Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent question

Predictions for next book!
Allen ABH Allen Jul 16, 2011 11:24PM
what do you think will happen in the next book?

I bet that Will isn't dead. Tris shot at him without looking, so he's probably just injured.

Also, I think that they'll try to find other people who are divergent in order to create a new government, one that can look at more than one aspect.

Betrayal and revolution. Christina finds out the truth that Tris killed Will and tries to kill her. And to the final end she gets captured by Jeanine.

I seriously have no idea what its gonna be about. I hope Christina comes back, she was my favorite character.

I just want to know why they're being locked in. That's the question that's been bothering me ever since I finished the book.

i didnt even know there was going to be a next book?

I think Will isn't dead, because when Tris shot him, she wan't really paying attention

IF Will really died then Christina might seek revenge. I bet we'll see A lot more of Tris's family & possibly a love triangle with her, Four, and Uriah.

zara Veronica roth already said there won't be a love triangle. HOORAY!! ...more
Dec 18, 2011 01:30PM · flag

Mithrendiel (last edited Oct 31, 2011 10:17PM ) Oct 31, 2011 09:34PM   0 votes
Hmm - well I think it's clear our rag tag group of heroes will be hiding out with Amity. That's where those left in Abnegation were heading at the end of Divergent, and the cover of Insurgent has the Amity tree on it (although it seems to be loosing all of it's leaves which might be telling in and of itself - war destroying Amity and all). It's likely the peace loving faction will willingly shelter the remnants of Abnegation, and maybe some of the Dauntless. Erudite will probably take control of the government and it won't be long until they bring the fight to the "rebels" in Amity. Or maybe Tris and crew will bring the fight to them. Rarr! One can only hope. : )

I'm also HOPING we'll get a chance to see what's beyond the gate, as Amnity is the only faction allowed outside the city. Maybe folks will hide out in the marshlands? I'm incredibly curious about what happened to the world.

I felt the ending did make a way into the next book. I think they may pick up shortly after the train ride. Her brother will have something to say about her display of affection with Four and how shield can wield a weapon..

They could possibly meet up with their old neighbors unless they were killed.

I also agree with the others that Christina and Will. Though I could care less about the two of them. They turned their backs on Tris when she needed them the most. Who's to say they wouldn't do it again?

i think, personally, that you're all in denial. will is dead. dead as disco. get over it. thanks.

i also think that peter is going to take over the world ay!!!

I think Fours evil Dad will try to get the computer box thing they took.

I think we'll see a lot more of Tris dealing with her grief and issues. And I think that we're going to get to know Caleb (Tris brother) a lot more....and I think that there's going to be something about Four and his dad....idk what, either a reconciliation (not like Four completely forgives him but isn't afraid of him anymore) or a blow up and Four wins out over his dad....idk.....

I hope Christina is in the second book, but Tris said she hoped she never saw her again so she might not be in it. I also hope Peter gets a change of heart and helps Tris

insurgent: person who revolts against civil authority or an established government; especially : a rebel not recognized as a belligerent

thats whats going to happen=)
lol i know i put something obvious down.

I didn't know Divergent was part of a trilogy! There was no giant cliffhanger at the end of it like with the Hunger Games for example, so I thought it was a stand alone book. I'm glad I have two more books to look forward to :). Tris is one of my favorite female protagonists.

I think in the next book we'll see more disputes involving other factions. In the first book it was mainly a conflict between Erudite, Dauntless, and Abnegation, but I think in this book we'll see how Candor and Amity get involved in the fight.

Erika it saves money, even if i check out from the library every single book i read??
Dec 20, 2011 07:55PM · flag

We discover that most people are divergent's some are just better at burying other traits.