Raleigh Brunch Book Club Bunch discussion

Upcoming Reads > Cutting for Stone vs Lemon Tree

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle (rachelles) | 7 comments Hi,
Keep meaning to make it to a meeting, summer has been difficult. Did we skip a meeting for July? I thought Cutting the Stone was for the July meeting? Also how did everyone like Room?? I loved it!! Glad I checked the website today, before I started The Lemon Tree!! I won't get to meet everyone in August--either-darn!! My son will be getting his Eagle Scout- yeah for that. Hope to meet eveyone soon! Rachelle

message 2: by AmyAmy (new)

AmyAmy | 12 comments Mod
Hi Rachelle,

We had no meeting in July, since the first Sunday fell on the 4th of July weekend. Also, our next book CUTTING FOR STONE is 650+ pages! So we're taking two months to read this book.

We will discuss CUTTING FOR STONE in August
(first Sunday).

We will discuss LEMON TREE in September
(first Sunday).

We always meet the first Sunday of each month at 12:30. We meet for one hour in North Raleigh.

Looks like we'll miss you for the August meeting, but congrats to your son for earning his Eagle Scout!!

All of us except for 1 person liked ROOM. How unique! Kept our interest.

Will look forward to seeing you in BOOK CLUB!

message 3: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle (rachelles) | 7 comments Hey Amy-- I keep missing you guys!! Whats on the Agenda for October-- I think I can make it!!

message 4: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle (rachelles) | 7 comments Ok I just saw, The Undomestic Goddess!! Perfect for me-- I could use some fluff for now. When my kids were little I had the Domestic Goddess-- I am soooo over that now!! Can't wait to read the book. I absolutely loved Room. Couldn't bring myself to read Cutting the Stone the more reviews I read...
How was the Lemon Tree?

message 5: by Rachelle (last edited Sep 30, 2011 11:08AM) (new)

Rachelle (rachelles) | 7 comments Wow just realized I had the wrong Lemon Tree book. I am much more interested in the one you have!

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 1 comments What time do you meet on Sunday?

message 7: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle (rachelles) | 7 comments Hi Amy my neighbor any I would like to come to Sundays meeting--Can you tell me when and where it is meeting?

Thanks Rachelle