Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > What was your curfew growing up?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jul 16, 2011 07:26PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments My oldest son, going into seventh grade, is staying out until 10:30PM tonight for fireworks at a local festival. I don't remember staying out this late at his age, but this is a special event, the big annual local festival, so he's out until later than usual. He's way responsible...I trust him. But if he drinks a beer or something he's grounded forever.

What was your curfew in middle school? What about in high school? When did you go curfew-less? Under what circumstances might your curfew get relaxed?

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee | 703 comments I'm too old to remember that far back, RA!!! lol

Buuut.....I know I didn't get to stay out till 10:30 in 7th grade.....

message 3: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17333 comments Mod
Sundown.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24262 comments Mod
We didn't have a curfew. My mother was very overprotective...things were negotiated on a case by case basis. It would depend who was going, the destination, etc. In 7th grade I don't think I would have been out with a group of friends all my own age, at night. 7th grade is pretty young.

message 5: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I don't really remember. I think it was variable depending on my mother's mood, who I was going out with, or where I was going.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) My curfew didn't grow up.

message 7: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments I think it was when the street lights came on, in the summer time. Other than that, I believe it was a case by case basis.

message 8: by Annie (new)

Annie (agrunwe) I never had a curfew. Still don't.

message 9: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments I am the queen of curfews... I even had one in college when I was home for the summer.

Sundown (like Sally) in the summer when I was little.
10:00 on school nights and midnight on weekends until I turned 21. After I was 21, I had to be home by midnight or check in with them if I was going to be later. It was mortifying.

message 10: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments I don't think I ever had a curfew. That was dealt with on a case by case basis, but I was never allowed to be out after dark by myself because we lived in the middle of nowhere and my mother thought rapists were lurking around every quiet corner.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I never had a curfew. The rule was that I needed to call and say where I would be, and that if I said I was on my way home, I had better be on the way home. The only time I ever got in trouble was one night when I said I was coming home then somehow ended up going swimming first. My parents were up when I got home at 2 or 3 and NOT happy. But it was "you said you were on your way" not "do you know what time it is?"
I was a responsible kid so I didn't take advantage of their trust and felt very bad about that.

message 12: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Jul 18, 2011 09:28AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6027 comments Ten o'clock until junior high, then my parents told my sister and me to call them if we weren't coming home that night.

Is it any wonder I fear karma?

message 13: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6027 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "But if he drinks a beer or something he's grounded forever."

What if he saves two or three for you?