Chicks On Lit discussion

Just for Fun > Do you think that there is a deadline for love?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Priyank (new)

Priyank Singhal What do you feel?

message 2: by Kiana (new)

Kiana Davenport | 51 comments Never! Recently an 89-year old man bought a copy of my book SHARK DIALOGUES, and asked me to sign it for his fiance, Delores, who is 94! They will be married on her next birthday, August 1st. Til then, he said, they're 'living in sin.' This happened recently at the Honolulu Book Fair, and I pulled the man up on the stage and told his story. The entire audience stood up and cheered for him. I love this story! No, Priyank. THERE IS NO DEADLINE FOR LOVE!!!!
Kiana Davenport, Author

message 3: by Jyoti (new)

Jyoti Arora (jyotiarora) | 27 comments depends, I guess, upon if the love is being reciprocated or not. If the relationship is healthy, the love will go on growing stronger. Otherwise, it will die out, sooner or later.

message 4: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Chaney (carrie_chaney) | 148 comments @Kiana -- Love your comment! :]

@Priyank -- Maybe clarify the question a little? Do you mean, "Is there an expiration date on unrequited love?" or "Do all relationships have to end?" or maybe "Is there an age at which one should give up on finding love?"

In the case of the first, I think there's a point at which most poeple give up. However, love is an amazing thing, and can endure amazing trials. So I wouldn't say that love has the expiration date, but the person's patience probably does.

In the case of the other two, there most definitely is not an expiration date whatsoever. No one should ever stop looking for love, and a two people in love should never stop fighting for it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think there is an expiration date; however, I think love can be overlooked.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Love doesn't have an expiration date but that doesn't mean it won't change throughout time as most people will change over time. It can grow, become deeper, it can fade away or fade from passionate love to caring friendship love. Depends on the circumstances and people involved. If you are open to receiving love, it will come to you but often not from where you expect it!

Elizabeth (Alaska) My grandmother died at the age of 86, my grandfather 6 months later at the age of 91. I've always believed that he simply gave up when he lost the love of his life.

message 8: by Priyank (new)

Priyank Singhal But do think that end of an existing relationship means end of love?

message 9: by Viola (new)

Viola | 1014 comments @Priyank,

Boy are you cryptic. I don't know what you mean by "end of love". Love never ends. Love changes. Love evolves. It can start anew at anytime.

But if you are going through a breakup now, then I can sympathize with you and want to reassure you that even though you may stop loving that person now (or if that person has stopped loving you), love still exists and it doesn't end. It'll come in different forms and enter your life in different ways through different people. Have hope.

Elizabeth (Alaska) Priyank, this is a women only group.

message 11: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Thanks for the heads up Elizabeth. Clearly it was time to clean house. Found four or five of them lurking in the shadows. There are about a dozen or so names that I cant tell if they are male or female and it isn't listed on their profile. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. But I'm not totally comfy with it.

message 12: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
btw Priyank was 16 - I'm pretty sure his expiration date on love may have involved Selena Gomez dating Justin Beiber and the end of his dream.

Elizabeth (Alaska) Tera wrote: "Thanks for the heads up Elizabeth. Clearly it was time to clean house. Found four or five of them lurking in the shadows. There are about a dozen or so names that I cant tell if they are male or..."

:-)

message 14: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Chaney (carrie_chaney) | 148 comments Tera wrote: "btw Priyank was 16 - I'm pretty sure his expiration date on love may have involved Selena Gomez dating Justin Beiber and the end of his dream."

lol. Well said. ;)

message 15: by Mary (new)

Mary (marybt) | 336 comments Tera wrote: "btw Priyank was 16 - I'm pretty sure his expiration date on love may have involved Selena Gomez dating Justin Beiber and the end of his dream."

haha. I wanted SO BADLY to ask how old Priyank was. I was guessing 15. lol.