We love Susan Mallery! discussion

Book Talk > What Are You Reading Now?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 437 (437 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Shellbelle (last edited Jul 17, 2011 05:06PM) (new)

Shellbelle  | 1168 comments Mod
Tell us what you are currently reading! (*This does not have to be a Susan Mallery Book, just whatever you are reading at the moment)

One of the perks of being picked to be on the Fool's Gold VCS is that I got a signed Advanced Reading Copy of Only Mine (Fool's Gold, #4) by Susan Mallery !!!!! (I was sooo excited!) I'm almost finished and I can't wait to read the rest of this trilogy!!! I have loved seeing the people from previous FG books, getting to know others better, and meeting new ones☺ You guys are going to love this!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Shell, thanks for the invite to the group. I just started reading my first book by Susan Mallery. Its Accidentally Yours by Susan Mallery . I'm half way thru and loving it.

message 4: by Kelly Lynn (new)

Kelly Lynn (lemonpink418) | 189 comments Carolyn, I reread that one a few weeks ago and it was just as good a second time, enjoy!!

I'm reading The Penalty Box by Deirdre Martin.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments Shell! I am so jealous that you got an advanced copy!

I am reading The Whisper by Carla Neggers(LOVE her!) and Inside by Brenda Novak(LOVE her!).

Carolyn, thanks for joining! Glad your liking her, I read Accidentally Yours by Susan Mallery and I loved it! I'm reading Falling For Gracie (Los Lobos, #2) by Susan Mallery now, and I'm loving it!

Hannah, it was soooo good! One of the best I have read by her so far:D I love the town of Fool's Gold:D

Dawn, what are you thinking? Liking it?

So I got distracted last night and read Everyone Loves a Hero by Marie Force in one night! It was really a sweet book, and I will def. be reading more from her♥

message 10: by ♠~Dawn~♠ (new)

♠~Dawn~♠ ♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "Dawn, what are you thinking? Liking it?"

yes I am, I really like Barrons even though he's a complete asshole lol

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments ♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "So I got distracted last night and read Everyone Loves a Hero by Marie Force in one night! It was really a sweet book, and I will def. be reading more from her♥"

Ooh, I have that book at my house but I've been unable to get passed the cover. lol

message 12: by Shellbelle (last edited Jul 22, 2011 02:29PM) (new)

Hahahah! Hannah, open it up and read!lol It's very Yummy;)

And Dawn, Barrons is a bit of an ass..... He could win an award for Jerkiest Hero EVER!LOL

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee | 4 comments I am actually re reading the Rose Cottage series by Debbie Macomber.. waiting on the next Susan Mallery, Jill Shalvis, and julie Garwood books coming out in the next month....

message 14: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) ♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "Hahahah! Hannah, open it up and read!lol It's very Yummy;)

And Dawn, Barrons is a bit of an ass..... He could win an award for Jerkiest Hero EVER!LOL"

Awww be nice to Barrons. He danced naked for Mac to one of the dumbest songs ever. lol

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Aww, Jennifer, had a good little laugh. Forgot about that part w/ Barrons dancing.

Just started Claire's book Sweet Talk (Bakery Sisters #1) by Susan Mallery . Is it just me or is Nicole a total bitch. I mean, I know that a lot of crappy stuff has happened to her, but damn can she hold a grudge. i thought I was the biggest grudge holder, but shes got me beat.

message 16: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments ♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "Hahahah! Hannah, open it up and read!lol It's very Yummy;)

And Dawn, Barrons is a bit of an ass..... He could win an award for Jerkiest Hero EVER!LOL"

I'm trying! I read about 2 chapters yesterday! lol Then I got With No Remorse by Cindy Gerard. LMAO

Carolyn, yeah, Nicole is pretty awful. I really disliked her. :/

message 17: by Shellbelle (new)

Jenn, totally forgot about that part with Barrons...I'm so ready for a re-read...I love that man, jerk or not!

message 18: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) hehe Yeah it's about time for a re-read for me. I try to space them out by a couple of months or I tend to skim through Mac's irritating parts and go straight to the good stuff...then I'm done way too quickly.

Finished Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2) by Susan Mallery and started Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3) by Susan Mallery . When I'm done with it (probably before I pass out...maybe) I've got Delicious (Buchanans #1) by Susan Mallery loaded and ready to go! :)

message 19: by Shellbelle (new)

Jenn, so glad that your loving her books like I do! I just want to go through her whole list and read everything. It makes it easy to be her Cheerleader though:D

message 20: by Kelly Lynn (new)

Kelly Lynn (lemonpink418) | 189 comments Carolyn: Glad I'm not the only one who hated Nicole at first, but in her book, I fell in love with her. It may have had a little to do with Hawk, the hero in the book, but she gets better! The only one I had trouble getting into was Jessie's book. For some reason I just couldn't find a soft spot for her.

message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments Okay, I just bought Only Mine by SM but I won't get to it until next week.

I have to read Cover Me by Catherine Mann, Play Dirty by Susan Anderson and With No Remorse by Cindy Gerard.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ ♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "Carolyn, thanks for joining! Glad your liking her, I read Accidentally Yours by Susan Mallery and I loved it! I'm reading Falling For Gracie (Los Lobos, #2) by Susan Mallery now, and I'm loving it!

Hannah,..."

Falling for Gracie is my fav book of hers...enjoy.

message 23: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Stopping the other 2 books I'm reading so I can read Only Mine (Fool's Gold, #4) by Susan Mallery tonight!

message 24: by Shellbelle (new)

I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks about Only Mine!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I have to apologize to anyone who is a Nicole Keyes fan. After reading her story I understand her more. I respect her a whole lot.

message 26: by Andrea (new)

Andrea I finally got my copy of Only Mine (Fool's Gold, #4) by Susan Mallery , so I#m putting everything else away for now :)

message 27: by ♠~Dawn~♠ (new)

♠~Dawn~♠ Finally finished Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning now onto Fanged & Fabulous (Immortality Bites, #2) by Michelle Rowen for one of my challenges

message 28: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments Just started Only Mine by SM and I'm still reading Cover Me by Catherine Mann.

message 29: by Shellbelle (new)

For those of you that have started reading Only Mine make sure you take part in the Only Mine Group Discussion! Can't wait to hear what everyone thinks! I also based the August Monthly challenge around Only Mine! Click Here to check it out!

message 30: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) I'm reading Juliet by Anne Fortier . I got it as a First Reads book and it arrived today! Then I'm onto Susan Mallery's Only Mine once I get it arrives!

message 31: by Shellbelle (new)

Tegan, I have seen a lot about Juliet. I'll be curious to see what you think!

message 32: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) I'll let you know for sure! I'm really liking it so far!

message 33: by Shellbelle (new)

Just finished Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison and I really liked it! Now I'm not sure what I'll read, maybe do a re-read of Falling For Gracie (Los Lobos, #2) by Susan Mallery and then move on to Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews

message 34: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) I just got Only Mine in the mail today!! Yay!

message 35: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments Okay, I'm also reading Secrets of Bella Terra by Christina Dodd. I saw it at the bookstore and it sounded so good and I just had to buy it. lol

message 36: by Lora (new)

Lora | 2 comments Plantation by Dorothea Benton Frank

message 37: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 6 comments I am reading True Colors by Kristin Hannah and Then Came You.

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (irshqq79) | 7 comments I just finished Playing Dirty (Sisterhood Diaries, #3) by Susan Andersen like an hour ago, and once little man is in bed I'll be starting Crave (The Fallen Angels, #2) by J.R. Ward because let's face it, who doesn't love a fallen angel...or two

message 39: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) About to start Only Mine (Fool's Gold, #4) by Susan Mallery :)

message 40: by Hannah (last edited Jul 31, 2011 06:45PM) (new)

Hannah | 468 comments What did you think of Playing Dirty Sarah?

Still reading Secrets of Bella Terra by Christina Dodd and Only Mine by SM.

message 41: by Shellbelle (new)

Sarah ♥ Crave! (not quite as good as BDB, but still pretty darn good!)

Hannah, never read Christina Dodd, do you really like her?

message 42: by Hannah (last edited Jul 31, 2011 09:34PM) (new)

Hannah | 468 comments Shell, let me first say... have you ever read an author who's writing style just bugs you? You can't really pin point why but there's just something there? Christina Dodd is that for me. I have had the same problem with all of her books but having said all that, Secrets of Bella Terra, which is a romantic suspense, is really good and mostly I have managed to ignore those little things that bug me. I love the heroine so far and the hero is okay. I love the mystery and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Here's a link to her website and the Bella Terra series:

http://www.christinadodd.com/home_con...

message 43: by Shellbelle (new)

I'll have to check her out Hannah. I haven't read a lot of Romantic Suspense, but I'm willing to give anything a shot☺

message 44: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments I think you might like it.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

reading Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2) by Susan Mallery . Is it the first in the series? I can't remember but I think it might be the second.

Went crazy at Borders this weekend. I went all over the island to every Borders and bought every Rachel Gibson, Susan Mallery and Deirdre Martin book I could find. And a few others.

message 46: by Shellbelle (last edited Aug 01, 2011 12:47AM) (new)

Carolyn, it's the 2nd, but I if you haven't read the first one it will be fine. They can be stand alones too:)

Did you get a lot of books then? I need to read more of the Blades series by DM...

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I got 17 books. That'll probably last me the month. LOL

message 48: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Read Under Her Skin (Lone Star Sisters, #1) by Susan Mallery & Falling For Gracie (Los Lobos, #2) by Susan Mallery tonight. LOVED them both! ♥♥♥Riley!

message 49: by Shellbelle (new)

Jenn, so far Falling for Gracie is my fav. SM book ever! I adore Riley also!!! (just got done re-reading, and I already want to read it again!lol)

message 50: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) I have Lip Service (Lone Star Sisters, #2) by Susan Mallery & Sweet Success by Susan Mallery waiting to be read. Just need to finish up with Tiago first! ;)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9