What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: 70s or 80s childrens book with illustration of father and son bulding stairs to the sky with only 3 stairs [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jay (new)

Jay Kyburz | 4 comments Hello folks,

I'm looking for a book I had when I first started school in the late 70s or early 80s.

Inside the cover had an illustration of a father or grandfather an young child bulding a stair case to the sky with only 3 stars. They would take the last stair and move it to above the first, take a step up and repeat.

I think the rest of the book is about bulding a huge wondrous house.

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 152 comments That sounds a little familiar. Were they trying to get to the moon? Did it have illustrations on each page?

message 3: by Jay (new)

Jay Kyburz | 4 comments I think so.

message 4: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 152 comments I wish I could help more, but my sister used to have what I think might have been the book you are looking for. Unfortunatly, we gave away the book a while back. I will try to go visit the used bookstore we gave it to to see if they might still have it. Sorry I'm not more help.

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments I think this is The House That Beebo Built.

message 6: by Jay (new)

Jay Kyburz | 4 comments Thats it! Thanks Diana!

message 7: by Diana (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments Happy to help!

message 8: by Jay (new)

Jay Kyburz | 4 comments Don't suppose you have a scanner. :)

message 9: by Diana (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments I do! :) But I don't own this book, I just remember a question about it being solved on the LibraryThing forums months ago. :D