Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > Your favorite read of June!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rossy (last edited Jul 16, 2011 12:37PM) (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Inquiring minds want to know!

What book(s) made it to your keeper shelf, this month?

Which book(s) didn't work for you this month?

Did you get hooked on a new series?

Did you try something new from your norm, that was an enjoyable surprise?

Did one of your favorite authors disappoint you this month?

message 2: by Priyank (new)

Priyank Singhal | 10 comments My favorite book this month was "Mini Shopoholic" by Sophie Kinsella. How about you?
And which book are you eagerly awaiting for?

message 3: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jul 17, 2011 12:52PM) (new)

Fran | 11055 comments June was a really good month for me- several 4 star reads, and even 3 five star reads-

Fade (Dream Catcher, #2) by Lisa McMann At Piper's Point by Ethan Day Confessions of a Prairie Bitch How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated by Alison Arngrim

Only 1 disappointing-
Freighter Flights (Freighter Flights, #1) by Drew Zachary

message 4: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 822 comments What were your favorite books this month? Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5) by Karen Chance Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews Noble Intentions (Noble, #1) by Katie MacAlister Chasin' Eight (Rough Riders, #11) by Lorelei James

Which book(s) didn't work for you this month? Defiance (Strange Angels, #4) by Lilith Saintcrow Darkness Unleashed (Guardians of Eternity, #5) by Alexandra Ivy Delicious by Sherry Thomas

Did you get hooked on a new great series, this month? No. The only FIS books I read this month were Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles & Trey (Red Hot & Blue, #1) by Cat Johnson & both were disappointments.

Did you try something new from your norm, that was an enjoyable surprise? Yes. I don't usually read anthologies because as much as I love certain authors, his/her novellas tends to be an epic fail when in condensed form. But I read Inked (World of the Lupi, #5.5) by Karen Chance this month & actually enjoyed it very much.

Did one of your favorite authors disappoint you this month? Thankfully, none of my favorite authors disappointed me in June. They more than exceeded my expectations. Yay!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 957 comments Favorite reads (4-5 stars):
Entwined by Heather Dixon Save the Last Dance (Harlequin Superromance) by Roxanne Rustand Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum Illusions (Wings, #3) by Aprilynne Pike Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

Disappointed reads (3 stars and lower):
Turned at Dark (Shadow Falls #0.5) by C.C. Hunter Retro Demonology (The Demon Trappers, #0.5) by Jana Oliver Beasts and BFFs by Shannon Delany Chime by Franny Billingsley Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre

message 6: by Priyank (new)

Priyank Singhal | 10 comments My next read - "No Deadline For Love" by Manasi Vaidya

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina Goulaki (cgoulaki) Best read of the month: An Equal Music by Vikram Seth

message 8: by Rosemarie (last edited Jul 24, 2011 03:18PM) (new)

Rosemarie I read 2 books with new authors for me. 4 and 5 star ratings The Pirate and the Pagan by Virginia Henley

Comanche Moon (Comanche, #1) by Catherine Anderson which is #1 of a series

message 9: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie Which book(s) didn't work for you this month This Duchess of Mine by Eloisa James disappointing.

message 10: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ My 2 favorites for June were Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11) by Kresley Cole and Temptation Ridge (Virgin River, #6) by Robyn Carr . My biggest disappointment was Sleeping with the Fishes (Fred the Mermaid, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson .

message 11: by Teddy (new)

Teddy (teddyyy) | 1 comments oh! Jane Eyre definitely THE best read of June for me

message 12: by Juana "Darkness" (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 423 comments Well I think that my favorite read of June is between Intertwined Intertwined (Intertwined, #1) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Secret The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld, #7) by Gena Showalter and Kiss of a Demon King Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley Cole

message 13: by Ai Haibara (new)

Ai Haibara (theendingiscoai) Favorite book this month Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

Worst read book this month The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 26 comments Favorite book in June was definitely Caressa’s Knees by Annabel Joseph

Biggest disappointment had to be The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1) by Kady Cross . I was excited about it and had heard some really good things. Thought it would be a good steampunk to start with - but didn't even finish the book.....

message 15: by Sana (new)

Sana (sanashams) June '11 Reading

Books which made it to my keeper shelf: Forget You by Jennifer Echols and Tiffany Twisted by Alison Tyler

Books that didn't work for me: Eternal (Tantalize, #2) by Cynthia Leitich Smith and Flash by Jayne Ann Krentz ; just okay reads.

Something new that I tried: I read Burnt Shadows by Kamila Shamsie and Click by Eoin Colfer and both were great books.

message 16: by Katharina (new)

Katharina | 802 comments My favorite read for June was Sunrise Song by Kathleen Eagle

Least favorite read was The End Of Summer by Rosamunde Pilcher