Q&A with Aimee Laine discussion

Welcome! > Say 'Hi'!

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Laine (aimee_laine) | 94 comments Mod
Thanks for joining my group!

I love to meet people who've read Little White Lies or any of my shorts, read any of my articles or even any of my unpublished stories.

Will you share a little bit about you? Tell me why you joined. What's your favorite color? Who's your favorite book character? Are you a writer or a reader or both? Spill the beans, because I want to know about you!

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (iandssmom) | 2 comments Hi my name is Shannon! I got an invite so I joined!! I've had the book on my tbr list so thought I'd find out more!! :) Did go and download the excerpt and looks good!! I have 2 kids 13 y/o son Isaiah and alomst 4y/o daughter Sarah!! I'm a nurse and work night shift and I love to read and crochet!!! Thanks for having me in the group!!

message 3: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) | 25 comments Howdy. I'm J.A. Belfield, author of Darkness & Light.
I joined because I love Little White Lies.
Favourite colour: blue (although I'm rather find of grey in clothing)
Favourite book character: Tough one ... hmmm ... can I have a character from a book that isn't yet released?
Although I'm a writer, I read at least as much as I write so I'm definitely both.
I don't like beans. I'd rather spill spaghetti hoops ;o)

message 4: by Aimee (new)

Shannon wrote: "Hi my name is Shannon! I got an invite so I joined!! I've had the book on my tbr list so thought I'd find out more!! :) Did go and download the excerpt and looks good!! I have 2 kids 13 y/o son Isa..."

Thanks for joining, Shannon! I have a 14 y/o son. OMG... aren't they a handful? Or is it just mine who towers over me with his massive self. ;) I hope you thoroughly enjoy Little White Lies once it reaches the top of your TBR list!

I don't like beans. I'd rather spill spaghetti hoops ;o)
@J.A. You are too funny. And welcome!!

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (iandssmom) | 2 comments Well luckily for me not him my son is very small for his age!! :)

message 6: by Aimee (new)

Shannon wrote: "Well luckily for me not him my son is very small for his age!! :)"
Definitely lucky for you. Mine is 1.5" shy of 6ft and I am 5'6" ... BIG difference there. ;) Worse, I don't think he's hit his growth 'stride' yet ... and will be well OVER 6' when done growing. ::sigh:: :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 20 comments hi everyone

*waving*

message 8: by Aimee (new)

::wavesback:: Hi, OCD Kay! :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 20 comments =)
can't wait to talk in this group once i've sorted my blog out, i accidentally deleted 10 reviews :\

message 10: by Aimee (new)

OCD Kay =P wrote: "=)
can't wait to talk in this group once i've sorted my blog out, i accidentally deleted 10 reviews :\"

Oh no! I'd freaking out. I mean FREAKING out. Good luck!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 20 comments thanks =)
I think i have to re-post them all so i've lost all my comments :(

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin Dameron-Hill | 1 comments Hi Aimee! I'm looking forward to the Q&A!

message 13: by Aimee (new)

Erin wrote: "Hi Aimee! I'm looking forward to the Q&A!"
Hi, Erin! Thanks for joining! :)

OCD Kay =P wrote: "thanks =)
I think i have to re-post them all so i've lost all my comments :("

Yeah, that's a bummer. :(

Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB  | 1 comments Hi Rick here- so happy to be part of this Group!

message 15: by Cameo (new)

Cameo (cameo_renae) | 1 comments Hi Aimee!
I also got an invite and joined! Little White Lies is on my TBR list. It sounds intriguing. I'll definitely have to bump it up. :)
My favorite color is baby blue.
I am both a reader and writer. These days it's hard to do both, because my real job(s) are super busy. (Summer+Hawaii=tourists, which = work, work, work for me) :) haha

message 16: by Aimee (new)

(Summer+Hawaii=tourists, which = work, work, work for me) :) haha
If that's anywhere near the 'real job' then I have absolutely NO sympathy for you! ;)

And thanks for joining and bumping me up the TBR pile list! :)

message 17: by Aimee (new)

Rick wrote: "Hi Rick here- so happy to be part of this Group!"

Thanks for being here, Rick! Happy to have you!

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) Hi Aimee,
Thanks for the invite to the group :) I'm looking forward to reading Little White Lies & getting to know you better.

I have 3 kids but mine are younger than your boy. I have 2 boys, 6 & (almost)3 and an 11month old daughter! Beyond that I don't have time for much except my hubby, housework & reading :)

message 19: by Aimee (new)

@Michelle : Yeah for girls! Yeah for boys! Of my three, I'm 1 boy + 2 girls (identical twins who just turned 7) so I know that age well! You're at a fun stage with all your kids! :)

message 20: by Tara (new)

Tara Reed Hi! Thanks for the invite! I have 4 kids, 13 yr old son(urgh), 10 yr old son, 7 yr old daughter (again, urgh) and a 2 yr old daughter. I love em!!! And they certainly do teach me alot about myself. :) Looking forward to reading your book!

message 21: by Aimee (new)

Thanks for joining, Tara! I'm with you on the (urgh)s ;) anything between 10 and 18 I think deserves an (urgh). :)

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) Aimee wrote: "@Michelle : Yeah for girls! Yeah for boys! Of my three, I'm 1 boy + 2 girls (identical twins who just turned 7) so I know that age well! You're at a fun stage with all your kids! :)"

They are all fun in different ways! You've got your hands full too, I'm surprised you found time to write :)

message 23: by Aimee (new)

I'm surprised you found time to write :)
To use the cliche "where there's a will, there's a way. Little White Lies was my 2nd fully complete book (two previous ones made it half-way) and I now have 8 fully completed novels and 2 more in the works. So, oh yeah, I find time to write. But I also find time to get my kids to dance, to make sure they do their chores, to read and do their homework with them. :) S'all about time management. :)

And yes, I do sleep. (I get asked that question a lot). :)

message 24: by Julie (new)

Julie Reece Hi!

Reader/writer here. Looking forward to reading Little White Lies and getting to know everyone in the group :) Howdy, ya'll!

message 25: by Aimee (new)

Yeah, @Julie! So glad you're here! :)

message 26: by Denna (new)

Denna (dholm) | 1 comments Hi, another reader and writer here. Already read Little White Lies and enjoyed it. Love the new take on shapeshifters. Look forward to talking to, and reading about, other writers in the group. Thanks for the invite.
Denna

message 27: by Aimee (new)

Thanks for joining, Denna! Glad you enjoyed Little White Lies! :)

message 28: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Toohey (paulinelouise) | 4 comments Hi, Aimee. Am a 'yet to read LWL' person. Will soon be a 'have read LWL,' person, as soon as I get off my butt and order a copy.

Looking forward to seeing the finished result, and sniffing the pages. Yes - I am a self confessed book sniffer.

message 29: by Aimee (new)

@Pauline : The sooner you order LWL, the sooner you can sniff those pages. ;) hehehehehe :) Thanks for joining!

message 30: by Sapphyria (new)

Sapphyria   (saphsbookblog) | 2 comments Tell me why you joined. What's your favorite color? Who's your favorite book character? Are you a writer or a reader or both? Spill the beans, because I want to know about you!

I joined because I received an invitation--and I'm glad :) Little White Lies is on my TBR list.
My favorite color is navy blue; my car is navy blue, my favorite gemstone is sapphire (also navy blue), etc.
My favorite book character is Nancy Drew.
I'm mainly a reader but I do write on my blog--does that count?

Thank you!

Saph

message 31: by Aimee (new)

Hi Saph! Sure, writing in your blog counts! :)

I have an affinity to sapphire, too. Aren't they beyond gorgeous? :)

Thanks for joining!

message 32: by Sapphyria (new)

Sapphyria   (saphsbookblog) | 2 comments Aimee wrote: "Hi Saph! Sure, writing in your blog counts! :)

I have an affinity to sapphire, too. Aren't they beyond gorgeous? :)

Thanks for joining!"

I love them--they happen to be my birthstone too.

message 33: by Aimee (new)

Ah, very very nice. I get Aquamarine for my birthstone. :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 18, 2011 12:57PM) (new)

Hi Aimee. I'm a fellow Pens girl. Today is the day.. that I start reading Little White lies! I'm so excited! :)

message 35: by Aimee (new)

Ooooh! Yeah! Thanks for joining Slytle and happy reading!! :) I hope you love it! :)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

i love books but have not gotten to lwl but it is on my list of books to read !

message 37: by Aimee (new)

Awesome, Onexlove! Glad it's at least on the TBR! :) And thanks for dropping by!

message 38: by Pam (new)

Pam (pammangol) | 2 comments Tell me why you joined.
Because it's you, Aimee.Duh.

What's your favorite color?
Red

Who's your favorite book character?
Oh... good one. I'm going to go old school with Shadowspawn from the Thieves World Series.

Are you a writer or a reader or both?
Both! :D In fact, I should be writing now.

message 39: by Aimee (new)

Are you a writer or a reader or both?
Both! :D In fact, I should be writing now.

Is it time to crack the whip, Pam?? :)

message 40: by Pam (new)

Pam (pammangol) | 2 comments HAH! Maybe.