A Tribute to Harry Potter discussion

Harry Potter and life... > Anything you 100% believe about HP?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Drew (new)

Drew (drewbeck) For me, it's: Whether I travel there by page or screen, Hogwarts is my home, and always there to welcome me back.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Well, I believe that it is genius and JKR is the most amazing person that has ever walked this earth... literature wise. :D

message 3: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) I believe everything!

I BELIEVE IN THE WORLD OF MAGIC!

message 4: by Andromeda (Jenna) (last edited Jul 16, 2011 02:11PM) (new)

Andromeda (Jenna) (hufflepuffsheirloveslee) | 13 comments I believe Neville Longbottom went from a cute little boy to super-mega-foxy-awesome-hot in the sequence of 7 books/movies. <3 George Weasley has been moved to Number two, sadly, but Neville kicked arse in this last movie.

"I'll join you when Hell freezes over!"

message 5: by Claire (new)

Claire Neville was amazing in this movie!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Love the AVPM reference, Jenna! ^_^

Andromeda (Jenna) (hufflepuffsheirloveslee) | 13 comments It was Totally Awesome, was it not? <3

message 8: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) Lol, of course it's totally awesome, it's Harry freaking potter!

Andromeda (Jenna) (hufflepuffsheirloveslee) | 13 comments And, I belive that Twilight can die in a fire. <3

message 10: by tallfubar (last edited Jul 18, 2011 02:37AM) (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) This made me dislike Neville ever so slightly:

(in the movie)

Neville: We lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us! In here!

Everyone: ... (dotdotdot) *awkward silence*

Neville (in offhand, careless voice): So's Fred.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments I thought it was touching... but it was like he was saying it to the millions of fans watching, not those at the battle. Because honestly, how many of them knew Tonks?

message 12: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) I liked that bit, but he adds Fred to stifle the awkward silence... HE USED FREDERICK GIDEON WEASLEY! Sorry. I go overboard about these things.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Well actually, Fred was never given a full name but I guess if you go with fanon. :D

message 14: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) XD George is George Fabian Weasley. :) They're uncles are Gideon and Fabian Prewett.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Before I say anything, are you a believer in fanon?

message 16: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Fanart, Fanfiction... Yus.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Ah ok. Yeah I love fanfiction. But I'm a... book believer, what JKR says is law, kinda person. So yeah, I don't really believe that Gideon and Fabian are Fred and George's middle names (respectively). But I do believe that their names take the first initial of Molly's brothers.

message 18: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) I don't believe it either, really. But I read a fanfiction about George re-Fredding Fred, which saved me. :P

message 19: by Miss Silvertongue (last edited Jul 18, 2011 03:54AM) (new)

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 52 comments Omg, didn't you post it (or someone else did) somewhere?

Yeah I loved it... and I hope George really thought of that. Because George isn't really George without Fred and vice versa.

Have you noticed that the only time they have gotten hurt was when they were apart? George with his ear and Fred, well, y'know. It's interesting.

message 20: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) Yeah, there's a sequel which was a bit violent. Fred gets a concussion and George gets internal bleeding and a few broken ribs. Yeesh..

And yup, it's like they can't be away from each other.

message 21: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (new)

Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥ (NushiiiMellark) | 70 comments Mod
Hahaha ZOMG that's cute and so true :)

But OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOMGOMG I DIDN'T HERE THAT AT ALLLL! When does he say the whole Fred thing?!!!! WTH I saw it a few times and I haven't heard it any of the times! :( WTH? .......
Gah I have to now scour the internet to try and find a copy of his big speech just to hear that.

Thank guys.
Thanks.

message 22: by Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥, Harry Potter withdrawal symptoms arghhh (new)

Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥ (NushiiiMellark) | 70 comments Mod
And p.s Didn't they mention George + Fred's full named sooomewhere I think maybe in DH? I seem to remember it... Like at the wedding maybe? Idk...

message 23: by tallfubar (new)

tallfubar (fallingfromresolution) No, it's not mentioned in the books, but Rowling said at one time that their last names began with the first letters of their uncles, Fabian and Gideon, so it kind of went on from there.