Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

FINAL COMMENTS,FEELINGS!

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Allen ABH I saw the movie and it was perfect for me.It was always exciting and always kept me on edge. Same for the book ( read in three days and got sad when i finished it ) all i can say is i cant believe its over.

As a true HP fan i feel obligated to say it was perfect but honestly it was. Obviously it didn't have everything that was in the book but i think they got everything pretty well.I got a little teary eyed right when Professor Mcgonagall went at it with Snape and how the whole school (except slytherin)united together.It made it feel like the whole school was in it together.And seeing how all the professors putting up protection spells to make a force field even though they knew it wouldn't stand a chance against Voldemort.I also got sad when they breached the castle and everyone was dieing and the mystical,grand Hogwarts school was torn down. It kind of felt like a dream seeing that castle go down, it always seemed like it could never be touched.OH and anyone else feel like slapping Draco and his whole entire family when they just walked away?Anyways i also felt weird in a way when Bellatrix Lestrange and Voldemort just, i guess you could say evaporated.What i thought was "its over? really over?!?" The rest of the movie was great,good ending i just hope they leave this wonderful series alone and hopefully JK Rowling wont milk the franchise!Now that there will be no more movies or books im sad,depressed, and see no meaning in life. I try to get new books but i keep thinking about Harry Potter but i cant let go and wont. NOTHING CAN COMPARE TO HP! NOTHING!

-True HP fan Tito

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I WILL MISS HARRY POTTER GREATLY!

Court I will greatly miss having the newness of anything Harry Potter. But, it's not over :) Harry Potter isn't gone forever.
But....was anyone else a little disappointed by how different the movie was from the last half of the 7th book?

Bonitta I feel that this series, both literary and video will become an item that I will forever keep and pass on to my grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I feel that it is timeless and will become a classic for all generations. I will have to keep up with the changing technology so that I will always have a copy in the new and changing formats.

I do wish that J. K. Rowling would write another novel. I doesn't have to be Harry Potter related, but a tie in would be interesting.

Becca I have never been a massive fan of the films because the books to me are perfect but the last few films have been good and done well and I haven't been disappointed. I believe that film adaptations of books are one interpretations of that story and that what is put into the film is there to carry the story along within the film. The last film was awesome and the emotion of the book was there and that was really all that was needed! I absolutely loved the emotional music and the part where hermione, ron and harry are running through the castle to get to voldemort in the boat house. It was beautifully done and although things were missing it didn't matter so much because the heart of the story was there! loved it! Harry Potter will never be over because I can pick up the first book and be transported back to Hogwarts and relive the story all over again! It feels like the end of an era and the end of my childhood in a way. I've loved every moment of it!

Allen ABH Bonitta wrote: "I feel that this series, both literary and video will become an item that I will forever keep and pass on to my grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I feel that it is timeless and will become a ..."
of course i want rowling to make more novels its just when an author continues a series even though it already finished,it gives the author and book series a bad look.Bad look as in money hungry,sorta like mortal instruments!The third book had a great ending but the author made/making 3 more books and 2 other books that are basically the same but different name/characters/time period

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah whenever authors do that i feel disapointed

message 9: by Lindis (last edited Jul 17, 2011 06:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lindis Russell Harry Potter does live on through Pottermore.com!
Go to it and check it out! The website doesn't officially start until October, however if you enter your email address you have the chance to be a few of the lucky ones chosen to help JKR build the site. They will be drawing email addresses on Harry's Birthday, July 30th. I know I hope they choose mine! I have heard that one of the things that Rowling will be revealing is Professor McGonagall's story! We WILL be getting more from the world of Harry Potter!

As for the movie, I just saw it today and I loved it. My daughter and I cryed throughout almost all of it! Awesome!

message 10: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti I SAW THE MOVIE 4 TIMES AND I LOVED THEM EACH TIME. HARRY POTTER IS MY LIFE!!!!!

Raygen im going to miss harry potter so much. i watched all the moves in a row and all the books. for right now im reading all of J.K. Rowlings books she has ever written

Allen ABH Raygen wrote: "im going to miss harry potter so much. i watched all the moves in a row and all the books. for right now im reading all of J.K. Rowlings books she has ever written"

me too like i said i cant stop reading the books over and over and im also looking for more of her books. its just right now no book can attract me at the moment :p

Raygen Right now I'm reading one of the school books

message 14: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti Raygen wrote: "im going to miss harry potter so much. i watched all the moves in a row and all the books. for right now im reading all of J.K. Rowlings books she has ever written"

RIGHT!?!?! think how she must be feeling

Lindis Russell I can't wait till we can get the last one on DVD and have a Harry Potter movie day!!!!

message 16: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti YES! but it might come out in December

Bronte I freaking miss Harry Potter! =( what the heck am i gonna do? :'(

message 18: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti KEEP UP THE SPIRIT!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Courtney wrote: "I will greatly miss having the newness of anything Harry Potter. But, it's not over :) Harry Potter isn't gone forever.
But....was anyone else a little disappointed by how different the movie was ..."

I was just a little. But now HP is over. I've been waiting for the 7th one my whole life (literally) and now it's over. But here is a quote from my favorite T.V. Show: "Nothing is ever forgotten. Not really. Not ever. You just have to try and remember it."~Doctor Who (5th season BBC America)

message 20: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti Keep the spirit HIGH

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) YES. Harry Potter will NEVER be forgotten.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

since its over just wanted to say 1 thing.... harry should have ended up with hermione. thats all.

Allen ABH ♥♥☻☺☻theawesomeone♥☻☺☺☻ wrote: "since its over just wanted to say 1 thing.... harry should have ended up with hermione. thats all."

that would so awkward i mean anyone with harry would still be awkward, but still:p

Risha Paramita I love Harry very much.. :)

message 25: by Vera (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vera It feels empty.

message 26: by Vera (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vera Oh and in my opinion Harry should not have ended up with Hermione. How can you say that? ;)

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Vera wrote: "Oh and in my opinion Harry should not have ended up with Hermione. How can you say that? ;)"

YES.

Jordan I loved the movie but i will miss waiting for the next one to come out!

message 29: by Cameron (last edited Jul 24, 2011 06:18PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cameron Harris I am quite satisfied that Harry Potter is finally over. It was great while it lasted and I hope that Rowling does not decide to make more novels because I believe the quality will go down. This happened with the Star Wars novels which started out great but are now quite bad.

Risha Paramita I think OK if Harry with Ginnie,, :)

Allen ABH harry should be alone like dumbledore :p

message 32: by Carita (last edited Jul 25, 2011 12:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carita Did you guys know that Dumbledore is gay?

http://youtu.be/ps338g6MCqQ

I think we all knew that the relationships would end up like this, there was time for little romance in te last book, Ron and Hermionie? We saw it coming. If not Ginny who the heck would Harry be with? I couldn't see it any other way.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Well, the actor is gay. NOT Dumbledore. And I agree with you about Ron, Ginny, Hermione, and Harry. Well said.

message 34: by Vera (last edited Jul 27, 2011 06:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vera Kaleigh wrote: "Well, the actor is gay. NOT Dumbledore. And I agree with you about Ron, Ginny, Hermione, and Harry. Well said."

It seems that J.K. Rowling once said in an interview that the character Dumbledore is gay, and that he was in love with Grindelwald. I'm not sure if it's true, I've never seen the interview myself. Not that it matters for me :)

message 35: by Asra (new) - rated it 4 stars

Asra Ghouse Kaleigh wrote: "Well, the actor is gay. NOT Dumbledore. And I agree with you about Ron, Ginny, Hermione, and Harry. Well said."

You seem to be mistaken on this. Actually the character, Dumbledore is gay. I am completely sure of this as I have an excerpt from an interview of Jo's.

message 36: by L-H (new) - rated it 4 stars

L-H I enjoyed the movie

Mitchie I agree with some people that the last half wasn't like the book. I REALLY didn't like the part where Harry and Voldemort jumped off a building (WHAT WAS THAT?) and I think they really should have had Harry's monologue where he explains everything to Voldemort in front of everyone because everyone was fighting for their lives and for Harry and I felt like they deserved an explaination why they were; so in the movie they didn't have that but oh well. Another thing: was it just me or was Ron not really involved in everything? Also, they didn't explain Albus Dumbledore's story when Harry, Ron, and Hermione were with Aberforth. ONE MORE. It really irritated me that Dumbledore told Harry what the crying whimpering thing in the corner at King's Cross was. You're never supposed to find out. Yeah, the theory is that it's Voldemort's dying soul thing but it shouldn't have been explained because I found it interesting that you never find out what it was. Over all, NICELY DONE, David Yates. He really got the final countdown exceptional.
(I still hate Harry and Ginny together though because first of all, the character Harry Potter annoys me. He's so irritating and annoying and he's such a pansy. And Ginny....SO annoying. She has a different boyfriend practically every week and she's just really... I dunno. I just don't like them. But I suppose if he was going to marry one of the characters it would obviously be Ginny.)
SO MANY GINGERS (Not that I don't like gingers) in the epilogue! Red hair EVERYWHERE! :)

Mitchie Tito wrote: "harry should be alone like dumbledore :p"

YES! That SO should have happened. Personly, it would have been AWESOME if Voldemort actually killed Harry and then he completely took over the world. But of course, that can't happen.