Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Recommendations > Anyone know of any good YA Horror books?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Stormi (BMReviewsohmy) (bmreviewsohmy) I am looking for some good recommendations for YA Horror books. Old or New it doesn't matter but I am wanting to do a Frightfest on my blog in October and thought it would be cool to add some YA books to the list.

message 2: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latashamd) | 58 comments I think The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan is pretty freaky. Post-apocalyptic world full of zombies

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa_wy) | 112 comments Latasha wrote: "I think The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan is pretty freaky. Post-apocalyptic world full of zombies"

EXCELLENT Series!!

also... Hollowland (The Hollows, #1) by Amanda Hocking another YA zombie goodie!

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa_wy) | 112 comments oooooh...you may also like Don't Breathe a Word by Jennifer McMahon It's not really horror, but it is dark and creepy story!

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 44 comments Don't forget Rot & Ruin (Benny Imura, #1) by Jonathan Maberry . Yet another post-apocalyptic book with zombies. Really good!!!

There is also the Cirque du Freak series by Darren Shan. It starts with Living Nightmare (Cirque Du Freak Series #1) by Darren Shan . And Goosebumps for the slightly younger crowd. Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) by R.L. Stine is the first in the series.

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (scribingshadows) I haven't read it but I was told about it and was also told that it is YA Horror.

Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann the scene I was told from this makes me think this is a psychological horror.

And Feed by Mira Grant. - zombie Horror

message 8: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (kristinalawhead) Cryers Cross is supposed to be horror but I thought it was kind of dumb, but that's just me! There were some creepy parts but it was soooooo slow that it wasn't worth the wait! I DO agree that zombie horror is super creepy and totally second Feed by Mira Grant or the forest of hands and teeth series!

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides (upsight) | 36 comments One Bloody Thing After Another - not YA but it has one young teenager main character. Like Feed, it is probably suitable for mature YAs.

message 10: by Janet (new)

Janet | 80 comments Here are other reviews for Mira Grant's Feed and Deadline if you want to pingback. They're thriller/horror.

I'd say Carrie Ryan's The Forest of Hands and Teethseries is more of a YA romance/self-discovery dystopian story than a straight horror, but if you want to call it horror there are enough zombies to make that work.

I second the recommendation for Rick Yancey's The Monstrumologist and The Curse of the Wendigo - those are dark monster horror, and they stand out as very different from the dystopian zombie trend.

message 11: by Lily (new)

Lily (lily_crussell) | 9 comments My YA Paranormal Romance is free for the next five days as a Christmas present to all you lovely people, so take advantage and let me know what you think! Merry Christmas my fellow booklovers!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Darkness-Ligh...
Has horror elements x

Cassi aka Snow White Haggard | 2261 comments Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake is kinda a horror novel. It's EXCELLENT either way. YA does a lot of genre blending

message 13: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Cassi aka Snow White wrote: "Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake is kinda a horror novel. It's EXCELLENT either way. YA does a lot of genre blending"

I enjoyed Anna.

message 14: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd | 415 comments And while I haven't read them yet, I hear good things about(and look forward to reading) The Enemy (The Enemy, #1) by Charlie Higson . (The first in a trilogy)

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin (erin-aleta) The Pricker Boy by Reade Scott Whinnem

House of Stairs by William Sleator

Torn (Wicked Dead #2) by Stefan Petrucha
The Baby-Sitter (Point Horror, #5) by R.L. Stine

The House of Dead Maids by Clare B. Dunkle

Newes from the Dead by Mary Hooper Don't know if horror is the right word, more like horrifying!

Brother/Sister by Sean Olin Darren ShanFrank Peretti

The Boy Who Couldn't Die by William Sleator

Project 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Pandemonium by Daryl Gregory