Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

My Indi Nook Pledge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Everly (new)

Everly Anders As an independent author, I feel I should be doing more to support fellow Indi writers. If we don’t support each other, how can we expect the general public to support us? I want to pledge to read two Indi books a month, but as a lot of people have said, there is a lot of crap out there. So I would love recommendations of self published books that you like. Then hopefully other people will join my pledge and get great recommendations from here. So please leave a comment with any recommendations that are NOT YOUR BOOK. I love advertising my books as much as the next person, but the whole point is to support others and get good Karma in return. So start posting, and join the pledge if you want.

Elle

message 2: by Lonnie (new)

Lonnie I love the idea! I'm not an author and I have not read many Indi Authors but I love indepenent music and can see how this will be similiar.

I'll try to read an Indi book once a month or so if the suggestions are good and give a review. Provided I can find the book easily enough.

message 3: by Everly (new)

Everly Anders Lonnie wrote: "I love the idea! I'm not an author and I have not read many Indi Authors but I love indepenent music and can see how this will be similiar.

I'll try to read an Indi book once a month or so if the..."

Lonnie-
A great way to get started is to find a goodreads group for Indi writers and see what books they are talking about. You can also go onto B&N and see what books are for 99 cents. They are usually independent authors. We love the support!
Elle

message 4: by Deb (new)

Deb | 21 comments Nook is helping me find more indie authors because of the relative ease of epublishing. Thanks all :)

message 5: by Everly (new)

Everly Anders Here is a website that reviews self-published authors. You might be able to find some great new stuff here to add to your bookshelf.

http://brazenbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Elle

message 6: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) Hard Day's Knight by John Hartness is pretty awesome if you enjoy urban fantasy novels.

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenwb) | 45 comments Here is another good review site.

http://booksandpals.blogspot.com/

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Bout (nancybout) | 84 comments i always love buying Indie books!:) Great Idea too!;)

message 9: by Camy (last edited Jul 23, 2011 05:19PM) (new)

Camy (camytang) This is really a brilliant idea, Elle!

I love Steampunk and really enjoyed Lady of Devices, a steampunk adventure novel by Shelley Adina.

message 10: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) Imperium by Nicholas Olivo is also an awesome book. Though, again, it's urban fantasy.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelgogan) The Dark Wife by Sarah Diemer is a great indie book you should try!