being a teen discussion

Your Minor/Major Problems

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kübra ℂ⋆  (khadija_kubraa) Do you have any minor or major problems that you will like to share with us? We have many people in this group that I am sure would like to help you out. If you’re shy, don’t worry coz I’m sure everyone here wont judge or hate on you for your opinion/view/beliefs.

And I have a little something for everyone out there who need that little bit of push to rise up!

"Who Honours those we love for the very life we live? Who sends monsters to kill us...and at the same time sings that we'll never die? Who teaches us what's real...and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend? Who chains us...and who holds the key that can set us free? It's you. You have all the weapons you need. NOW FIGHT!"

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice quote. Who said that?

My problems. I have the most bizarre dreams. Most of them don't make any sense. Some of them consist of my romantic fantasies. Is there a way to get rid of those or do I have to live with them?

Also, I am always stuck talking to myself. There's like a bickering in my head all the time. Is there anyway to get rid of that also? Because I am sure I am insane even though my friends say I'm not!

Kübra ℂ⋆  (khadija_kubraa) Haha, thnx! Its from suckerpunch. The movie was shit but the meaning was wow-it had a good meaning at the end.

Jacqueline, dreams...everyone has them. It is not something you can just – put away and lock it forever – they will always be with you since the end of your time or more specifically your death.

But...I have the same problem and I find that if I don’t want to dream a dream tonight I merely just say out loud “No dreaming tonight” a couple of times in bed and then go to sleep. I think you kind of take over and give your own signal to the brain on what you do and don’t want >>>> just a theory though.

Funny thing I have that talking to.......but mine could be a little less than yours. My talking happens at night, but for me that’s a time to think. You are not crazy or going insane. It’s just you trying to figure out/solve stuff. It’s common. You just have to learn how to control it.
Hope I helped 

message 4: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 357 comments Everyone has a show to put on, and I suppose some problems too.

Aye. This would make a good blog post.

Minor:
-I tend to take things too seriously
-I am experiencing cramps right now @_@
-I still need to update my blog more
-I need to practice asking questions and talking in general: I haven't spoken in awhile since the keyboard and music does all the talking for me!
- I don't have a whole lot to eat right now. But that's probably due to my lack of motivation to cook at the moment :-P

Major:
-I am a girl who wants to be without a gender
-Society
-I don't have a lot of money and there isn't a good job for any hour+ car ride :-/
- I have a paranoid father and it kind of gets in the way of my relationship with my sweetheart :-/

Kübra ℂ⋆  (khadija_kubraa) Hmmm, that is allot to take in. You seem to be coping well though.
Well, I can’t seem to help you much over the internet/PC/cyber space :P

You have really given me much to work with........but I can see that you are in love. Am I correct? This alone should help you take on the world.
How old are you? Are you old enough to get your driver’s license? You could start up your own business.........like selling stuff on eBay. I find that helps allot of people who cannot get a very good job or just need the extra money.

Is your dad paranoid because of something he went through or is has he always been like that?

For the talking, try writing down speeches and performing them infront of the mirror several times a day. You can find that your capability and confidence has grown, or if your still going to school – try out for the debate team, or host some school productions.
As for the gender, well that is all entirely up to you......

Eating, eating will help you grow, think, and do things better. Food is one source that helps you live. If i were you i wouldn’t lack on the food, it could affect your future.
Hope i helped. 

message 6: by Anony-miss (last edited Jul 17, 2011 08:58PM) (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 357 comments I'm going to be opening up an Etsy account soon, so I might spare some money on that site. You might want to check it out: people sell crafts and vintige-y stuff on there, so it isn't as crowded as eBay.

Well .. my parents had me when they were pretty young, so I suppose his own past is shadowing that.

Thanks! I like to help people out too, but I find I am in a lot of ruts during summer.

Kübra ℂ⋆  (khadija_kubraa) That seems like a great idea. Work from your house if you can’t go out into the world and work. I wish you the best of luck for that.
As for your dad, maybe you should cut him some slack.......like take him out on picnics, make him dinner. Make him proud. I’m sure you have already accomplished that last bit, but sort of give him back the life he never had. That could make him less paranoid......make him trust you 100%.
No worries, anytime.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

~ Alexis Babiiee ℂ⋆ ~ ♥*I'm not Afraid*♥ wrote: "Haha, thnx! Its from suckerpunch. The movie was shit but the meaning was wow-it had a good meaning at the end.

Jacqueline, dreams...everyone has them. It is not something you can just – put away a..."

Thanks.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Tenebris In Lux wrote: "Everyone has a show to put on, and I suppose some problems too.

Aye. This would make a good blog post.

Minor:
-I tend to take things too seriously
-I am experiencing cramps right now @_@
-I sti..."

That happens to me too. I don't talk much, but my violin and writing help express me more. I'm working on that issue as well.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

~ Alexis Babiiee ℂ⋆ ~ ♥*I'm not Afraid*♥ wrote: "Hmmm, that is allot to take in. You seem to be coping well though.
Well, I can’t seem to help you much over the internet/PC/cyber space :P

You have really given me much to work with........but I..."

For me, I'm not very specific. I'm only specific when I'm writing a description down. Of course that means I probably have to write down something before I say it. And obviously I can't always do that!

message 11: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Tenebris In Lux wrote: "I'm going to be opening up an Etsy account soon, so I might spare some money on that site. You might want to check it out: people sell crafts and vintige-y stuff on there, so it isn't as crowded a..."

What will you be selling? If you sell any medieval like items I may buy something lol. I'm thinking about setting one up for Chainmaille items my self.

message 12: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 357 comments Maybe, that would be nice. I have an interest in Medieval weapons, but sadly, don't make those [yet] :-)

Hmm. You might see steampunk jewlery, DIY clothing (clothing I've made myself with original slogans or cartoons), artwork (usually watercolors), etc.

message 13: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Oh blacksmithing :P. By medieval I mean anything. Jewelry, clothing(Especially clothing actually), weapons, armor, etc etc.

message 14: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 357 comments Oh. I've seen a blacksmith before -- pretty cool!

I like medieval clothing too, but I haven't got to that yet.

message 15: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) If you market to the right people it's good quality, and you make historically accurate pieces you can get a ton of business.

message 16: by Kübra ℂ⋆ (new)

Kübra ℂ⋆  (khadija_kubraa) IM glad ppl are helping each other. Im glad i made this topic! :)

message 17: by Isabella (new)

Isabella | 1 comments my problem-i cut myself when im sad

does anyone know how i can stop or something i can substitute for cutting? please, i need help and i don't know where to turn

message 18: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 357 comments I have these things called "quick fixes" that I do. Every summer, I get really depressed and unmotivated. And then I find a "quick fix." It changes every summer.

The brain is a funny thing. Negative emotions aren't supposed to linger, but sometimes they find a way in. I do not know why people cut exactly, for people have different reasons why they cut. It varies from people.

This summer, I suck on honey when I feel a panic attack coming. I know it sounds odd, but just being rolled up inside my large black comforter and sucking gingerly on a little bit of sweet, local honey? That helps me a lot.

Last summer, I listened to my favorite music. When listening to music that pleases you, your brain releases a chemical called dopamine -- pretty much a natural "high." Music has been proven to heal people. But the music you listen to? I actually listen to sad music when I'm sad, because I find that happy music makes me more depressed. But whatever floats your boat. You know what snapped me out of my worst depression? Punk rock! I guess you can say it saved my life :-)

I also journal, write down how I feel. This also sounds kind of silly to a lot of people, but just organizing your thoughts makes you feel more .. in control, like you know what you are handling at the moment. I do not suggest going back and reading sad or negative entries that you have written, because it might bring back those negative feelings.

If you really are stuck in a rut and have no clue to what to do, I suggest seeing someone. I'm hoping that someone else will come to this thread and help you, too.