We love Susan Mallery! discussion

Archived Folders > First Book by Susan Mallery?

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shellbelle  | 1168 comments Mod
Tell us what the first book you ever read by Susan Mallery was. Also let us know how you first discovered her. Was she recommended to you? Find her books at the lib, or a book store? On a blog, GoodReads, FaceBook, or anyother website?

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (MissSnarky) | 2 comments The first book I read by Susan Mallery was Sweet Talk. Sweet Talk was just witty, funny, surprising, and romantic, I couldn't put it down until it was done. My friend who introduced me to reading for fun was never really into romance unless it was YA. After about 6 mos of catching up on all YA books I wanted to read, I was at the online catalog for my local library and discovered Susan Mallery. The summaries interested me so I thought I would try one of her books out. After I read Sweet Talk, I requested all of her books from my library and just fell in love. And then of course the book buying started and has never really stopped. :)

message 3: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) I haven't read any Susan Mallery (yet). I first discovered her here on GR and then Shell commented on the book I marked to-read and told me how much she loves Susan Mallery. Now I can't wait to start reading! :)

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments Accidently Yours was my first SM book and I just loved it. I got it at my fave used bookstore! I immediately got most of her backlist after that! I pre-order everything from the used bookstore.

message 5: by Kelly Lynn (new)

Kelly Lynn (lemonpink418) | 189 comments My first was Sweet Spot. I picked it up because I can not resist a romance with an athlete as the hero. I immediately fell in love with it and was so psyched that Raoul's story got continued in Fools Gold.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Kelly Ann- If you haven't read already you should read Rachel Gibsons Chinook hockey series. All the men in each book is the athletic hero. And if you have read, then you know what I mean.
I have give Shell a big thanks for introducing me to them;-)

message 7: by Kelly Lynn (new)

Kelly Lynn (lemonpink418) | 189 comments Carolyn, aren't those books fabulous? I love Luc and Jane's story.

Have you read the New York Blades series by Deirdre Martin? That is another hockey series, but I'd skip Total Rush (I believe the third story) if you can't get into a Wiccan heroine.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

After reading that you mostly write hockey reviews, I thought, oh she's definitely read about the Chinooks. Rob and Kate were my favorite couple, but followed closely by Luc and Jane.

I haven't read New York Blades series, but it seems like its a must. Will have to add to my ever growing TBR list. LOL

Carolyn, Rob and Kate are my fav. too! with Luc and Jane right behind them! Kelly Lynn, I read Chasing Stanley in the Blades series, but now I want to go back and read them order!

As far as Susan Mallery
I read The Substitute Millionaire by Susan Mallery for my first SM book and Accidentally Yours by Susan Mallery was my second! I eventually read the whole millionair series, and I'm slowly working my way through all of her books! I can't wait to see which ones everyone likes so I know what to read next!lol

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments I forgot SM also wrote catergory romance. I loved her Initmate Moments stories. I think one of those was actually my first romance novel by her. lol Then Accidently Yours. lol

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee | 4 comments I really can't remember what my first susan book was but i know i was hooked after starting the sheik series and went on line befor nook and ordered everyone of them from amazon... lol.. and then it was on to everything i could find by her.

message 12: by Linda (new)

Linda (lmauws) I actually found Susan Mallery by accident at the library. My 5 year old daughter was rushing me and I just choose books by the cover. I rarely did that but I had to be quick and try to keep my daughters voice down with 10 month twins in tow. I read Chasing Perfect first ever book of Susan Mallery. Fell in love with the book after the first page.

message 13: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Chasing perfect for me too. Loved it.

message 14: by ♠~Dawn~♠ (new)

♠~Dawn~♠ Hey Shell, do you happen to have any of her books in pdf or epub that you could send me?

message 15: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Dawn I have Chasing Perfect and Almost Perfect in epub if you want those two.

message 16: by ♠~Dawn~♠ (new)

♠~Dawn~♠ that would be awesome Jenn! I'll PM you my email

message 17: by Josie A (new)

Josie A (jowieap) | 2 comments Delicious! And I've been collecting her books ever since!!

message 18: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) Just bought Chasing Perfect today at Borders!

message 19: by Kelly Lynn (new)

Kelly Lynn (lemonpink418) | 189 comments Sad that Borders is going out of business, but seriously excited about the 30% off all romances sale they had going on Friday!

message 20: by Shellbelle (last edited Jul 25, 2011 05:23PM) (new)

YaY Tegan:) Your going to ♥ the series!

message 21: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Started Delicious today. I love it so far. 2nd chances are always nice. :)

message 22: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) Yay! I'm excited!! :)

message 23: by Shellbelle (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Started Delicious today. I love it so far. 2nd chances are always nice. :)"

I think 2nd chance romance is my fav. theme!

message 24: by Andrea (new)

Andrea A friend of mine actually recommended Susan's books to me, and it actually was the first romance novel I ever read :) I started out with Sweet Talk (Bakery Sisters #1) by Susan Mallery and then read everything I could get my hands on :D

message 25: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) I'm starting Only Mine (Fool's Gold, #4) by Susan Mallery !! First SM book and I'm sure I'll be wanting to read more!

message 26: by Shellbelle (new)

Tegan I hope you like it! I just re-read Falling for Gracie, and I LOVE that book! I didn't want to sleep, and I didn't even feel compelled to stop reading and get on GoodREads, I just wanted to read!

message 27: by ♠~Dawn~♠ (new)

♠~Dawn~♠ Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) by Susan Mallery just started last night. So far I'm liking it

message 28: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Starting Under Her Skin (Lone Star Sisters, #1) by Susan Mallery today!

message 29: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (therowdylibrarian) I really like it so far Shell!! :) I had to make myself sleep. haha.

message 30: by Shellbelle (new)

I have that problem too Tegan when I'm reading her!lol

Jenn I have read 2 of the LoneStar sister's books but I didn't read book 1, it's a cute series...but then all of her books are cute☺

message 31: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) It's really good (probably needless to say). I like Cruz. Hmm. Now to get the hubby to adopt an accent and call me querida. lol

message 32: by Julie (new)

Julie | 2 comments I can't remember which Susan Mallery book was my first. I had read thru all books by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, then Rachel Gibson, then I believe I went on GoodReads to research other great contemporary romance books and read the reviews. I ALWAYS read the reviews and suggestions of other readers. They are a great source of information. Susan Mallery was suggested. I started, and have been going full force since then. I've gotten a large number from the library, but also listen to books on tape/iPod from library service, as well as download books for my Nook. Can't get enough of Susan Mallery! So glad we have several more Fool's Gold books to look forward to.

message 33: by Shellbelle (new)

Julie, how are the audio books? Do they have good narrators? I'm really picky with my audio books, but I have been looking for something to listen to on the iphone while I'm working out☺

message 34: by Cindy (last edited Aug 25, 2011 06:41AM) (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 505 comments The first book I've read by Susan Mallery was Married for a Month, I found this book at my local library years ago. It was a great read ☺, so I went back to library and picked up everything on Susan Mallery that I could find. Since then I've been keeping track of all her upcoming releases, and now I'm waiting patiently for Only Yours...

message 35: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments Ooh, I have never heard of/see that book Cindy; I'll have to see if any of rh library's near me have it. That looks good! I thought I'd read all of SM's books.

message 36: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 505 comments Hannah-It's really old, hopefully one of the libraries near you will carry it. It was a great book ☺, but it's been awhile lol! Let me know what you think.

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments I just out a hold on it, so I should get it soon. Thanks for mentioning it. LOL Will let you know what I think. I'm just shocked I never heard of it. LOL

message 38: by Cindy (last edited Aug 30, 2011 11:33AM) (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 505 comments Ok ☺! Susan Mallery has a huge backlist, lol.

message 39: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments She does but I figured I read/heard of all of her mainstream romances. Her catergories, sure I probably haven't seen/heard of them all but the mainstream ones? I'm so disappointed in myself. lol

message 40: by Shellbelle (new)

I really need to take some time and get ALL of her books put up in the Index! She does have a huge backlist! And I just stumbled upon the Married for a Month book recently too and it looks really cute! Can't wait to hear what you think about it!

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) I was introduced to Susan Mallery on Good Reads. Was a bit Dubious at first because I hate romance books!!! Bakery sisters Sweet Talk was my first one, after that I was hooked! Have got quite a collection of them now.

message 42: by Shellbelle (new)

It doesn't take long to get hooked to Susan Mallery's books! Once I read one book I won't stop till I read them all...and then I'll prob. do some re-reads!lol

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Haha! I have to get on and read some more. Have got the whole collection of the Desert Rogues to get through!

message 44: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 505 comments ♥☆♫★♡ Kathy♡bahd gihrl♥♡★ wrote: "Haha! I have to get on and read some more. Have got the whole collection of the Desert Rogues to get through!"

I've only found a few Desert Rogues books in my local library, do you by any chance have this on pdf?

message 45: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments ♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "It doesn't take long to get hooked to Susan Mallery's books! Once I read one book I won't stop till I read them all...and then I'll prob. do some re-reads!lol"

Yeah, I think I'll eventually have to get my hands on all her catergory romances. Or as much of them as I can, minus the Sheik's. I hate any books with Sheik's in them. lol

message 46: by Shellbelle (new)

I don't think I have ever read a book with a sheik in them before!lol

message 47: by Hannah (last edited Sep 01, 2011 09:49AM) (new)

Hannah | 468 comments Good for you; they suck. LOL SM has written some but I have stayed away. I hate them. (Mind you, this is my feeling in general, not SM)

message 48: by Shellbelle (new)

I have to know Hannah, what is it about them that you dislike so much?! Your cracking me up with your utter distaste!☺

message 49: by Cindy (last edited Sep 01, 2011 06:12PM) (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 505 comments ♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "I have to know Hannah, what is it about them that you dislike so much?! Your cracking me up with your utter distaste!☺"

I'm curious too.