[asmb] Book Club discussion

Anything Goes > [asmb] Book Club One Year Anniversay!

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (last edited Jul 16, 2011 08:51PM) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) | 703 comments Mod
In a few days, on the 21st, we'll be having our one year anniversary! How exciting is that? Probably not to many, but I think it's pretty awesome. The last few months have been a bit rocky and I sincerely apologize for that, but I think we're still doing pretty well for what it is. I really like that we've got a good core of members who are consistently here. The club wouldn't work without y'all. So thanks. =]

And here's hoping we can keep this running for another year!

message 2: by Dian, Crazy Nooooob Mod! :D (new)

Dian | 440 comments Mod
Wow has it really been a year???? That's crazysauce

message 3: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

Sure has! It is hard to believe this has been around so long now.

message 4: by Alexander (new)

Alexander (alexanderon) It brings a tear to my eye.

No, two.

message 5: by Nora aka Diva, The Diva Mod (new)

Nora aka Diva (DuctTapeDiva) | 391 comments Mod
Wow, that actually is pretty amazing!

message 6: by Dian, Crazy Nooooob Mod! :D (new)

Dian | 440 comments Mod
We rock.

message 7: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

Two tears makes you a wuss, harry. Total wuss. >_>

message 8: by Dian, Crazy Nooooob Mod! :D (new)

Dian | 440 comments Mod
That's right. It should be just one tear just like Cry Baby.

message 9: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

Exactly.

message 10: by Katt_goddess (new)

Katt_goddess | 267 comments And 20 more of these and this club can get legally drunk. :D

message 11: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

Illegality, here we come!

message 12: by Mary (new)

Mary (med401) | 234 comments It's really been a year? Wow. And I see we got some new mods. Congrats and thanks for volunteering. Better you than me(I'm lazy).

message 13: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

Sure has. It's really hard to believe it too. We're not as active as it was in the first couple weeks of being made, but it's still active enough. I really enjoy what we have now.

Figured with me disappearing and whatnot there should be a couple more folks to look after the place. I don't want it to have issues because no one is around that can take care of technical stuff. I think the members would carry it on well enough, but there's other stuff to be done too.

message 14: by Dian, Crazy Nooooob Mod! :D (new)

Dian | 440 comments Mod
yeah like tormenting each other with our new modly powers! mwahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahaha.

or something like that

message 15: by Katt_goddess (new)

Katt_goddess | 267 comments Yeah, well, one day I'll be all like super cool and be like a mod but I'll be like the greatest most powerfulest mod ever with a real office at WS because I'll be that powerful. And then you will all tremble!

Probably with laughter at the above image. :D

message 16: by Dian, Crazy Nooooob Mod! :D (new)

Dian | 440 comments Mod
True, but then I'd crash your office

message 17: by Katt_goddess (new)

Katt_goddess | 267 comments Everyone would want to crash my office because that's how awesome I would be.

I'd have to steal away some of Crofford's zombie guards and tie them up by my door for security reasons.

*snorts

message 18: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

What are you talking about Katt? You'd have to leave the [ws] vents to have yer own office... and that's like going against the laws of nature or something.

message 19: by Nora aka Diva, The Diva Mod (new)

Katt_goddess wrote: "Everyone would want to crash my office because that's how awesome I would be.

I'd have to steal away some of Crofford's zombie guards and tie them up by my door for security reasons.

*snorts"

Have you had an office before? None of them are awesome, actually they suck & you get bored in there. lol

message 20: by Katt_goddess (new)

Katt_goddess | 267 comments Yeah, leaving the vents causes all sorts of trouble. :D Just the rumour of my potentially leaving the vents could cause chaos in the building. Like crateful of hungry gerbils unleashed chaos.

And I actually have an office now. No internet, no windows, no working A/C but I'll take all that over having to deal with the public hoards of retail.

message 21: by Nora aka Diva, The Diva Mod (new)

oh ok, I agree with you on that one, even a closet sized office is better than dealing with the public in a retail setting! Course most of the time a sharp stick in the eye would be better too. lol

message 22: by Mary (new)

Mary (med401) | 234 comments I used to use my office for refuge(back when I had one). It was a place to get away from the rest of the restaurant. Sometimes I had an awful lot of paperwork to get though, depending on how crazy everyone was driving me.

message 23: by Katt_goddess (new)

Katt_goddess | 267 comments Tomorrow, I have to go through Saturday's sales, balance the tills, prep things for Tuesday, clear the accounts payables and merc credits, prep the weekly reports to mail to corp, and enter the orders for about 10 departments as fast as possible because my Monday ends once they are finally transmitted and the summary prints out. At some point in there, I probably should run an audit on the frame shop because they have new people in there now.

And after 5 years of being out on the floor during the holiday rushes, I'd be fine with this level of paperwork every single day.

message 24: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

Retail is the pits. D=

I wish I was back working in a library.

message 25: by Mary (new)

Mary (med401) | 234 comments My sister worked in the library every summer of high school. To hear her tell it, it was heaven. And all the librarians remember her fondly. They will help me with just about anything they can just because I'm her sister. Now she works at a bank. Poor thing.

message 26: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

Money and random people is the worst combination ever, I feel sorry for her.

message 27: by Mary (new)

Mary (med401) | 234 comments It's worse than that, she's the auditor so no one's happy to see her coming. But she does have a nice office.

message 28: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

Oye, that can't make for an easy job. >.<

message 29: by Dian, Crazy Nooooob Mod! :D (new)

Dian | 440 comments Mod
JK wrote: "What are you talking about Katt? You'd have to leave the [ws] vents to have yer own office... and that's like going against the laws of nature or something."

she will have to get an office if they ever deploy the teddy bears against her. its their only line of defense if she ever desides to try and take over.

message 30: by Katt_goddess (new)

Katt_goddess | 267 comments F-ing teddy bears. >:(

message 31: by Jingai (new)

Jingai | 56 comments Wow, one year already.

I must say that because of this group I have been reading more, even if they aren't necessarily the
official books of the month. I'm sorry for not being
more active, but I've just been swamped of late.
Unlike others, I'm simply to big to hide in vents,
so I end up getting easily caught.

Hopefully we can get some interest soon.

message 32: by Dian, Crazy Nooooob Mod! :D (new)

Dian | 440 comments Mod
Katt_goddess wrote: "F-ing teddy bears. >:("

you know they are there, just as a security measure. it's your one weakness.

message 33: by Dian, Crazy Nooooob Mod! :D (new)

Dian | 440 comments Mod
Jingai, I know what you mean. I honestly have a hard time reading our books, but thats mainly cause I hate deadlines one when I have to get something read. Its left over from when I was in college and had to read several hundred pages from one class to the next. For a long time I did not read after that because reading became such a chore I couldn't even enjoy regular books. But I'm glad you are reading more. You should make a thread about the books you read so others might read them and start a discussion. No one says you have to read the selected books to participate.

message 34: by Jamie (JK), Houdini Mod (new)

That's alright Jingai, neither you nor anyone else has an obligation to be active here. I'm just happy it's gotten you to read more. That's pretty awesome. =]

message 35: by Nora aka Diva, The Diva Mod (new)

Dian wrote: "Jingai, I know what you mean. I honestly have a hard time reading our books, but thats mainly cause I hate deadlines one when I have to get something read. Its left over from when I was in college ..."

hey the idea was to get people reading & you are so, that's the important part. :)

message 36: by Dian, Crazy Nooooob Mod! :D (new)

Dian | 440 comments Mod
True I've read things thru here that I'd never even considered before