Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Discussions and Questions > What book is this? Renaissance, hero disguised as a miller

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla | 1668 comments Mod
Posted in the Welcome Thread. Moved to here. Any suggestions, members??? I have no idea myself.

message 333: by Veronica~Nhaughty (new) Jul 14, 2011 08:11am
Hello everyone!! Not sure where to post this, so here it goes...

I'm looking for a book that I read maybe 20 years ago...I can't for the life of me remember the title or author, but just the story...maybe someone else has read it?? I loaned the book out & never got it back :(

The story is during the Renaissance (I think), just remember that the herione of the story's dad has several gambling debts and she has to become a spy or they will be tossed into prison. She ends up spying and something happens that causes her to run off and she ends up in a small village...there she meets and falls in love w/the local miller. Their romance blossoms, however, her past comes back to haunt her and it turns out that the miller is acutally a duke (or something), and the one she was sent to spy on (but she didn't know)...he finds out & well, it's the typical romance from there..I really want to re-read this one...can anyone help me out?? Please and thank you!!!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) No clue but sounds good. Have you tried this site yet?

http://www.historicalromancewriters.c...

They have things done by time periods but u can search other things like character type.