTING, BUT I LOVE THE TWO OF THEM SO MUCH, I COULD DIE.

Brigid, have you noticed that we agree and disagree on the strangest things? XD

message 35: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Thalia wrote: "EXCEPT THAT ZUKO THREW HIMSELF IN FRONT OF A FRIGGIN LIGHTNING BOLT FOR HER.

Aang is like....thirteen years old. And he and Katara have moments where he tries to force his feelings on her. Like wh..."

Yeah, because she wasn't even involved in that fight. She was like ... an innocent bystander, while the fight was between him and Azula, and Azula was using Katara because she knew a) Zuko wouldn't expect it, and b) that if she killed Katara, Zuko would beat himself up over it and blame himself because she knows that's his weakness.

So? Katara is 14! And I don't think Aang was forcing his feelings on her; it's just that he's very in touch with his feelings and very open about them, having been raised by monks and all, whereas Katara is more closed off about hers and finds her emotions harder to identify ... That doesn't mean the emotions aren't there.

You kind of brush off the "betrayal" part. Yes, she agrees to help him very selflessly, even after everything he did. But right after that he tries to kill her best friend! Even though he proves himself after that, I don't think that's such great boyfriend material. "Oh, sure, I've become a better person ... JUST KIDDING!" Aang, on the other hand, is loyal to her all along.

Don't you remember how that episode ended, though? (The one about revenge, I mean.) Katara took Aang's advice and didn't get revenge on the man who tried to kill her mother. Zuko thought she needed revenge, but what she really needed was closure ... peaceful closure.

Haha yes, that's so true. ;) lol!

Peeta Mellark Lover | 152 comments Hey Brigid when are they starting this 90's thing?

message 37: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Aang is just so quick to throw around the word "love". He's fascinated with her from the very beginning; he's more immature and goes overboard with the "NOBODY I CARE ABOUT CAN HELP ME FIGHT THIS BATTLE" thing. I didn't see that as Azula's motive at all, for firing at Katara. Maybe that's more of a perspective thing, but almost everyone I talked to, team Zuko or team Aang, saw that as something special between Katara and Zuko; he wanted to protect her, and he was willing to die for that.

Zuko undergoes a lot. And maybe I suppot him a lot more because I like his character better, and I always feel that the ones who change and grow the most, in order to gain the trust of people they care about, should be with the girl they're attacted to and (let's face it), Katara likes him, too. (In fact, I still think Christine should have been with the Phantom and not Raoul, hahaha.)

The thing isn't the final outcome (revenge episode). It's that Zuko was willing to go with her and help her achieve what she thought she wanted. He supported her when she wanted revenge, and she supported her when she chose closure. Aang was going to stop her, and Katara needed to feel all those emotions and come to the decision to not kill that man for herself, not have someone else tell her about it.

Zuko changed his character a lot. He turned his back on everything he knew, did a 360 in personality, and a lot of that was for Katara. I find that a lot more romantic than not changing a thing and just keep on keeping on. The strongest relationships are ones that overcome a lot of traisl, and Zuko had Katara had more of them than Aang did.

message 38: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Miranda wrote: "Hey Brigid when are they starting this 90's thing?"

I don't think they've decided yet. They've just announced that it's going to happen.

message 39: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Thalia wrote: "Aang is just so quick to throw around the word "love". He's fascinated with her from the very beginning; he's more immature and goes overboard with the "NOBODY I CARE ABOUT CAN HELP ME FIGHT THIS B..."

Yes, he was willing to die for her. But that was because she was innocent, not because he was devoted only to her. What I mean is, that part was meant to convey that he had become selfless, entirely different from who he was in the beginning. If it had been anyone else standing in Katara's place, he would have done the same thing.

I know Zuko goes through a lot. And don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore him. He's a more complex and interesting character than Aang is. But I don't think he wanted to be with Katara. He didn't merely prove himself to get Katara's acceptance; he did it because he had to help Aang so that he could save the world. And he did end up with the girl he was attracted to ... Mai. (Although goodness knows why. I hated her.)

But what was Aang supposed to do––stand back and let her do something he knew she would regret? Of course he was going to try to talk sense into her. He'd been through the same thing, if not something worse ... The Fire Nation took basically everything from him, and at times he wanted revenge on them, but realized it would amount to nothing but more violence. Even if revenge is what Katara thought she wanted, it was best to talk her out of it, because anyone who thought it through would realize it was a bad idea and that it would only result in her becoming more depressed.

Kind of repeating myself here, but he did not do all that for Katara. He did it because he knew that, otherwise, his father and sister were going to take over the world and kill innocent people. I think a lot of his motivation for proving himself actually comes more from his mother, who was the only person who ever accepted him for being non-violent and wanted him to care about the greater good rather than power.

... Just want to say, this debate has made me realize just how amazingly deep this show is. Haha. ;)

message 40: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) At the same time, Zuko could have just been like, "Okay. Whatever. I'm in the group; I don't need everyone to like me." But he fought to make sure that Katara knew he'd changed, because he'd wronged her so badly in Ba Sing Se. He wanted to fix that, and whether that's just because he wanted to right a wrong, or because he cares about Katara, we can't know for sure.

(I'm pretty sure everyone hated Mai. "I don't hate you." "I don't hate you, either." I'm just gonna *stab*)

Katara needed to make that choice herself. if Aang had stopped her, a part of her would always be wondering, always thinking, "I could have brought justice". Having someone tell you to have closure isn't the same as achieving it for herself. She needed to look into that man's eyes and choose right from wrong for herself. It's not something someone else can give to you. And if she'd listened to him, I think a part of her would have resented Aang for stopping her.

Like I said, Zuko could have cared less what Katara thought of him, since everyone else accepted him into the group. But he did fight to make sure she trusted him; and he didn't have to.

But, like I also said, we can't know for sure. The creators of the show itself were at ends with each other over Kataang vs. Zutara. One of them wanted Kataang, one of them wanted Zutara. So, everything that happened between all the characters could have been taken either way, since the two of them admitted they had no clue what the final outcome would be. XD

Avatar is SO DEEP. Like, the deepest cartoon ever.
And what with the ending about Zuko's mom. ;-; That wasn't fair.

Peeta Mellark Lover | 152 comments okay thank you!

message 42: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Whitlea wrote: "I never watched Nick as a kid, so I don't really know. I've seen a couple of their shows, but I've never actually continued watching them. I'm sure it has good enough programming, I've just never s..."

XDD LOL

message 43: by linaaaa ~ (new)

linaaaa ~ (iwubu) | 36 comments I LUV BIG TIME RUSH <3 ON NICK

message 44: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments Thalia wrote: "EXCEPT THAT ZUKO THREW HIMSELF IN FRONT OF A FRIGGIN LIGHTNING BOLT FOR HER.

Aang is like....thirteen years old. And he and Katara have moments where he tries to force his feelings on her. Like wh..."

I totally agree. Zutara all the way!

message 45: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) *fistpump*

message 46: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Whatever Zutara is..um, I'm confused

message 47: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments luhvBOOKS wrote: "Whatever Zutara is..um, I'm confused"

It's Avatar the Last Airbender--the people in favor of a Zuko-Katara relationship.

message 48: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) Avatar...
The belief that Zuko and Katara are soulmate.
Zuko/Katara
are.
soulmates.

message 49: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn (mad31lina) | 309 comments Thalia wrote: "Avatar...
The belief that Zuko and Katara are soulmate.
Zuko/Katara
are.
soulmates."

Yes. They are.

message 50: by luhvBOOKS (new)

luhvBOOKS Um, well i dont know...so ummmm