Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Member Reading Archive > Alexis's 2011 HP Reads

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments I'm starting in July; so, it will take a while to update. I simply ENJOY reading these stories and look forward to sharing my adventures. Oh, do Mills & Boon books count?

message 2: by Alexis-Morgan (last edited Jul 16, 2011 02:44PM) (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments Currently, I am reading Tiger, Tiger by Robyn Donald. Egads, narcissism at its best so far!!

message 3: by Lemon (last edited Jul 16, 2011 02:58PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Alexis-Morgan wrote: "I'm starting in July; so, it will take a while to update. I simply ENJOY reading these stories and look forward to sharing my adventures. Oh, do Mills & Boon books count?"

They do! These books are published in the UK as Mills & Boon either simultaneously with or prior to the HP editions in North America.

Do you have any suggestions or requests for the upcoming monthly book club?

message 4: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments Something from the ebook subscription that forces me to read the books I'm paying for? :-)

Other than that...nope! I'll go with the flow.

message 5: by Alexis-Morgan (last edited Jul 16, 2011 03:10PM) (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments I got these last month thanks to a sale at Audible.com. It's funny. I spoke to the folks at Harlequin at RT in April regarding audiobooks, and NOT ONCE was this mentioned...that you can get HP books under different publishers on Audible.com. Maybe it was in the works at the time? I enjoyed these especially since I paid less than $4 per book:

Pleasure Pregnancy & a Proposition
Marchese's Forgotten Bride (Harlequin Presents, #2899) by Michelle Reid

The others are not HPs but "Special Editions," "Romance," etc.

Other audiobooks (all re-reads/listens) since January 2011:

The Italian's Suitable Wife by Lucy Monroe
Taken by the Highest Bidder by Jane Porter
The Greek Tycoon's Secret Child (Harlequin Presents) by Cathy Williams
Possessed by the Sheikh (Harlequin Presents # 2457) by Penny Jordan
Marriage At A Price (The Australians) (Harelequin Presents, No 2181) by Miranda Lee

message 6: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments Another vintage HP...that I read in April

The Valentine Child (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, #1795) by Jacqueline Baird

message 7: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments Starting this one tonight...another vintage HP (I do so LOVE that dollar table at the Crown Books Superstore in West Hills):

Caribbean Desire (Harlequin Presents, #1502) by Cathy Williams

message 8: by Alexis-Morgan (last edited Jul 16, 2011 09:49PM) (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments Another dollar book I read this month (acutally going there tomorrow for a "friend"-it's what I tell my kids, my DH doesn't buy it ;-):

His Mistress for a Million (Harlequin Presents, #2904) by Trish Morey

message 9: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments About to start a book I got FREE at RT in April (I have a tub FULL of books from RT that I haven't even started on):

The Devil's Heart by Lynn Raye Harris

message 10: by Alexis-Morgan (last edited Jul 17, 2011 05:54PM) (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments Finished the above last night...our new puppy was up until 3am!! Next up, just bought today at my beloved UBS:

Diana Hamilton Guilty Affair (Forbidden!)

Just..ugh! Seems like everyone was cheating in this book!! Of course, the two that should have felt guilty did not.

message 11: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments Three more from the UBS:

Love This Stranger
Man On The Make
Stars Over Sarawak

They are old: two with yellowing covers, all have cracked spines and the occasional spot. Also, two have the red rimmed pages. I am just too giddy!!

message 12: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments I am behind...here's one I just finished today:

A Spanish Awakening by Kim Lawrence

message 13: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments Marriage Under Suspicion by Sara Craven

message 14: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments Just finished these two over the weekend...

Accidental re-reads (who knows why???):
The Italian's Pregnant Mistress

At the Italian's Command (Mistress to a Millionaire) by Cathy Williams

New read:
Constantinou's Mistress

message 15: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Cathy Williams weekend. I read all three of them at some point but I honestly can't remember a single thing about them. Guess they were quite memorable. Cathy Williams is just bleh for me- something to fill the time if nothing else inspires you but nothing riveting.

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
I have those accidental re-reads myself, Alexis. :)

message 17: by Alexis-Morgan (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 97 comments I agree, Lululemon, with your bleh. My daughter went on a semi-shopping spree with a friend for her birthday, and they were on my Kindle. :-)