Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies. discussion

AUTHOR PROMOTIONS > Do you have monsters or the supernatural in your world? Promote your book here.

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

C.V. Hunt (cvhunt) | 71 comments Mod
Endlessly by C.V. Hunt

message 2: by Richard (new)

Richard Farnsworth | 16 comments Gift of the Bouda by Richard Farnsworth

Hello C.V.

My novel featuring werewolves came out last month. Gift of the Bouda is actually about a Bouda, the African were-hyena legend. It features a special forces soldier attacked by a Bouda, becoming infected with lycanthropy and coming back to the world.
(Think Dog Soldiers meets Charlie Huston.)

The blurb is:
Soldiers returning from the War on Terror bring back terrors of their own, and have trouble coping with normal life after combat. But few of these terrors are as tangible as those brought home by Special Forces Captain John Rogers, who is attacked by a lycanthrope. He survives but is infected by the curse. After returning to the real world, things fall apart for John. His wife divorces him and he struggles in the grip of this new affliction. He is finally able to get some sort of a life together when he accidentally hunts in the wrong territory and has a run-in with the local werewolf pack. Honey strips at the club where John works as a bouncer, when he's not a monster. While moonlighting as a prostitute, she accidentally roles the wrong john. This john is carrying a package meant for a werewolf pack, and when they come looking for it they find John Rogers waiting.

I'm an Iraqi Freedom vet, so I have a good understanding of what it's like to leave the real world for a combat tour in the middle east, and then to come back to the real world, and struggle with trying to fit back in.

I hope you enjoy.

Thanks,
Rick
Richard Farnsworth
www.genuineapocrypha.blogspot.com

Gift of the Bouda

message 3: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

I will have to check it out. I added it to my read list. It looks like something different, and I don't know about everyone else, but different is what I'm looking for. Thanks.

message 4: by Richard (new)

Richard Farnsworth | 16 comments Thanks C
Hope you enjoy it.

message 5: by Doug (new)

Doug Lamoreux (douglamoreux) | 26 comments The walking dead leave their footprints all over my new e-novel, The Devil's Bed, at Amazon kindle store.

A first review just went up at Dead, Buried and Back (dot) com. John C. Farris calls The Devil's Bed "suspenseful", with "graphic images of horror" and "a must read!" And, as he's the son of John Farris, author of The Fury, When Michael Calls, and Dear Dead Delilah, I'm guessing he knows spooky when he reads it.

message 6: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

The Devil's Bed by Doug Lamoreux Is this the right one? If it is I will add it to my list of to reads, I am reading Richard's book right now.

message 7: by Doug (new)

Doug Lamoreux (douglamoreux) | 26 comments It is, C.V. Thanks. When you get to it, I hope it gives you a shiver.

message 8: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

Richard wrote: "Thanks C
Hope you enjoy it."

I just finished up Gift of the Bouda and I truly loved it. It was very original and you can see me review at http://authorcvhunt.blogspot.com/2011...

message 9: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

Alright people, I just wanted to announce that Legacy (Endlessly's sequel) is now available. Check it out. Legacy (Endlessly, #2) by C.V. Hunt http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-2-C-V-Hu...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, folks.

In honor of Halloween, I'm promoting my werewolf novel RUTH DE LUNE free from now through October 17. Just go here...

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

...and use this code to download a copy for free: SW79X.

See below for a synopsis, and if anybody nabs it, be sure to review it here and/or on Amazon! If you like it, tell your friends and fellow readers to grab a copy over at Amazon for only .99! Also available via iBooks!

Sixteen-year-old Ruth Walker deals with monsters like most high school losers: she pretends they don't exist—from the prettier, slimmer girls who write nasty things about her on the bathroom walls to the boys who tape dirty drawings to her locker door.

But some monsters can't be ignored, and there are worse things in the world than high school, a lesson Ruth learns when she and a young boy are savaged one night by a terrifying creature in the woods behind the school.

Now, a sinister transformation has begun in Ruth, and dark dreams are calling her into the mountains west of town, where her life as she has always known it will almost certainly come to an end, her fate forever changed by the light of a full moon.

message 11: by Mason (last edited Oct 08, 2012 08:12PM) (new)

Mason Balfour | 3 comments The rogue vampire factions of North America have come under the scrutiny of the 13th Coven, the ruling class of vampire society; a rapidly failing leadership quickly losing control over their kind. They have begun to seek new lands dangerously close to the borders of three werewolf clans of the three breeds.
Leading the endeavor is a fallen Red Marshal of the 13th Coven with her own agenda that could ignite a war. She is pursued by the werewolves of The Red Thunder Clan as well as a pack of Pure-Bloods; vampires sworn to hunt and destroy their own kind. Allied with an army of diseased and exiled vampires known as Shadow-Walkers, the fallen Red Marshal Sophia will stop at nothing in her quest to wage war against The Red Thunder Clan and any who stand against her; werewolf and vampire alike.

I'm pleased to introduce my new series; TERRITORY. Book One: The Red Thunder Clan is currently available as an eBook for $4.99 and paperback for $13.99 at TERRITORYBOOKS.COM.

Both print and eBook versions are also available from Amazon.com; eBook $5.99 and paperback $14.99.
'TERRITORY' weaves an elaborate and epic tale of horror, suspense and action unlike others of the genre. It offers a fresh look at the werewolf/vampire myths and legends of history, literature and film while giving fans and readers what they expect from the genre.
'TERRITORY' is a worth-while read for any fan of the genre, but will appeal most strongly to fans of 'BLADE', 'UNDERWORLD', 'TRUE BLOOD' and the 'WEREWOLF: the APOCALYPSE' mythology. 'TERRITORY' has been described as "Bloody and unrelenting! Every bit as entertaining and thrilling as 'UNDERWORLD' A must-read for werewolf and vampire fans." It's a hard, fast and brutal story packed with action and bloody violence, but maintains a careful balance with well-paced drama and well-crafted characters; all of which is sure to captivate the reader from the very first page and not let go.
The story is set primarily in the state of Washington and the state of Oregon and makes careful, extensive and deliberate use of real geography in the story telling to add a texture of realism, believability and authenticity seldom seen in stories of its kind.
If you're a hard-core fan of the genre or reading for the first time, you're sure to become a fan of the 'TERRITORY' series!

October 28th - 31st

Beginning October 28th the eBook version of book one in the ‘Territory’ series will be available for FREE download. You will be able to download your copy by visiting my official site, TERRITORYBOOKS.COM beginning October 28th. It will be available in ePub and Kindle formats. Current list price on my site: $4.99. You can read a sample chapter now at:

http://fang-tasticbooks.blogspot.com/....

There is an interview with me as well at that link if you're interested.

Photobucket

message 12: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Williams (Daniel_Williams) | 2 comments Hey everyone! Mace of the Apocalypse is a zombie apocalypse novel filled with human and living dead monsters.

On a beautiful spring afternoon in San Francisco a deadly toxin is released. Within hours it spreads like wildfire, consuming the entire Bay Area. A small group of survivors, desperate to stay alive, must travel through a gauntlet of raging corpses, battling their inner demons and each other along the way.

Through a priest, they gain access to a partial antidote. Holding up in a hospital in an attempt to create a safe zone, everything they believe in will be questioned. The antidote, they soon discover, is almost as dangerous as the infection.

Things unravel within their walls as a teenage gang deliberately infects themselves after receiving the partial cure. They revel in the power it gives them. Believing in their invincibility, they declare war on all who get in their way.

Alliances will be challenged. Faith will be lost. Lives will be surrendered.

None of them will ever be the same.

This is the first book of a series. The second book, "Value of Jade," was released on Sept. 20, 2012.

http://www.amazon.com/MACE-OF-THE-APO...

message 13: by Archer (last edited Dec 14, 2012 07:05PM) (new)

Archer Garrett | 1 comments Hi,

I'm a relatively new author. I don't typically write horror, but I got in the mood around Halloween and wrote a werewolf novella.

I haven't had much feedback, because it's out of my genre, so I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Phases
Phases by Archer Garrett

Free chapters here:
http://acotwf.blogspot.com/p/phases.html

Complete book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2GA2RS

Blurb:
The beginning of another long winter after the Civil War has begun in New Orleans, but this time it's different.

Unexplained, abhorrent deaths - ravaged bodies found in the Quarter - are becoming far too common, even for the Crescent City.

Now, a group of mysterious soldiers descend upon the city from a midnight train to help end the savage acts, before the precarious peace of the postbellum south dies by the light of the moon.

Approximately 15,000 Words.

Themes: Historical (Reconstruction/Postbellum Era), Southern Fiction, New Orleans, Classic Werewolf, Civil War

message 14: by Eric (new)

Eric (e_gerds) | 1 comments What makes a Vampire?

Is it the need for blood? If so, then the people who are infected with ‘the Vampire Virus’ qualify. Get the right strain and you’ll never be sick again – as long as you get regular blood transfusions. Get the wrong strain and you’re dead. When federal agencies prove inadequate to contain the new threat to public health, Congress creates The Centers for Disease Control Tactical Team, or CDCTT, to work with police across the country, helping separate fact from fiction when dealing with people who would exploit the disease for their own ends.

Haunted by his past, FBI Special Agent Andrew Taylor has pushed his way into the CDCTT but his teammates are not sure if he’s the right man for this job. When a legal battle by divorced parents over infecting an eight year old to save him from terminal cancer becomes a flashpoint, they must rely on each other to save everyone from the threat of ‘Zero,’ a madman who claims to be the ‘King of the Vampires’. Is he there to disrupt the trial, or to advance his own dark agenda?

We are now officially up for sale at Barnes and Noble

for the Kindle at Amazon.com

Barnes and Noble

It's strange that Amazon was able to get the book up for sale in about 12 hours and Barnes and Noble took 4 days. (Go Figure).

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, everyone,

My werewolf novel RUTH DE LUNE is available via Amazon, iBooks, and Barnes and Noble for only 0.99!

Check it out here...

http://www.amazon.com/Ruth-de-Lune-eb...

...and see below for a synopsis.

Happy reading,
Andy Davidson

Sixteen-year-old Ruth Walker deals with monsters like most high school losers: she pretends they don't exist—from the prettier, slimmer girls who write nasty things about her on the bathroom walls to the boys who tape dirty drawings to her locker door.

But some monsters can't be ignored, and there are worse things in the world than high school, a lesson Ruth learns when she and a young boy are savaged one night by a terrifying creature in the woods behind the school.

Now, a sinister transformation has begun in Ruth, and dark dreams are calling her into the mountains west of town, where her life as she has always known it will almost certainly come to an end, her fate forever changed by the light of a full moon.

message 16: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Rankin (jmrankin) | 31 comments Hi everyone,

My first novel, Darkness Forbidden, was published in December on Kindle, and is available at $0.99/£0.77 throughout January.

Please do take a peek here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Darkness-Forb...

The synopsis reads below.
I am grateful for any support, and thank those who have already given feedback (especially the four star review! Eeeek!!).
Big big thank you's to everyone
Jacqui

Synopsis:

What you can't have, you can never resist.

Immortal, ruthless, cunning...
Obsessed with the fatally seductive and evil Nadia, Alex Demeter finds himself intrigued by Catrina, a human with a past she cannot escape.
Disturbed by his distraction, Nadia wagers the ultimate prize -- the one thing Alex could never have.
Yet as Nadia's own games grow more sadistic, Alex's own past is brought horrifically to the surface, forcing him to face truths he would rather stay hidden.

Sparks fly in this dangerous tale of obsession as Alex and Nadia play dangerous games of sex and betrayal...

Darkness Forbidden by J.M. Rankin

message 17: by G.E. (new)

G.E. Swanson (GESwanson) | 3 comments Hi all, I'm Greg and I have a zombies series called Apocalypse Z. The series is primary about a group of young adults not only trying to survive the zombie apocalypse, but set up a place where humanity has a chance to survive and make a comeback. There is also plenty of zombies getting torn up. I have just released my second book (Apocalypse Z: Uncommon Ground) that is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

I also have a sample of the first chapter up that can be read. Be sure to check it out.

Apocalypse Z Uncommon Ground (Zombie Novel #2) by G.E. Swanson

message 18: by G.E. (new)

G.E. Swanson (GESwanson) | 3 comments C.J. wrote: "Free ebook giveaway on my horror novel Female of the Species.
A werewolf novel set in England, I will be giving away free copies to all who apply from now until Sunday 27th January.
My novel will ..."

It has been sent. Looking forward to reading it.

message 19: by G.E. (new)

G.E. Swanson (GESwanson) | 3 comments Got it, thanks.

message 20: by Annie (new)

Annie Graefnitz (anniegraefnitz) Hello everyone!
My name is Annie, and I am a writer. :) It's always so fun to say that!
Today I'm having a free promo day of my Supernatural Adventure/Romance, The Valley, on Amazon.
So please, get your copy. (follow the link below) And then...enjoy...and then...tell me what you think! Like it or love it, I always welcome feedback.
I'd love to know what you think!
If anyone has any suggestions on what I should read next, let me know! I'm always up for a great new read.
Annie
Blog: http://anniegraefnitz.blogspot.com/

message 21: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 1 comments "For every light there is a dark."

The world is not as simple as Harley Finn had always assumed. It turns out it is overrun with creatures that prey on human misery and suffering.

No stranger to misery, Harley was doing her best to enjoy the perfectly mundane life she worked hard to create for herself. But after a chance encounter with a captivating stranger, her life will never be the same

At first Levi seems like the ideal, no-strings-attached kind of guy, but Harley soon realizes that he is as dangerous as he is enticing. Suddenly, Harley finds herself plunged into a world ruled by creatures spawned from fire, light and darkness itself.

Reeling from tragedy, Harley must confront her own demons to save herself and those she loves the most. Is she willing to sacrifice her own humanity to save mankind?

Devil Inside

message 22: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Williams (Daniel_Williams) | 2 comments Mace of the Apocalypse is about the zombie apocalypse starting in San Francisco.

On a beautiful spring afternoon in San Francisco a deadly toxin is released. Within hours it spreads like wildfire, consuming the entire Bay Area. A small group of survivors, desperate to stay alive, must travel through a gauntlet of raging corpses, battling their inner demons and each other along the way.

Through a priest, they gain access to a partial antidote. Holing up in a hospital in an attempt to create a safe zone, everything they believe in will be questioned. The antidote, they soon discover, is almost as dangerous as the infection.

Things unravel within their walls as a teenage gang deliberately infects themselves after receiving the partial cure. They revel in the power it gives them. Believing in their invincibility, they declare war on all who get in their way.

Faith will be lost. Lives will be surrendered. Heroes will rise.

http://www.amazon.com/MACE-OF-THE-APO...

message 23: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Hi, folks.

Just thought I'd drop a mention for my novel, Carmilla - The Wolves of Styria.

It is a novel length re-imagining of J.S. Le Fanu's original novella, and is aimed primarily at fans of gothic horror.

The blurb:
When fate draws together the lives of two young women, their mutual attraction quickly flourishes into a bond which threatens the boundaries of social etiquette in 1860’s Styria.

As their relationship continues to develop further, they remain oblivious to the growing horror which surrounds them, as throughout the province other young women begin dying in mysterious circumstances. Meanwhile, others are falling victim to the apparently random attacks of a rampaging pack of wolves. When, finally the truth is revealed, the scene is set for a battle between two ancient evils.

Sometimes, in order to clean up a mess, it is necessary to get your own hands dirty.
General Spielsdorf.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carmilla-The-...

message 24: by David (new)

David Brian (davidbrian) Also, My novella, The Boy on the Beach, will be free to download on Amazon from April 8th until April 12th. And I'm guessing it may feature a creature who will be a new arrival on these boards. I hope you enjoy!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Boy-Beach...

A young woman finds herself alone in the night, and nothing will ever be the same again! A truly original concept in modern horror.
For fans of dark fantasy, a tale of one woman's descent into a world that just should not exist, and the journey of self discovery which she is forced to take.