European Royalty discussion

European Royalty Group Reads > From Splendor to Revolution - Overall

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments Feel free to discuss anything about From Splendor to Revolution: The Romanov Women, 1847-1928 in this thread. If you (and others) are here, you (and they) have finished the book, so don't worry about posting spoilers. If you haven't finished the book, you may not want to read anything here yet!

Also, please let us know how you rated the book (3/5, 4 of 5, however you choose)!

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 188 comments This was a hard book for me to read because there were SO many people involved and I'm SO bad with names. I had to keep looking people up on Wikipedia to remind myself who they were.

But it's definitely given me a good overview about this period of Russian history. I realized when Alexander II was assassinated just how ignorant I was about the Russian Revolution - I had no idea how brutally he was murdered! But no matter how many times I hear about the assassinations of the Romanov's, it never fails to disturb me.

I hope others join the read later because I really felt this was worth reading.

I gave it four stars - here's my full review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...