What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA Fiction Boy sees ghosts and follows them down a collapsed mine

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tam (new)

Tam (Rikkiau) | 2 comments About 20 years ago I read a book about a boy (I think his name was Jeremy) who could see ghosts (said to be of dead miners who were never found) and one night he decided to follow them down the mines.

I would really love to read this book again but can't remember the name at all. I think this was from a school class set but would have been a few years old even then.

I hope that someone is able to help me
Thank you in advance

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 178 comments Kit's Wilderness Kit's Wilderness (Readers Circle) by David Almond ? The summary is similar, however the names are not. Does it seem familiar?

message 3: by Tam (new)

Tam (Rikkiau) | 2 comments Thanks Deborah but this is not it. It does should very interesting though, might have to add it to my "to read" list :)

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
What is it with ghosts and mines? Seems to be an entire children's/YA subgenre.

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4844 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "What is it with ghosts and mines? Seems to be an entire children's/YA subgenre."

Ha! I was thinking the same thing :)

Tam, what age group would you say the book was geared towards: teens or 9-12 age bracket?

Here's a few to look at. Most of the books listed are the first book in a series.

Mysterious Max
Shadows on the Wall
Thicker than Water

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Tam, are you still looking for this? Was it anything suggested by Tab?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

The Mine Of Lost Days involves a "haunted" copper mine in Ireland and time travel.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Tam, are you still looking for this? Was it anything suggested by Tab?"

No response. Moving to Abandoned.

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15769 comments I know this is abandoned, but it's gotta be Jeremy Visick.