Amazon Kindle discussion

Reviewer's Haven > What goes here?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ralph Gallagher (last edited Jul 21, 2011 12:37PM) (new)

Ralph Gallagher | 327 comments Mod
This a new section of our group for our indie authors to solicit reviews of their books.

Those members who are interested in receiving review copies are to create a thread for themselves in this area. In that thread, mention the types of books you like to read and don't like to read, how often you read, where else you post reviews, etc. Anything that you think would help authors determine if their books would be a good match for you.

Authors: You can go through this thread and look at the different reviewers. If you find a reviewer who likes reading the type of book you right, you can leave a comment on their thread asking if they'd be interested in reviewing your books. Please try to make sure that your book is a good fit for the reviewer - ie, if they say they don't like romance novels and you write romance novels, please don't ask them to review your book.

A note for authors: The reviews provided here will (should) be honest, unbiased reviews. You are not guaranteed to get a good review and may not harass any reviewer who gives you a bad review. Any reviewer who feels they're being harassed by an author should immediately contact me through private message.

Reviewers are free to discuss possible reviews in their thread or through Goodreads messaging, or if they wish, offsite on a blog or through email. =)

Denna wrote: "I enjoy reading paranormal romance, fantasy, some erotica, horror, and light science fiction. I don't care so much for mysteries, western, or historical. If the story is holding my interest I can ..."

Please create your own thread within this area so that the authors can easily find you without having to read through this thread.

message 3: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Schuh | 38 comments My comment soliciting reviews was delete. Have I misread the intent of this group?

"This a new section of our group for our indie authors to solicit reviews of their books..."

Eileen wrote: "My comment soliciting reviews was delete. Have I misread the intent of this group?

"This a new section of our group for our indie authors to solicit reviews of their books...""

This area is for reviewers to post that they're looking for books to review. Authors are then free to go through those postings and request reviews from those authors that have posted.

message 5: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Schuh | 38 comments Oh. I thought it was the other way around--that authors could outline their genre/book and seek out reviewers. It makes sense to me that this would be a two-way forum. Reviewers could come here to check out books of interest and authors could come here to check out available and interested reviewers. No?

I guess I have to just keep checking back to see if any reviewers of the type I'm seeking have posted. A little bizarre...But then this industry is bizarre. The world is bizarre. I think I'll find another (saner) universe into which to slip.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Oliver (lisa_oliver) | 5 comments Hi authors,
I read a variety of topics, fiction and non-fiction. In fiction I love the fantasy romances, thrillers and murder mysteries as well as chick-lit. In non-fiction I read just about anything at all - I have a life long love of reading and learning about new things.

Please note that with regards to reviews I prefer only to post positive reviews on Amazon. If I am offered a book that I can't find anything nice to say about it, I prefer to email the author and let them know my comments rather than leave them on Amazon. If this is not something you agree with then please don't ask me for a review. It is just my personal stance on the issue made because I am a writer too :)

Thank you
Lisa

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather Boustead (ReflectionsofaBookWorm) | 2 comments Hi I write a book review blog
http://bookwormrflects8.blogspot.de/

I review just about any genre if you want more information check out my review policy or email me :)

message 8: by Tom (new)

Tom Gabbay (tomgabbay) | 4 comments My new novel, BAQUBA, was a tough book to write. I am looking for honest feedback and reviews. "A harrowing read—violent & visceral. Brings us deep into the rattled psyches of former soldiers."

FREE DOWNLOAD today at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Baquba-ebook/dp...

BAQUBA by Tom Gabbay

message 9: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Jones (darlene_jones) | 55 comments I'm a bit confused about how this thread works, I'm looking for reviewers. My books can be seen at www.emandyves.com They are scifi/romance/adventure stoties.

message 10: by M.K. (new)

M.K. Turner (mkt127) | 22 comments Lisa wrote: "Hi authors,
I read a variety of topics, fiction and non-fiction. In fiction I love the fantasy romances, thrillers and murder mysteries as well as chick-lit. In non-fiction I read just about any..."

Hi Lisa,
I have write Murder Mystery - British Detective is this something you would be interested in reviewing? Are you still reviewing? I'm knew here and just noted your post was in April 12
Look forward to hearing from you.
Marcia

message 11: by Lavada (new)

Lavada (kraftyvada) | 17 comments I am a reviewer and an avid reader! I love to read mystery/thrillers with a strong female lead. I post in Amazon & GRs and will post on another site if author wants and I can figure out how to do it! I only post positive reviews as I do not like to post negativity. I can let the author know I've had trouble with the book if they want. I do email the author when I post my reviews if I have their email address so they know I have completed the book and the reviews are posted. I do not post spoilers and my reviews do not include typos etc. normally the book I'm reviewing is in process of being corrected or a draft. I read the book for content and enjoyment. I hope this thread is still active. Authors please keep me in mind. Since I started reviewing, I have dealt and come friends with several authors! If I enjoy the book I love to stay in touch!

message 12: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Trundle (RyanTrundle) | 4 comments Very funny Children’s and adult book Harry Bobbington will be free today. Get your Ecopy while you can, It has been pre rated as 5 STAR before it was released. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Bobbing...
#Fun #Funny #SuperStories #Childrensbooks #JamPacked #Rated #Kindle #Paperback
Harry Bobbington

message 13: by Vaughan (new)

Vaughan Humphries | 5 comments Lisa wrote: "Hi authors,
I read a variety of topics, fiction and non-fiction. In fiction I love the fantasy romances, thrillers and murder mysteries as well as chick-lit. In non-fiction I read just about anyth..."

Hi Lisa,

I would like to please request a review from you for my urban fiction book "Like a Shag on a Rock."

The Kindle edition is 99p/99c and I am also exclusive to Amazon and available for free download on the Lending Library, Matchbook and Kindle Unlimited.

However, if you would prefer, I can send you a pdf copy for free.

This is the link to my novel:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A0P6WL6

Thank-you very much for your time and consideration.

Vaughan

message 14: by Molly (new)

Molly McHugh | 1 comments I am open to all genres, love reading new things and simply appreciate good writing.

Mine is on bipolar illness.

Can email if want: molly (@) mollymchugh.com.

Available anytime, do honest, detailed reviews only.

NO spam please.

message 15: by Gill (new)

Gill Mather | 22 comments Gill Mather
Don't understand. The most recent post shown was in 2015 and I can't click on 'newest'. It would be better to see up to date posts rather than 5-year-old ones that may no longer apply. Could you advise please. I'm an author and I'd like some reviews but would prefer to approach readers who have posted more recently.

message 16: by Allyssa (new)

Allyssa Smith | 3 comments I review on Goodreads. I like
-Star Wars
-some hard science fiction
- non-fiction
-space non-fiction
No spam please. It may take me a while to read your book. Copies given to me must work on Kindle and must be free for me. I also don't get paid to give 5 Star reviews.

message 17: by Eric (new)

Eric Heard | 1 comments I am a new writer and looking for visibility for my book. Here is the link to my book:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

The purpose of this book is an awkward discussion of Eric Heard's life to his son. He talks about his life in a candid way that tries to explain his anxiety as an African American dad. It is an open and honest account of his life through the life of a child that has been through a lot in his life. It is a reflection on his life that has been shaped by his childhood experiences.

If the book interests you, please email at ericlheard@hotmail.com or message me. Thanks.

message 18: by Michael (new)

Michael LaFond (michaellafond) | 12 comments Heather wrote: "Hi I write a book review blog
http://bookwormrflects8.blogspot.de/

I review just about any genre if you want more information check out my review policy or email me :)"

Hi Heather, an editorial review for my book just posted: https://bookreviewdirectory.com/2021/...

Let me know if this interests you. Thank you.