Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2011 > Kristen's 50 books in 2011

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (girlmomreads) So I know I am getting a bit of a late start but I read a lot and quickly so I think I can do it still. If not, it'll still be fun to try and be on here discussing the books while I try! I am only going to count the books I have dated on good reads so far this year and start from there. So here I go... #1-7

Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4) by Nora Roberts Something Borrowed (Darcy & Rachel, #1) by Emily Giffin Something Blue (Darcy & Rachel, #2) by Emily Giffin Baby Proof by Emily Giffin Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin The Help by Kathryn Stockett A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (girlmomreads) I just finished my 8th book.

A Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon
The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (girlmomreads) Book #9

Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares

Sisterhood Everlasting (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #5) by Ann Brashares

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (girlmomreads) Book #10

What Looks Like Crazy (A Kate Holly Case, #1) by Charlotte Hughes

Wouldn't recommend it. Really didn't have much plot to it. Just kind of followed a shrink as she saw crazy people do crazy things. I liked the characters though so I kept really hoping that she was going to have them do something interesting, but I was disappointed.

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (girlmomreads) Just finished Book #11:

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

It was a great book! There are two more in the series that I will definitely be reading very soon!

message 6: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (girlmomreads) Book #12:

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

I can't believe it took me so long to read this book! It is such a great read! I am about to watch the movie and I hope it lives up to the book at least a little bit!

message 7: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (girlmomreads) Book #13:

Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner

I loved the story telling in this book connecting the characters. The ending was a little too crowd pleasing and fluffy for me but for my book club read it was nice.

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (girlmomreads) Book #14:

Buffalo Gals by Amy J. Strychasz

Rather disappointing. Written about my hometown and some facts were off. Plus I just kept waiting for the climax, then at the end it's almost like she threw it in before finishing it off. However the description of that post college feeling is spot on and it had some very well written parts.