Military Science Fiction discussion

The Posleen War - John Ringo

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colin (new)

Colin | 76 comments I just finished Eye of the Storm by John Ringo. This book is part of the Posleen War (a.k.a. Legacy of Aldenata) series.

I really liked this book. Of all the Posleen War books I have read so far, this one is definitely the best.

This book takes place several years after the conclusion of the Posleen War; the Posleen are still around, even on Earth, but are more of a nuisance than a serious threat.

However, a new enemy now comes on the scene: the Hedren, who are in some ways even worse than the Posleen. Unfortunately, the Galactic Federation no longer has the ACS units (thanks to the Darhel). Fortunately, the Federation still has General Michael O'Neill. To make matters worse, the Federation is on the verge of breaking up, as Humans and some Indowy have finally had enough of being manipulated by the Darhel.

Oddly, this book features very little combat. Most of the book consists of the difficulties involved in getting ready to fight the Hedren; Earth's military has been gutted (again, thanks to the Darhel), and most of its forces exist only on paper.

In spite of this, I loved the book. It gives some tantalizing, all-too-brief glimpses into the internal politics of the Galactic Federation, including the Darhel-Himmit rivalry, and even the Aldenata.

I highly recommend this book.

message 2: by Patricrk (new)

Patricrk patrick | 29 comments Colin wrote: "I just finished Eye of the Storm by John Ringo. This book is part of the Posleen War (a.k.a. Legacy of Aldenata) series.

I really liked this book. Of all the Posleen War books I..."

sounds interesting, I'll put it on my list.