TV We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > Criminal Minds

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Holli (new)

Holli Did anyone see the premiere last night? I've always liked this show....I think the cast works well together and even without Mandy Patakin the show works. Anyone else like it?

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 125 comments i've seen episodes here and there and it looks awesome!!

message 3: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Hey, there holli.
Hubby and I watch this show, not religiuosly but often enough. we did catch the finale and the premiere last night. It was good. I'm glad they didn't kill off any of the major characters. Whats the deal with Hudge's chip-on-the-shoulder when it comes to crap, forget his name, you know they one who didn't blow up in the ambulance? Dude does tend to the rebellious, not necessarily by the book stuff. I knew he'd be the one to drive off with the bomb!

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli Yeah me too!! Hodge likes to be by the book and so he hates that Morgan is kind of a maverick I think......

message 5: by Tish (new)

Tish | 5 comments This is one of my favorite shows :) I agree with you Holli--it does work with out Mandy Patakin and I was not sure if it would. I like Joe Mantegna too. I was not sure if I was going to like him. I have to admit I do love Shemar Moore. I loved him when he was on The Young and Restless.

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli Oh me too Tish!! Malcolm......I wish they were both back on there. Malcolm AND Dru. :)

whichwaydidshego I like this pretty well. I will often record it and watch it when I'm cleaning or something. Mostly I like anything that has a puzzle of some sort for me to figure out.

But I wanted to say that I think the point of contention for Hodge with Morgan is that while the team would trust Morgan with their lives, Morgan would be hard pressed to do the same - has to do it all himself without even letting the team know. You can't be truly an effective leader until you can successfully be a part of a team... plus, in the end he endangers them all by not doing things as a/with the team.

message 8: by Holli (new)

Holli I'm loving the background stuff on Spencer and his mom. The story is fantastic and I wish they would do more like that. Its nice to see the characters become human and not just "lets find the killer" people.

message 9: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments I have had trouble this season a bit because they seemed to be really confused with what they were doing with Reed, but that has finally gotten better. I think Morgan is a team player to a degree, but what they said this past week is he is an alpha male and that defnitely comes through. Of course, Joe Mantegna's character often goes off the team grid too.

Hodge is so anal sometimes I want to smack him, yet that is what is needed for his job.

I wasnt sure abotu Prentiss when she first came to the show but have loved the way they have developed her.

They have had some really good villians lately. Wil Wheaton (far cry from Star Trek) and Jason Alexander come to mind.

message 10: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) | 126 comments I've seen a few episodes & enjoyed them. It's on at the wrong time for me though.

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, it.Thomas Gibson is great,Shemar Mooreis OMG fine,just an all round great cast & show.

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments It came back last night, haven't watched it yet. Has anyone seen it?

message 13: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments I love this show, but sometimes it gets almost to dark for me, but maybe its all the kid stuff they end up doing. Being a relativly new mom, (5 years) it is hard to watch when kids are involoved especially the one where the kids was the killer!!!!! I have to make sure everyone is in bed, and I'm awake enough to watch it so I'm not as regular as I used to be!

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli I missed it last night.. I'll have to catch up online....

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I caught it, and it was good. It's one of my more favorite shows. Wow, Ponyboy looks harsh, LOL

CSI NY doesn't have it's own thread so I'm going to post this here anyway, since it comes on right after Criminal Minds and maybe some of you will have seen the last season's finale. Generally I forget what's happened on my shows until I see where they do 'previously on...' but when I saw the premiere, I was totally lost. Did I somehow miss the last episode of last season? My husband doesn't remember any of the 'previously on' either. Usually CM has it's finale on the same night as CSI NY, does anyone know if it ran on an extra week last season? I've been checking all over online to try and find the episode but I can't find it anywhere, only 2 minute clips. So if anyone knows definitely where I can view it, I'd appreciate a link. I tried hulu, crackle, cbs.com, mininova, pirate bay. I don't where else to look.

message 16: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) Jackie wrote: "I caught it, and it was good. It's one of my more favorite shows. Wow, Ponyboy looks harsh, LOL

CSI NY doesn't have it's own thread so I'm going to post this here anyway, since it comes on rig..."

For the season finale, from what i remember, The female cop who was partner with Flack( that name could be way off) was killed. They worked the case and at the end went to the bar to celebrate her life. THere was a drive by shooting and it fades to black. Now we get Danny in the chair, Stella and the lab guy in bed together and more mysteries than answers

hth

message 17: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Thanks. I don't know how I missed that!

message 18: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) Jackie wrote: "Thanks. I don't know how I missed that! "

ym, you might want to check this out http://www.csi-ny.co.uk/season4/index...

message 19: by Jackie (last edited Sep 26, 2009 09:58AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I still can't find a place to actually watch it. And I surely cannot afford to buy an entire season for one episode.

Sasori No Danna I love this show! It is awesome and suspensful! Go Criminal Minds.

message 21: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I love it too. I adore Reed.

message 22: by Holli (new)

Holli Me too Jackie! He's my fave....

message 23: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Reid is awesome but Derek is FINE !!!! I love this show.

message 24: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Yes he is!

message 25: by Lori (new)

message 26: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments LOL
I can see him having that effect on most of us women!

message 27: by Alice (new)

Alice I love Reid and Derek, but I am a Hotch girl all the way! This season has been so amazing.

message 28: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments I've been a fan of Thomas Gibson since Dharma & Greg. He also made a few made for TV movies, which weren't bad.
A.J.Cook is in one of my favorite movie series Final Destination 2.
The whole cast is really very put together.

message 29: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Who's AJ Cook play?

message 30: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments She's the skinny blondie who as a rule sends them where their needed. Her name on the show is Jennifer "JJ" Jareau.

message 31: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I love her!
She was in Tru Calling also.
I like the whole team on CM, they work well together.

message 32: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Yeah that's what I said! LOL :)

Sasori No Danna I like every single one of them!

message 34: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments OMG did anyone else see the season finale? What is Morgan going to do? And how about Tim Curry? Was he a good bad guy or what?

message 35: by Myra (last edited Jun 08, 2010 09:34AM) (new)

Myra | 406 comments Tim Curry was great. So slimy! My husband hates cliffhangers and when this one ended as it did, he just got up and walked out of the room and I didn't see him for the rest of the evening! I can't believe we have to wait until fall to see what's going to happen.

message 36: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I can't remember the finale now, this is exactly why I hate cliffhanger endings.
Someone want to refresh my memory?

message 37: by Holli (new)

Holli I can't remember it either! LOL

message 38: by Myra (new)

Myra | 406 comments It ended with the bad guy escaping with the daughter of the LA cop. To Be Continued...

message 39: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments OK, now I remember that. Yeah, there was some crazy stuff going on in that ep.

message 40: by Holli (new)

Holli Oh yeah... that was a GOOD one!

message 41: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Eric Close, he was on Without A Trace, i still miss that show. Anyway he killed his self thinking he was saving his sister and daughter, but Curry took his little girl anyway. And as much as i hate cliffhangers Criminal Minds has always left us wanting more, and wondering what's going to happen when it comes back. This show is in my top 5, love love love it.

message 43: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) Jackie wrote: "JJ's out:
http://eztv.it/tvnews/5231/criminal-m..."

This just doesn't make sense, she was the glue that kept the group together.

message 44: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments They say it's a financial decision. It really pisses me off when they say that, because out of any business in the US, the entertainment industry makes plenty of money. Enough that they don't have to be so greedy.

message 45: by Lori (last edited Jun 22, 2010 11:34AM) (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Amen to that! They can not say that show doesn't earn it's pay! It always gets good ratings. And while i don't want to lose any of the characters, why is it that AJ Cook gets fired and Paget Brewster gets cut down to only a few episodes?
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/0...
Go here and sign the petition to keep her. And then scroll down the page some to see why they can't pay AJ, or Paget. I'm not a Forest Whitaker fan to start with, and when he was on last season i was hoping that he wouldn't replace anyone like Hotchner (Thomas Gibson, Joe Mantegna) or Rossi. But this is worse, a spin off. I'm not a big fan of spin offs, just because some work doesn't mean they all will. CSI has 3, Vagas, Miami, and New York their all good. Law & Order has 3, and their all good. But NCIS has 2, and only the first one is good. NCIS Los Angeles SUCKS big time. I for one i'm not even going to give it a look at. IMO they should leve Criminal Minds alone. It's one of the most distinctive shows on TV, i would really hate to see it get shat on by a spin off.

message 46: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I totally agree. I love NCIS but the LA one blows. The intro ep on NCIS sucked enough that I didn't even bother with the new series.
I won't be watching the Criminal Minds spin off. It's not even a consideration.

I don't want JJ back for one episode! I want her back the way it's always been. Oh why do they have to mess with perfection? The team was perfect as is!

message 47: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments The dumb asses think they'll get more ratings this way. But when you steal from peter to pay paul, you always wind up with shit! And that's what their doing here. I read somewhere,(i can't find it now) that their going to replace her with some other girl. IMO if their going to get rid of AJ/JJ then do not replace her with someone else. We're not going to like the new girl, and if we do it's going to take time. If it's not broken don't fuck with it. The - powers- that- be- should know this by now.

message 48: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I don't see the point in replacing JJ. I mean, they do have to pay this new girl, right?

message 49: by Lori (last edited Jun 22, 2010 01:08PM) (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments You would think so. But if she's really new she won't coast as much, not to mention less air time. Maybe she won't be going with them like JJ did, she'll just send them on their way.

Maybe i'm being a bitch, but i don't like Forset Whitaker, and i don't think it's fair to give AJ the ax and cut down on Paget's face time just so they can afford to pay him in a spin off! And for the record i wouldn't like whoever they chose to head up this new show, and again i will not be watching it.

message 50: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Another point: the spin off is a NEW show, why should it take anything away from the original CM? It's such a bullshit thing for them to say.

« previous 1